• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 11,721 through 11,760 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • gardentiger
    Free Member

Nobody should be surprised by all this. This is literally the point of Brexit. Make people work more for less in less secure/safe employment.

Anyone who voted for this shit needs to have a serious look at themselves.

binners

Indeed. Speaking of the ‘B’ Word, its going to be interesting this afternoon to see what fantasy solution the fly-tipped sofa is going to propose in Belfast

The whole position on Northern Ireland was always ridiculous contradictory nonsense and its no less so now than it was in 2016

He’s clearly in no position to start a trade war with the EU, so I presume that today will involve a lot of anti-EU noises, then lying to both sides to reassure them about things that are clearly never going to happen.

Mind you, his cause is clearly helped by the DUP being the most credulous half-wits on the planet who still inexplicably buy Johnsons bullshit despite every assurance he’s given them in the past being exposed as utter twoddle

gardentiger
    Free Member

Johnson lends the DUP respectability. Yes, read that again. Unfortunately it is true. That is why they are ‘credulous’.

And it is entirely fitting in this through the looking glass, ridiculous fantasy world that is post-2016 UK politics.

pandhandj
    Free Member

cant the MP’s get rid of their “staff” and fill those roles with the up and coming Civil Service redundancies? Less expenses for the MP’s and some people get to keep a job?

gardentiger
    Free Member

cant the MP’s get rid of their “staff” and fill those roles with the up and coming Civil Service redundancies? Less expenses for the MP’s and some people get to keep a job?

No, because then their husband/wife/cousin/mate would have to get a proper job.

MoreCashThanDash

cant the MP’s get rid of their “staff” and fill those roles with the up and coming Civil Service redundancies?

I thought that, as I think about our team of 10 and wonder which 2 will be going in the 20% redundancy cull. To be fair, 2 of us are on long term sick and I’m open to offers.

gardentiger
    Free Member

To be fair, 2 of us are on long term sick

Have they been tested for polonium and/or novichok?

onehundredthidiot

Well he’s done a good job in uniting consensus in NI both sides don’t trust him.

MoreCashThanDash

Have they been tested for polonium and/or novichok?

Citalopram and Sertraline

argee

Johnson lends the DUP respectability. Yes, read that again. Unfortunately it is true. That is why they are ‘credulous’.

It’s just depressing, to appease the DUP they’ll throw a spanner in the works of Stormont, the DUP have always been a teddies out the pram party ever since being no longer required in 2019 elections in the UK, and now being the second party in NI they’ll be even grumpier, as they’re showing. Even their ‘leader’ has disappeared back to Parliament to keep a job, whilst Stormont remains empty.

I did see Johnson is mentioning Covid, war in Europe and anything else to try and make out that this isn’t down to badly planned and thought out Brexit approaches, the sad thing is that he really is getting away with it, and all the negative stuff has helped him continue in power!

Kryton57

Lol at Northern Ireland claiming Johnson didn’t provide straight answers to any questions. Seriously, haven’t they watched Johnson in action over the last er, 20 years?

gardentiger
    Free Member

Seriously, haven’t they watched Johnson in action over the last er, 20 years?

Yes, but they chose to believe the lies. Just like many of the people who voted Leave. The rest were simply too thick to ‘get it’ and should never have been allowed near a polling booth.

But this will all unravel over the next 10-15 years. It is inevitable. The economic damage can’t be hidden forever and the political contradictions inherent in NI/RoI will just keep coming back.

The only real question is still – how much permanent and interim damage are ‘we’ willing to inflict on ourselves before we grow up?

That’s been the question since 24th June 2016 and it will remain so in perpetuity.

🤷‍♂️

binners

But this will all unravel over the next 10-15 years. It is inevitable. The economic damage can’t be hidden forever and the political contradictions inherent in NI/RoI will just keep coming back.

Simon Jenkins article in this mornings Guardian making this very point. At some point this ludicrous farce has to end and some reality and pragmatism will have to enter proceedings and replace the ridiculous posturing

Boris Johnson created this Brexit mess in Northern Ireland – and he should own it

crazy-legs

At some point this ludicrous farce has to end and some reality will have to enter proceedings

Given that there’s been very little reality present in any of it for the last 6 years, I’m not sure why they’d start now.

This will forever be the fault of the EU, Russia/Ukraine, Covid, and probably half a dozen other dead cats that they can dredge up from somewhere.

gardentiger
    Free Member

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/may/16/andrew-bailey-bank-of-england-economy-sketch

Worth it just for…

wankocracy

Never a truer word spoken in ‘jest’.

binners

Given that there’s been very little reality present in any of it for the last 6 years, I’m not sure why they’d start now

I think the scales have fallen from a lot of peoples eyes in NI as they are the ones having to deal with business end of the shambles that is Johnson’s Brexit. NI never voted for Brexit in the first place, but I think even the most hardline unionist now realises they’ve been sold a pup and all Johnson’s promises were lies

PrinceJohn

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it’s looking oddly prescient

https://www.irishcentral.com/culture/entertainment/star-trek-predicte-reunification-ireland-2024

crazy-legs

Worth it just for…

wankocracy

There was a recent Jonathan Pie video where he described Eton as “a sort of Hogwarts for ****”.
    🤣

Edit: imagine the word “bankers” with a different first letter…

binners

An interesting clip showing Johnson, this morning, try to explain his Schrodinger’s Brexit Deal. Yes, its his oven-ready deal, and he did sign up to it, so therefore its absolutely brilliant, while simultaneously being terrible due to the EU, or something…

zippykona

This will forever be the fault of the EU, Russia/Ukraine, Covid, and probably half a dozen other dead cats that they can dredge up from somewhere

It will be our fault as “we” demanded it and our brave government delivered the best they could.

falkirk-mark

https://www.channel4.com/news/boris-johnson-optimistic-northern-ireland-protocol-can-be-fixed

Watch Bozo gloss over the question at about 3 mins 20 secs.

binners

That moron still doesn’t actually understand what it is he signed, does he?

And he now seems baffled that the EU hasn’t read the small print, that only exists in his head, to say that the rules don’t actually apply to him and he’s never actually held accountable for anything.

It’ll be interesting what the other brainbox, Liz Truss, comes up with as a proposed solution later

dissonance

And he now seems baffled that the EU hasn’t read the small print, that only exists in his head

No he is pretending to be baffled to try and stoke up anger at the ENEMY.
    Because it would be rather more embarrassing to admit he signed it without caring about the details just so he could claim he got brexit done.

kimbers

what ed said

Speeder

Of course he understands what he signed. It was simply a piece of paper that kicked the can down the road. it didn’t matter what was on it, simply that it wasn’t in front of him any longer and he could claim it was done.

I’m sure “Doesn’t do details” is on the top of his CV.

dantsw13

Unsurprisingly the cabinet leaving him to it.

reluctantjumper

He may not look good eating a bacon sandwich but my god can he rip Johnson apart when he gets going!

Unsurprisingly the cabinet leaving him to it.

None of them want to be anywhere near any of it, they know it’s a toxic issue so are hiding away as much as they can.

kelvin

It’s an old video, when Parliament were social distancing. I remember Miliband’s excellent little speech.

gardentiger
    Free Member

No he is pretending to be baffled to try and stoke up anger at the ENEMY.
    Because it would be rather more embarrassing to admit he signed it without caring about the details just so he could claim he got brexit done.

Every single word of that is spot on.

gardentiger
    Free Member

None of them want to be anywhere near any of it, they know it’s a toxic issue so are hiding away as much as they can.

That applies to Brexit as a whole.

Happy to take credit or get elected by being seen to get a fantasy ‘done’.

Nowhere to be seen when it comes to implementing the reality.

I have a former boss like that. Suffice to say anyone at the coal fave or who had half an idea about how the company worked thought he was an abject tosser. The “don’t bother me with details just tell me you’re going to hit profit” higher-ups thought he was great. Guess what happened when any of them saw a realistic forecast…

kelvin

They aren’t hiding. The cabinet are fine backing Johnson on this. That footage is from when they weren’t allowed to pack out the front bench, they’d have been on video link.

binners

Indeed. The gang of half-wits presently masquerading as the cabinet all share one single qualification for being there… their enthusiasm for Brexit. Thats it.

So expect them all to wholeheartedly back whatever Instagram Liz is about to announce. Shes about to stand up in parliament now. I expect she’ll announce reneging on the deal signed by the oversexed honey monster, break international law and instigate a full on trade war with the EU.

Just when you think these idiots catastrophic mismanagement of everything can’t get much worse, they somehow always come up trumps…

Caher

My experience of DUP voters is they’ll find another excuse not to share power, the sea border is just a distraction.
    As read several times in the last few days, “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression”

pondo

Oh, I like that! ^^^

binners

Having just listened to Liz waffle on for a bit, there aren’t any proposals, as such, it’s just more posturing to keep the Brexity idiots entertained

igm

Simple question.

If Boris’s mob think their last attempt at fixing the problem Brexit created was so bad, why should we believe they are the people to fix the botched fix from last time?

Or in other words, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein

binners

It’s just more cakist nonsense!

There has to be a border somewhere, so it has to be either between the north and south or in the Irish Sea.

Those are the only two available options. They were the only two available options in 2016 and again in 2019 and they’re the only two available options now.

But apparently the EU are just going to suddenly decide that they don’t need an external border anyway, just to make Borises life a bit easier for him

gonefishin
    Free Member

They could always put the border round the island of Ireland. That would probably suit Boris better.

igm

Those are the only two available options.

I think Nicola was willing to offer Gretna

martinhutch

So Boris, the man who made a journalistic and political career out of complaining about beastly EU bureaucrats sticking to their rules, is now surprised because they want to stick to the terms of the agreement they, and he, signed…

Because, let’s face it, just as in all his contracts, including his marriages, he’s never felt restricted by the t&cs.

Viewing 40 posts - 11,721 through 11,760 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.