• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 10,241 through 10,280 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • crazy-legs

Anyone in possession of even a shred of self-awareness might question whether it was appropriate to attend a big party on the day the police hand out fines for illegal parties

I’m questioning how or when they actually do any work. From what I can tell, their days seem to consist of preparing to get pissed, getting pissed, and recovering from being pissed. How they find time to do any of that minor governing the country stuff, I have no idea.

I bet even the average student is looking on in wonderment at how you can fit that many parties into a schedule.

frankconway

Michelle Mone and Medpro PPE – yep, she and her husband have been lying through their teeth but it’s treated like a storm in a D cup.

scuttler

Yeah but she’s pretty and a business woman and not like ‘all them’

SPOILER ALERT – she’s a pig with her trout in the same trough as all the rest of the fat greedy piggies.

Mild applause for the d-cup joke.

BillMC

I didn’t know pigs had trouts. Bravo.

Kryton57

PMQs might be worth watching today, I wonder if Starmer goes for “lying in parliament” as a resignation offence – something Boris agreed was statute in the house a few weeks ago when questioned.

kelvin

You can’t prove he’s lied by referring to the police fines… because we don’t “know” (even though it’s bleeding obvious) that the fines were for anything that happened at no10 or for any event that he was present at or aware of. It’s a joke.

crazy-legs

PMQs might be worth watching today, I wonder if Starmer goes for “lying in parliament” as a resignation offence – something Boris agreed was statute in the house a few weeks ago when questioned.

Cue the standard answer of blah blah, got Brexit done, first country to beat Covid, blah, Brexit, blah, world-leading…

binners

Exactly as predicted. Asked about Partygate he blathered on about the Labour Party wanting to ‘take us back into the EU’, vaccinations etc, etc….

At 3 this afternoon Johnson has to make his appearance in front of the commons liaison committee so expect a surreal other-wordly mix of bluster, blather, out-and-out lies, deflection and latin quotes

He certainly won’t provide any answers to any questions any more than he does at PMQ’s

nickc

Surreally, No10 spokesperson says the Boris Johnson is  still not accepting that fines being handed out means that laws were broken.

Kafkaesque doesn’t even come close really

martinhutch

Surreally, No10 spokesperson says the Boris Johnson is still not accepting that fines being handed out means that laws were broken.

On a strictly technical level, none of them have been convicted (yet), so they could all challenge these fines in court to try to convince a magistrate no crime had been committed.

But yes, it’s bizarre..

binners

It just seems like more of the same, usual gaslighting.

Keep telling everybody, over and over and over, that black is white, and eventually some people will believe it.

Move along now. Nothing to see here…

Northwind

frankconway

Michelle Mone and Medpro PPE – yep, she and her husband have been lying through their teeth but it’s treated like a storm in a D cup.

Your scheduled reminder that the real issue isn’t the money or the corruption or the lying- not that they don’t matter, but the gowns delivered were never used, they weren’t up to spec. That, in the middle of a PPE crisis, meant that healthcare workers didn’t get the kit they needed to do their jobs safely.

The money’s a sideshow. I’d almost have been happy to have corruption, lying and wasted money, if it’d delivered what was needed. Same as track and trace- yes it’s an insane amount of money to have spent, and all handled through the chumocracy, but also it didn’t work. By the time it was launched, they’d forgotten parts of what it was even supposed to do. The government openly didn’t understand that the Scottish government were basing parts of their policy on data from scottish track and trace, because they’d forgotten that this is half the job it was to do.

Would spending all that cash on a working track and trace have been smart? No. But spending it on a non-working track and trace killed people.

binners

This appearance in front of the commons liaison committee is a masterclass in spouting absolute bollocks.

The Met have once again allowed him to dodge yet another bullet, as the investigation continues

Listening to it, its staggering that this blithering idiot has become PM. He is an absolute imbecile as well as a compulsive liar.

I know that it’s said he’s ‘not a details man’, but he sounds like he hasn’t got a clue what he’s being asked about and he’s just blathering complete nonsense. He’s off again with his ‘quills of the porcupine’ rubbish now…

stumpy01

Yep. I’m behind on the live feed, but this hiding behind the ‘…you’ll have to wait until the conclusion of the investigation….” line is an absolute joke.
    There is no point to this kind of thing at all if the person being interviewed can just bat away every question and not actually provide any answers or facts.

crazy-legs

Listening to it, its staggering that this blithering idiot has become PM. He is an absolute imbecile as well as a compulsive liar.

In most of his previous roles though, notably London Mayor, he was able to hide behind others. Turn up and take the credit where needed, but have others do the Actual Work.

When he was a journalist, it didn’t really matter – opinion columns are precisely about speaking complete bollocks while not being held accountable since anything untrue can simply be avoided by saying that it’s the columnists opinion, not editorial fact.

London Mayor he could hide behind the (mostly good) things that Ken did, ride the coattails of the Olympic Games feelgood factor and not really do a lot which is just as well because he spaffed billions up the wall on non-existent bridges and airports.

Once promoted above his competence levels though (and yes, you can argue that anything beyond a weekly newspaper column is above his abilities) it’s become increasingly apparent that he’s wildly out of his depth and he’s rapidly using up all his lifebelts of bullshit and bluster.

frankconway

Northwind – my post about michelle mone was wider than ‘just’ the money; it covers wasted money inc excessive pricing, product unfit for intended use, excess stock and lying about direct involvement.
    I’m fully aware that >50% of the gowns supplied by Medpro were deemed unfit for use and the gov claim to be seeking redress.
    But thanks for pointing out what I have known for nearly two years and have posted about previously.
    Also aware that >50% of product supplied by the favoured ones through ‘VIP channel’ is unfit for purpose.
    Not to mention the huge storage charges still being incurred for containers of un-needed PPE at various facilities in East Anglia.

scuttler

he’s wildly out of his depth and he’s rapidly using up all his lifebelts of bullshit and bluster

Sometimes it feels like he has an infinite supply.

dudeofdoom

Not to mention the huge storage charges still being incurred for containers of un-needed PPE at various facilities in East Anglia

Yep that’s just the cherry on the top,I think that’s a massive scandal in itself.

bruneep

and then I realised the date 🤨

fasthaggis

That has to be one of the cruelest April Fools evvvvaaaa,Bar Stewards 😒

binners

😀

somafunk

Ha, Bet Alastair Campbell put him up to that,

Rory Stewart/alastair Campbell podcast

gardentiger
    Free Member

Your scheduled reminder that the real issue isn’t the money or the corruption or the lying- not that they don’t matter, but the gowns delivered were never used, they weren’t up to spec. That, in the middle of a PPE crisis, meant that healthcare workers didn’t get the kit they needed to do their jobs safely.

Don’t forget, too, that the company connected to Mone also insisted on exclusivity*. So not only did they supply sub-standard crap, they also ensured that existing suppliers wouldn’t be able to provide pukka stuff. Good old thrusting Tory enterprise there.

*According to a chap I know who is fairly senior at Arco.

gardentiger
    Free Member

Not to mention the huge storage charges still being incurred for containers of un-needed PPE at various facilities in East Anglia

Yep that’s just the cherry on the top,I think that’s a massive scandal in itself.

Presumably another ‘thrusting, buccaneering, British entrepreneur’ owns the storage facility.

The whole ‘PPE Contracts for Mates’ is just a microcosm of what this government represents. Namely a one off smash and grab on the economy of a country in slow, but terminal decline.

Job’s jobbed for the dodgy PPE suppliers, though. That money is gone and will never be recovered.

binners

An interesting, but completely unsurprising article on our glorious leader by Andrew Rawnsley in yesterdays Observer

Boris Johnson may think that partygate is a laughing matter. Outraged voters don’t

It is appalling enough that the police have found a pattern of criminality at the very heart of government. It is worse that the prime minister treats this scandal as a joke

One senior Tory present at the dinner says: “The number of jokes Boris devoted to partygate showed that he is either monumentally insensitive or monumentally self-confident.” Or both.

Did anyone expect anything different from him? Not only does Johnson think he’s ‘got away’ with Partygate, he’s happily making crass jokes about it and openly mocking those who criticised him or thought he should be held to account. The arrogance and entitlement of the man is absolutely off the scale!

dantsw13

According to JRM today, even if Johnson gets fined, it isn’t the right time for a “Self-Indulgent Leadership Contest”

Nothing to see here, peasants – get back to work!

jimw
    Free Member

Perhaps write to your MP to let them know, politely if you can manage it, that you haven’t forgotten and that the outcome will influence your voting intentions. I did this yesterday. I also pointed out that I found his (Wiggin’s)comments on ‘the right sort of immigrants’ at a select committee last week were at best open to misinterpretation, at worst deeply unpleasant considering that he has taken hospitality from the Qataris
    I have yet to receive a reply.

somafunk

If you haven’t had a good sweary rant at this government and their ministers for a while (unlikely) then brace yourselves for an outpouring of 35 mins of expletives

Jacob rees moog interviewed by Nick Ferrari (tame tory lbc presenter)

binners

Perhaps write to your MP to let them know, politely if you can manage it, that you haven’t forgotten and that the outcome will influence your voting intentions.

My (post 2019) Tory MP is one of Boris’s latest crop of Brexiteers. Writing/emailing or attempting to contact him in any way is totally pointless as he doesn’t do engagement with the plebs. He rubber stamps everything this government does and only occasionally visits from Westminster for the odd photo op

What I’m hoping is that with his majority of only 100 votes, we’ll be seeing the back of him soon.

I’m also hoping that this shower of ****s get an absolute kicking at the local elections in May, but in reality apathy will probably rule the day, as it so often seems too in this country

crazy-legs

I’m also hoping that this shower of ****s get an absolute kicking at the local elections in May, but in reality apathy will probably rule the day, as it so often seems too in this country

Maybe in a few areas, possibly some of the recent “new blue” seats in the north who maybe feel let down by the countless broken promises made in the run up to the general election but in some areas, it’ll be same old same old.

Where my Dad lives, you could pin a blue rosette to a mangy old dog and it’d get elected.

zippykona
    gardentiger
    Free Member

The arrogance and entitlement of the man is absolutely off the scale!

So many people like him because, deep down, they would be exactly the same given the chance.

He represents people who have “had enough of political correctness” – translation = “want to be open about their arseholeishness without fear of rebuke”.

Meanwhile the rest of the world chuckles and moves on. Or if you’re Putin, sits back and admires his handiwork.

Northwind

dantsw13
    Free Member

According to JRM today, even if Johnson gets fined, it isn’t the right time for a “Self-Indulgent Leadership Contest”

I mean, he’s not wrong, he’s just trying to lead people to the wrong conclusion. This isn’t a good time to change leader, and that’s just an extra thing that they should have to bear responsibility for. “It’s a really bad time to change leader” isn’t a magic bullet to make everything the leader does forgivable- it makes what they’ve done worse

dantsw13

Johnson standing down wouldn’t affect the Ukraine war at all. MOD are quite capable of sending stuff without Pfeffel tu4ning up in his hi-viz. Better a leadership contest than keeping an untrustworthy liar in office.

crazy-legs

Better a leadership contest than keeping an untrustworthy liar in office.

He’d just be replaced by Truss or Gove.
    Everyone in Cabinet now is a thick, Brexity, corrupt, talent void.

gardentiger
    Free Member

He’d just be replaced by Truss or Gove.
    Everyone in Cabinet now is a thick, Brexity, corrupt, talent void.

Well that’s what ‘we’ voted for so…..

Never has the adage that you get the government you deserve been more apt.

gardentiger
    Free Member

It’s not staggering at all. It’s what 52%* of the population voted for.

*Discounting those who didn’t vote at all.

dantsw13

Crazy Legs – I don’t like the alternatives, but I do believe that we must hold power to account. Allowing Johnson to continue legitimises future misconduct.

binners

That Andrew Rawnsley article I posted concludes exactly that

He has lost the trust of the public and not won it back among his own MPs. Many still want him gone, not least for fear of what might happen next if the greased piglet somehow manages to squirm his way out of partygate. One senior Tory remarks: “If Boris gets away with this, he will think that he can get away with anything.” That’s a formula for more, and quite possibly worse, outrages to come

Viewing 40 posts - 10,241 through 10,280 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.