• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 8,521 through 8,560 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • crazy-legs

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/01/23/number-10-police-questioned-sue-gray-downing-street-parties/

Sorry for the Torygraph link but even they are now quoting the damning evidence that BJ is going to have to face up to very shortly.

jam-bo

Good summing up of last week…

thegreatape
    Free Member

😀 a good end to the weekend reading that

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

That Covid Sainthood/Martyr Boris dodged a while back is probably looking like a missed opportunity to a lot of Tory MPs right now.

A nice stiff Brompton Cocktail served by Rees Mogg, the political equivalent of his Service Revolver….

duckman

greyspoke
    Free Member
    Why is that duckers?

She has an explosive temper and an eternal hatred of anybody she feels has slighted her that goes WAY beyond usual political bickering.

bigrich

The tory party purges he initiated mean there’s only sychophants and fruitloops left. He’s done a really number on them; Unfortunately, the consensus-free factions are supposed to govern a diverse country.

tjagain

Now Johnson has belatedly ordered an inquiry into the allegations made by Nusrat Ghani.  I wonder if this will include speaking to their muslim MPsand staff?  The last inquiry into islamophobia didn’t

I do not understand why folk like her and Warsi can be in the tory party given the overt racism

dantsw13

Even worse, it’s been there for ever, in plain sight, right through the whole “Labour Anti Semetism “ clusterf@@k.

bruneep

Bojo:- you need to make a formal complaint

MP:- ok because I’m a Muslim I’m being discriminated against

Bojo:- if you make this formal it’ll destroy your career

MP:- ok i wont

Bojo press statement:- MP was told to make a formal complaint but didn’t.

binners

A depressing but true article in this mornings Guardian about the damage Boris Johnson has done to our entire political system

Distrust, disengagement and discord will be the disgraceful legacy of Boris Johnson

martinhutch

Ordering an inquiry is just a way of punting an issue away so Johnson can look like he’s taking action and say ‘we need to wait for the results of the inquiry’ whenever he is pressed on it.

ernielynch

I do not understand why folk like her and Warsi can be in the tory party given the overt racism

Do you think that as an anti-immigration right-wing brexiteer Nusrat Ghani would be happier in the Labour Party?

grum
    Free Member

Better opportunities for grift in Nusrat Ghani’s case it would appear.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/08/former-tory-minister-criticised-for-new-job-at-firm-she-lobbied-for

Although she’s an amateur compared to many in the Tory party.

Even worse, it’s been there for ever, in plain sight, right through the whole “Labour Anti Semetism “ clusterf@@k.

Yup and our media across the spectrum have been utterly complicit in allowing them to totally get away with it while vilifying Labour incessantly. Our system is screwed.

tjagain

Do you think that as an anti-immigration right-wing brexiteer Nusrat Ghani would be happier in the Labour Party?

Good point – but I just cannot see why someone who is muslim can contort their position to be in an overtly racist / islamophobic party.  Just seems weird to me to be a part of an organisation that discriminates on the basis of your religion.  Its not like the islamophobia in the tory party is hidden or not widely known

People are weird i guess

bikesandboats
    Free Member

Ordering an inquiry is just a way of punting an issue away so Johnson can look like he’s taking action and say ‘we need to wait for the results of the inquiry’ whenever he is pressed on it.

Doesn’t he realise that he can only kick the can so far down the road though? It seems as though Sue Gray’s report is going to go pretty badly for him, I don’t really see what he can do following it’s publication.

Or perhaps I am naïve and he won’t release the majority of the report, then order an inquiry into why the report wasn’t released?

greyspoke
    Free Member

@duckman

She has an explosive temper and an eternal hatred of anybody she feels has slighted her that goes WAY beyond usual political bickering.

Ah OK, I hadn’t picked that up, not that I follow Scottish politics that closely.

bruneep

Probably closer to the truth than we think

Northwind

Klunk
    Free Member

the trap was set for Johnson alone, the beauty of it is the tory party have so far collectively decided to be ensnared by it too.

When we look back on this, that’s the thing that’ll seem weirdest of all. For all my life, the Tories have been the masters of ditching their lame dog PMs and having their replacement pretty much lined up, and making sure that whatever happened to the person on the top the party would prosper. But now it’s completely the opposite, they seem intent on keeping the leader in no matter how much it harms the party.

And as you say the trap was for Johnson alone- I thought they were making an arse of it because Johnson could have just stepped down and instantly it’d be new broom and the anointed new leader would start with a clean sheet and it’d all have to be done again. But miraculously the Tories have taken Labour’s soggy carrot and done everything they can to turn it into a stake to the heart.

jobro
    Free Member

But miraculously the Tories have taken Labour’s soggy carrot and done everything they can to turn it into a stake to the heart.

Loving that metaphor!

crazy-legs

A depressing but true article in this mornings Guardian about the damage Boris Johnson has done to our entire political system

I’m just waiting for them to ignore the findings of any inquiry, declare Boris as Leader Forever, divide the nation up into Tribunes and have done with it. Gove could then reward the winners with that year’s Levelling-Up fund.

kelvin

But miraculously the Tories have taken Labour’s soggy carrot and done everything they can to turn it into a stake to the heart.

Loving that metaphor!

Yeah, that one deserves a round of applause. 👏🏼

kimbers

An anti-fraud Lord (& friend of Gove & Truss) has just resigned thanks to (Sunak’s) failure to go after covid loan fraud, citing

Arrogance, indolence, ignorance”, “schoolboy errors”, and “nothing less than woeful”.

Which is pretty much Johnsons personal motto

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60117513

MoreCashThanDash

The problem with going after those Covid loan frauds is that the staff doing it didn’t appear out of thin air. They were taken away from their usual (HMRC) roles.

If you’ve got £4bn in Covid fraud back but lost £5bn that you would have got otherwise, how do you get that past the NAO or Parliamentary Treasury Committee?

(Playing Devil’s Advocate slightly, but welcome to post austerity public services)

Sandwich

An anti-fraud Lord (& friend of Gove & Truss) has just resigned thanks to (Sunak’s) failure to go after covid loan fraud, citing

Would that be Lord Agnew who (checks notes) referred friends to the VIP procurement channel? That Lord Agnew the hypocritical ****!

piha
    Free Member

Have we done Bozza’s (alleged) surprise birthday party as organised by Carrie yet?

tjagain

A bit thin that more cash considering the government spend huge sums on chasing benefit “fraud” which gains less than a 10 % return ie its ten times what they spend on it to the amount reclaimed compared to spending much less on tax fraud where they gain more than they spend

kelvin

Johnson on birthday parties during lockdown…

inkster
    Free Member

It’s my party and I’ll lie if I want to, lie if I want to, lie if I want to.,

You would lie too if it happened to you.

MoreCashThanDash

A bit thin that more cash considering the government spend huge sums on chasing benefit “fraud” which gains less than a 10 % return ie its ten times what they spend on it to the amount reclaimed compared to spending much less on tax fraud where they gain more than they spend

I did say that it was slightly Devils Advocate, and Covid fraud I would have thought should be “lower hanging fruit” than some of the tax evasion we try and chase down.

kelvin

A solution for Sue Gray… or she’ll never finish her report…

reluctantjumper

If that is Johnson’s own handwriting it’s terrible. Can’t start each line in the same place, not even remotely straight on the page and it just gets worse as it gets towards the end. How many attempts did he have at writing that without crossings out, spelling mistakes and it actually being legible? Mind you, he probably wrote it after a party and was pissed.

binners

It certainly now looks like it’d be quicker to investigate any days during 2020 when there wasn’t a party going on at number 10

maccruiskeen

It certainly now looks like it’d be quicker to investigate any days during 2020 when there wasn’t a party going on at number 10

Bunga Bunga

tjagain

I am beginning to think he might just resign.  The pressure on him must be immense and surely even a man as arrogant as him cannot believe he has done no wrong or can bluff it out.  the way its all coming out day by day its utterly hilarious.  How long before the men in grey suits pay him a visit and tell him to resign for the good of the party party!

tjagain

This appears to really hammer the nail in on any excuses the corrupt shower have

ferrals
    Free Member

He’ll just blame Carrie for the birthday party as it was a surpirse so he couldnt have been expected to know what was going on… question is will he ask her to resign!?!

mattyfez

He’ll just blame Carrie for the birthday party as it was a surpirse so he couldnt have been expected to know what was going on… question is will he ask her to resign!?!

Well, they’ve bread now so she’s on borrowed time anyway – I suspect she entered into this marr… business with her eyes open and will be well compensated by the tax payer.

tjagain

bred or are they metaphorically brown bread?

Viewing 40 posts - 8,521 through 8,560 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.