• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 8,361 through 8,400 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • BillMC

Was vaguely pleased to see that the ‘pork pie’ conspiracists got their name from Alicia Kearns’ constituency (Melton and Rutland) and she has a whopping majority, certainly not red wall.

onehundredthidiot

My Tory MP is so awful he can’t even get a job as cannon fodder.

hels
    Free Member

I think that book on the table in the picture might be the Orange Book – civil service process manual on risk assessment for government.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/orange-book

Read what you will into that.

Edit: with apologies for introducing actual verifiable facts onto this thread.

tjagain

We all knew what apparently went on behind the scenes but I would never have expected constituents lives affected like schools etc to make MPs submit to the Whips.

This has been going on for a long time and a large part of the corruption in our country – same as places with Tory MPs get better funding than others

this “revelation” is no surprise to me at all and IMO standard practice

kelvin

Well, Andrew Bridgen has been on Radio4 saying those tactics were not used when May was under threat, or when Cameron was… that the bullying tactics are on another scale during this “operation Save Big Dog” period. And he wasn’t exactly a fan of May or Cameron.

The “I’ve seen no evidence” response about Wragg’s charge from the PM suggested he’s worried there may be some evidence about to be dumped… otherwise he’d go for an outright denial… this way he can sack a whip or two if need be, and hope to move on (to another mess).

Northwind

It’s bound to create loads of “being threatened by whips is normal”, because that’s one of the standard approaches now- “It doesn’t matter if your jar of jam is just one massive angry wasp, because getting a bit of wasp in jam every so often is normal”. Exact same as truck drivers- “Germany has shortages too”.

So yeah being threatened with consequences of some sort is part of the process. Being threatened with attacks on your constituents shouldn’t ever be. But they’re both threats so people will make a false equivalence.

kimbers

I think we should all take a moment to consider that Nadine Dorries, our Culture Secretary, who once ate an Ostrich anus on a TV gameshow has accused William Wragg MP of “attention seeking behaviour” for exposing blackmail within the Tory party

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60068612

dudeofdoom

BJ’s previous distractions are quite costly, the bridge/tunnel fantasy has cost nearly a Cool million to prove that it’s not feasible.

mattyfez

BJ’s previous distractions are quite costly, the bridge/tunnel fantasy has cost nearly a Cool million to prove that it’s not feasible.

That’s the thing with Boris, as lovely as it is to watch him squirm, the sheer amount of tax payers money he simply flushes down the toilet on a daily basis, on a whim, with nothing to answer for, is deeeply shocking.

This is what happens when no one is watching the watchmen.

Another argument for reform, maybe PR, or a ‘dominant party’ cant hold more than X% of seats.

With an 80 seat majority they are untouchable unless they take themselves down from the inside, which it looks like they are going to do, but who will replace Borris the brat? someone more sinister and more shrewd, I fear.

And it’s a long time until the next GE.

BillMC

Nadine? You are what you eat.

kimbers
    PJM1974
    Free Member

Excellent, a Tory civil war seems to be underway.

It’s not just Red Wall Tory MPs in the firing line, there’s a queue of lorries stretching sixteen miles long, not six miles from my front door. The M20 is right now the largest public toilet in the world.

With any luck, the civil war between Johnson and the various bickering factions that make up the coalition of grifters and client journalists will rumble on for some time yet.

Oh and here’s a sublime response to Nadine Dorries latest instance of verbal botty dribbles

hels
    Free Member

The full horror of our situation has just been revealed. Liz Truss is going to Brussels next week to sort out the Northern Ireland Protocol. I wonder if she will bother to read it first? Actually no, I don’t wonder. She won’t.

PJM1974
    Free Member

AI wonder if she will bother to read it first? Actually no, I don’t wonder. She won’t.

A) I don’t think that she can read it, much less understand it.
    B) She’ll only do what Michael Gove tells her to do.

Poopscoop

It’s probably getting near the time to bung the whole lot on an island, equip them with assault rifles and let them go full on Battle Royale.

Can you imagine this lot literally fighting for their lives when we see what they are like just fighting for their careers?

Sorry tho cross the streams but I dread to think what would happen if we need lockdown measures or such to fight a really nasty fugurecovid variant or such. They really would just let the country burn.

inkster
    Free Member

“Sorry tho cross the streams but I dread to think what would happen if we need lockdown measures or such to fight a really nasty fugurecovid variant or such. They really would just let the country burn.”

You’re not crossing threads. Essentially the government has announced that covid is over. “We beat the coronavirus” is just the latest dead cat.

Interestingly, going into some stores today (TK, Homebase etcetera), I thought that mask compliance was up on the last couple of weeks if anything, from both staff and customers.

Was this an act of political defiance, an big f*** you to the dear leader s₩announcing that the mask mandate finishes today? Probably.

Though also probably a sign that if there is another variant, we know were on our own from here on in.

falkirk-mark

I think we should all take a moment to consider that Nadine Dorries, our Culture Secretary, who once ate an Ostrich anus on a TV gameshow

I think we should all consider what the low point in our career would be
    1) eating an osterich anus on a game show (or)
    2) getting put on BBC breakfast or question time to defend Boris Johnson and being told to keep a poker face whilst doing it
    I for one am struggling to pick

dudeofdoom

Was this an act of political defiance, an big f*** you to the dear leader s₩announcing that the mask mandate finishes today? Probably.

Nah it’s, a total loss of public trust in the goverment.

I’m looking forward to hearing how he’s cleared by Sue Grey.

I think that’ll become a future entry in the English dictionary ‘Waiting for Sue Gray’ just waiting for sue gray to see what the meaning will be 🙂

dudeofdoom

I wonder if it’ll be as good as the Russia report that he sat on for yonks one that didn’t bother to look into interference by Russia.

The party report that doesn’t look at parties,perhaps you have to have a stripper/hookers & Coke for it to be a party.

Food and drink on works premises after hours just showing the long hours put in by team Tory on the covid disaster as they valiantly try to save the nhs and us.

dissonance

The party report that doesn’t look at parties,perhaps you have to have a stripper/hookers & Coke for it to be a party.

Balloons are the apparent official criteria. I doubt most of them would turn up if it didnt have the hookers and coke.

nutty tory

kilo

Balloons are the apparent official criteria.

Box of balloons, with the featherlight touch?

Might have saved Johnson a few quid over the years if he’d invested (younger readers can google Madness )

willard

That list. Wow.

grum
    Free Member

Of course in any kind of even vaguely moral organisation many of those people would have been investigated and thrown out rather than blackmailed.

Just goes to show how morally bankrupt our most successful political party is, and how traduced our opinion of politicians is that it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest that this is how it works.

MoreCashThanDash

Interestingly, going into some stores today (TK, Homebase etcetera), I thought that mask compliance was up on the last couple of weeks if anything, from both staff and customers.

Just been in to Ilkeston, local bakery, Costa, Aldi – again, more mask wearing by staff and customers than usual.

nickc

the bridge/tunnel fantasy has cost nearly a Cool million to prove that it’s not feasible

what a waste of money, I would’ve been quite happy to tell him it was shit idea for half that

tjagain

I am amused by the naivety of some of you.  This is common practice and is well known as is bribing politicians ( disguised and legitimised).  tories are perhaps worse but all parties do it

Its a large part of the reason our politics is so corrupt and dysfunctional.  this sort of behaviour is normalised

franksinatra

Not much dirt on the ‘ Tory it’s okay to like’, Rory stewart

Once again he is speaking calmly, eloquently and sensibly. The best (Tory) PM we will never have*.

*I fully accept he is Tory and his voting record shows that but he is still a superb diplomat.

grum
    Free Member

Definitely the best 2 minute takedown I’ve Johnson I’ve heard. So calm and yet so brutal.

nickjb
    Free Member

I am amused by the naivety of some of you. This is common practice and is well known as is bribing politicians ( disguised and legitimised). tories are perhaps worse but all parties do it

Not really but that’s certainly the story the right wing want to promote.

this sort of behaviour is normalised

Only by people repeating it as fact when it isn’t.

tjagain

nickjb – its been going on all the time I have followed politics – did you not see the bit about Ian McGregor in the 70s? ( or 80s?)

misteralz
    Free Member

Agreed – Hunter S. Thompson wrote in depth about it in Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Does anyone have a link to the alleged sh**list that the Tory whips have on their rebel MPs? I can’t seem to find it on twitter.

stumpy01

PJM1974 It was on here via a twitter link but appears to have disappeared along with a bunch of posts referring to it

intheborders
    Free Member

Rory Stewart has been talking sense for a long while:

zippykona

WW definitely wasn’t urinated on by 3 men if you are interested.

colournoise

Does anyone have a link to the alleged sh**list that the Tory whips have on their rebel MPs? I can’t seem to find it on twitter.

It’s fairly easy to find on Twitter if you search for the right term. Won’t post anything here as it’s clearly not welcome, I guess for legal reasons (as the provenance of the list seems to be unclear at best).

dissonance

I guess for legal reasons (as the provenance of the list seems to be unclear at best).

Yes I would be rather nervous about if I had legal responsibility for the site or indeed possibly just reposting.
    It is from a story back in 2017. Example news story referencing to the mostly anonymised version is:

indy reference

grahamt1980

And it looks like PP was the only non male member of cabinet not to accommodate KK

grum
    Free Member

Oops. I didn’t get the ban hammer, yay! Guess they really need my £3.50 a month or whatever it is. 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m aware of a redacted document that was shared by Guido Fawkes, I won’t speculate further. Clearly, the only thing that Gavin Williamson is good at is obtaining kompromat.

And it looks like PP was the only non male member of cabinet not to accommodate KK

If there were an additional K in that acronym, said cabinet member would be all over that in a flash.

Viewing 40 posts - 8,361 through 8,400 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.