• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,761 through 4,800 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • somafunk

All hail the cheese exports!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Jesus H Corbett!!!

Stupid and needlessly cruel…

…but that’s enough about Truss and Patel.

kelvin

All hail the cheese exports!

Of course, she’s managed to decrease cheese exports. So fails even on her own terms. Failing upwards. We’re being run by actual clowns.

winston
    Free Member

The only clowns are the ones voting for them.

nickc

Imagine being so shit at your job that Liz Truss seems like a safer pair of hands…

binners

Mad Nad is now culture secretary 😳

kelvin

Don’t you mean culture war secretary?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Oh my ****

Klunk
    Free Member

can you imagine the joy followed by despair at the FO, dear **** god what a shambles.

Klunk
    Free Member

Northwind

She always looks like she thinks she’s presenting a kids’ tv program.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Nadine is a direct “shite sponge” replacement for Gav Williamson.

Her role is to absorb flack for the glorious leader.

Dumb as ****

Klunk
    Free Member

russian and chinese bot farms are not happy…..

Rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic, unfortunately for us he doesn’t have much of a talent pool to pick from.

is the highest rate daily fail comment.

crazy-legs

Mad Nad is now culture secretary

She got herself into a right twist over on Twitter earlier with the revelation that she allows staff and interns use of her password to log into her computer. Presumably having never heard of shared mailboxes.

Honestly, if I did that at my workplace it’d be a major breach of security but apparently data protection rules are for the little people, not MPs…

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19583263.nadine-dorries-controversies-worst-tweets-uks-new-culture-secretary/

kimbers

can you imagine the joy followed by despair at the FO, dear **** god what a shambles

Colleagues uni mate works at dfit, she says Truss was a car crash and genuinely as dim as you think

Fair play to her for falling upwards tho!

Dorries appointment makes total sense, perfect for the imaginary culture war, shows how that Johnson has no real policies & will be relying on brexit/nationalism for the next election

frankconway

To summarise, incompetent replaces incompetents with other incompetents.

dissonance

incompetent replaces incompetents with other incompetents.

Buckland seems to have been given the boot for being ideologically impure.

dudeofdoom

Don’t you mean culture war secretary?

Yep, more spitfires and Churchill statues.

I used to read those little war comics as a kid and loved the war films of the 70’s but oddly don’t seem to have the same fetish that these numpties share.(Probably due to reading that subversive 2000AD as well)

Find bandwagon and jump on.

dudeofdoom

But a shambles distracts from the Clown Captain…

Job done.

Dorries appointment makes total sense, perfect for the imaginary culture war, shows how that Johnson has no real policies & will be relying on brexit/nationalism for the next election

It works…

allanoleary
    Free Member

Yay, an outspoken hater of the BBC and the licence fee now in charge of the department overseeing the BBC and how it’s funded. What could go wrong?

kerley
    Free Member

I used to read those little war comics as a kid and loved the war films of the 70’s but oddly don’t seem to have the same fetish that these numpties share.(Probably due to reading that subversive 2000AD as well)

Same for me. 2000AD should have been studied at school.

nickc

So, Raab gets to be Deputy PM, a position last handed to some-one as a consolation prize for being Nick Clegg, essentially just because he was so bad his last job that he was replaced by Liz Truss…

genuinely baffling

kelvin

He already had that role, just not the title. It was Raab that stepped into Johnson’s shoes when he was ill. He looked so out of depth as it happens.

nickc

Yeah, but Johnson is directly rewarding failure…Even some-one as slow witted as him can see that that’s not anyway to “run a country” it’s stupid.

Imagine if I said to my head of reception. “Oh, you appear to shit at this job, I’ll move you sideways to head of nursing…” Madness.

BruceWee

I just want more of these so I’m happy enough.

hels
    Free Member

Johnson promotes idiots for a lot or reasons – they are ideological sound, loyal, popular with Tory voters, and because they are idiots and won’t threaten him. Raab is the ideal man for his second in command on those last grounds. Gove also no threat as he is personally odious even Tories hate him. He is no doubt regretting promoting Sunak, I suspect he underestimated his competence (lets not go into why) and we will see him phased out soon enough.

binners

Yeah, Sunak was meant to be an obedient drone, put there to rubber stamp anything Boris said. He’s since got ideas above his station, so he’ll be gone as soon as Boris can reasonably get away with it.

But right now he’s the only cabinet member (including the PM) who looks capable of finding his own arse using both hands, so he’s safe.

Its going to be interesting to see the reaction to foreign dignitaries when faced with pressing issues of international diplomacy to be greeted by the intellectual colossus that is Liz Truss

thepodge
    Free Member

Other than perhaps Raab, I imagine Boris is thinking instead of him being better, he could make people above him perform worse which in turn will push him up the list. It was touched on in the Brexit thread, instead of improving yourself you damage others to level the playing field.

https://www.conservativehome.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Cabinet-League-Table-Aug-21.png

binners

The net approval rating for Liz Truss is terrifying.

Talk about being easily pleased

willard

ConservativeHome though. I mean, I’m amazed that Rees-Mogg scored so low.

dissonance

The net approval rating for Liz Truss is terrifying.

It is odd. At most I thought it would be meh. Is she really active in tory social circles or with lots of local constituencies so they see more of her (although I am not sure that should help).

nickc

The low approval for Patel is also weird, I thought she was supposed to be popular?

BruceWee

The puzzling thing is why is Priti Patel’s rating so low. You can see she really wants to drown refugees with her own hands beneath the cliffs of Dover so you would think that’s the kind of thing the Tory voters would lap up.

binners

Nobody fills the Tory member with such conflict and confusion as Priti Patel

She’s utterly heartless, totally devoid of a single shred of humanity, compassion or empathy and would happily nuke refugees and benefits scroungers if they’d let her, but theres an obvious problem which they just can’t overcome….

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Liz Truss

Oh dear god.

She’s the person representing Britain as foreign secretary?

The woman is a walking container of stupid with leaks in. Wherever she goes it just falls out.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Colleagues uni mate works at dfit, she says Truss was a car crash and genuinely as dim as you think

No surprise there, after all anyone competent in a cabinet post would make Johnson look bad.

The puzzling thing is why is Priti Patel’s rating so low

Probably because there’s a large number of people who’ve worked with her and know her who actively despise her. Her historic work for big alcohol and big tobacco are as irksome to the puritanical wing of the Tory party as they are to the political left. Oh, then there’s this account of her early PR career.

nickc

Dorries appointment makes total sense, perfect for the imaginary culture war

Idiotic isn’t it? The BBC is by any standard a global success, folk watch our sport in the millions, buy the telly programmes we create and listen to the music we make, but the Tories put a clown in charge just “to own the Libs”

We’ve become America by the Sea

PJM1974
    Free Member

Nadine Dorries – the only person I can think of who has written more books than she’s actually read.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Nadine Dorries – the only person I can think of who has written more books than she’s actually read.

Now correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought being an author could be a full time job.

How on earth does she find the time to be the minister for victorian attitudes to sexual orientation?

PJM1974
    Free Member

There’s a difference between carefully crafting sentences and the literary equivalent of pebble-dashing a sheet of A4 after consuming a bag of peanuts and six cans of Guinness, which would also seem to be her approach to expressing an opinion on anything.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,761 through 4,800 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.