• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,561 through 4,600 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • BillMC

or just a firm friend?

tthew

Don’t you just hate it when your funny joke gets stuck to the end of a previous page, no one is likely to see it there. ☹

Anyhow, when out 4 steps to freedom were outlined at the end of lockdown 3, there was total commitment that the dates might be pushed back once the effect of each stage had been analysed. This was to ensure that the final stage was irreversible and there was no possible reversal back into any kind of restrictions.

Haven’t heard that repeated for the last few weeks? Unfortunately I’ve not heard anyone asking him about it at the press conferences either. How do you get to put your question to that?

eskay

Dawn Butler needs some kind of recognition for this amazing display:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterStefanov­i2/status/1418222940726779915

martinhutch

Snuck it in just before recess. Bit like egging the headmaster’s car on the last day of the summer term.

kelvin

kelvin

She’s right, isn’t she. The PM can lie every time he is at the dispatch box, and if the speaker and his team don’t call him to the chamber to correct his record… then MPs should stand up to say what needs saying. If the PM has made it clear that he will operate without observing the conventions of parliament, then how can MPs scrutinise and correct him without also breaking those conventions?

theotherjonv

I agree. I know what the rules of the house say, but if the rules are not fit for the purpose intended then the rules need changing.

It is abhorrent that the person telling the truth is the one that is censured while the liar is protected.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@tthew

Don’t you just hate it when your funny joke gets stuck to the end of a previous page, no one is likely to see it there. ☹

I went, I saw, I laughed. 👍🏼

MoreCashThanDash

I agree. I know what the rules of the house say, but if the rules are not fit for the purpose intended then the rules need changing.

It is abhorrent that the person telling the truth is the one that is censured while the liar is protected.

So much this – an MP, or the PM, should be called out properly for lying, and be made to publicly account and explain it when caught out.

Much as I hate those Change petitions, I’d like to see this debated in Parliament

AD

It’s all right – we’re having a corruption crackdown!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57923588

Oh wait – it’s not actually in this country… Bugger.

kelvin

S’alright… back at home we’re appointing a guy who was in an exclusive club with both Johnson and Cameron to have oversight over their dodgy dealings… I’m sure he’ll be thorough.

fadda

That Dawn Butler video is interesting. It’s the kind of thing that ought to be quite big news, but if the papers make a fuss, then they draw attention to de pfeffel’s behaviour, so it’s more likely to go largely unreported, no…?

kelvin

Of course it’ll hardly be reported because…

“Boris Johnson is a liar” is not news.

It wouldn’t damage his reputation one bit anyway. He was elected after trying to sideline parliament and make the government above rather than answerable to parliament. His supporters won’t care if he lies at the dispatch box one bit.

fadda

Yeah, I fear you’re right again, kelvin… 🙄

pipm1
    Free Member

It would be more news-worthy/attention-acheiving if more opposition MPs did it, say if each of them gave one of Johnson’s lies & called him a liar & then got expelled, would there be anyone left that day. If all that happens is they get expelled for the rest of the day then they should be doing at every opportunity they get multiple times.

A bit of fun for a bit, but that’s the game Johnson plays.

mrsheen
    Free Member

I can’t remember the exact explanation but I heard that the PM gets away with lying due to the phrasing of his replies whereby the answers he gives, whilst lying in the ordinary real world, don’t necessarily count as lies in the house. He answers the question but obviously in non-committal and obtuse ways. Answering the question’s words but not the actual question.

kelvin

He does that as well. But also tells simple and direct lies.

bikesandboots

As has been said, Johnson’s supporters don’t care about his lies. Many will also care even less about him being called out on it by a black woman, in fact I expect more than a few will be pleased that he’s winding up such a person leading to her getting expelled (btw I’m not suggesting she was actually would up and did this from lack of self control).

Say what if Starmer got himself expelled for doing it… I can somehow see such a thing damaging him more than Johnson.

I’m a bit concerned that the much of the general flak is directed at Johnson himself, rather than his cabinet and the government (as in all Tory MPs) which are allowing this to continue. He serves a useful purpose for the party in this sense, and can be replaced when necessary.

binners

Truly beyond parody…

theotherjonv

May be an image of text

fadda

So, does anyone know if de Pfeffel has responded to what was said in parliament yesterday?

Has anyone tackled him on it? Or is he hiding in a fridge again…?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Do we reckon he is properly self-testing and/or getting PCR tests this week unless he feels really unwell?

Do we think he would tell the nation if he was infected now, after being so ill early on the pandemic, even if this time it was mild?

Very much doubt the latter, at least.

binners

We’ll he’s off on his hollybobs now, so I doubt we’ll here from him until September

As the Commons enters recess, the PM has simply kicked huge issues – the ‘pingdemic’, ‘levelling up’ – down the road

dyna-ti

It just goes on and on…
    https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

dannyh
    Free Member

The twunts that like Johnson like that he’s a liar. They fancy themselves a bit like him. Bit of cash in hand, bit of a shag on the side etc. What a lad, never did anyone any harm etc.

**** morons.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s worst than that though, it’s we know he’s lying and we don’t care, not one iota, we don’t give a shit, we’re ok an our house value is through the roof and we’re doing ok and we don’t care about anyone else.

dannyh
    Free Member

it’s worst than that though, it’s we know he’s lying and we don’t care, not one iota, we don’t give a shit, we’re ok an our house value is through the roof and we’re doing ok and we don’t care about anyone else.

And thus ‘we’ are a nation of tiny tories with two tiny t’s.

Selfish, parochial little tupenny ha’penny snobs. Perpetually afraid of swarthy foreign types who they have never seen in their village/suburb. Still hanging on to a vision of a country where the straightness of the stripes on your lawn confers ‘rank’ on the cul de sac.

Tosspots.

dannyh
    Free Member

A nation of Terry and Junes, Margot and Jerrys, with the occasional Tom and Barbara (who still wear a mask in the supermarket).

No wonder we are an international laughing stock.

dannyh
    Free Member

Or is he hiding in a fridge again…?

Fridge time.

Has anyone started a petition yet to debate whether or not Handjob’s personal emails should be scrutinised?

I’ll happily sign that one.

They’re shitting themselves about what links any halfway decent investigative journalist could make, given that shifty little turd’s lack of gumption.

frankconway

Danny, you’re on your holibobs so…turn phone off and enjoy yourself.
    johnson and his polyps will still be here after your 6hr return journey.

dannyh
    Free Member

holibobs

Close, but no cigar.

Unfortunately your use of that term has irked me.

frankconway

Un or de-irk yourself.
    You are en vacancies avec la famille.
    I could have used vacation but that is loathemsomelly (new word?) american.
    As for cigars…left or right hand roll? Virgin thigh or not?

dannyh
    Free Member

As for cigars…left or right hand roll? Virgin thigh or not?

Left hand, because I like to live dangerously.

The thigh should belong to the sassiest, cheroot-smoking, tequila-slamming bar girl in town.

AD

Jon Craig (Sky News) has penned a nice piece about Boris. A handy summary of the last two years…
    https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnsons-two-years-as-pm-a-casual-relationship-with-the-truth-and-a-disdain-for-the-rules-12362437

MoreCashThanDash

That Jon Craig piece is excellent.

BillMC

To mix the metaphors, there’s a few boots going in (New European etc). You do wonder if he’s being set up to carry the can if certain matters hit the fan. Their lead is narrowing even with silence from the loyal opposition. Prehensile Handcock’s email account is safe for the moment but what else or who might come out?

dudeofdoom

I reckon he’s on on slippery Ground if freedom day goes Pete Tong,opening the barn doors on experiment U.K. and f’orf on holiday doesn’t seem to be the smart move.

it’s odd times thou, and seems unfair that Gove gets special media treatment.

Anyway what was the eventually outcome of BJ sneaking off to isolated from chequers ,was that within the guidelines.(my mate thought about isolating at his caravan but thought that wouldn’t really be cricket.)

MoreCashThanDash

I see the Public Accounts Committee report has come out after the summer recession started. Expect a lot more stuff to come and be mussed/forgotten

alpin
    Free Member

Johnson is a ****.

dannyh
    Free Member

Johnson is a ****.

Yep. And the pillocks love him.

Crazy isn’t it?

Viewing 40 posts - 4,561 through 4,600 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.