• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,241 through 4,280 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • dannyh
    Free Member

But the nurse who was part of Johnson’s care is now of no use to him, so she can be decried as a pinko, or a traitor, or not Believing in Britain or somesuch.

One thing no one should be surprised about is how quickly people (particularly women) fall out of favour with the Fly-Tipped Sofa when they are no longer of use to him.

To echo my post above…

What an arsehole.

thepodge
    Free Member

She’ll be seen as a prime private health nurse, all the experience with none of the training costs.

I do sometimes wonder where all these private health care places expect they’ll get their fully trained staff from on once the NHS is gone.

Have they not read the story of the golden goose?

dantsw13

The US health companies will become like Blackwater & import whatever cheap labour they need without govt oversight.

Kryton57

The new is disparaging this morning:

Pandemic – mishandled
    Holidays – mishandled
    gov green vehicle initiative – no plan / mishandled
    Indian Variant – mishandled
    Lockdown opening – mishandled
    Co2 reductions – mishandled
    Education plan – mishandled

He’s making it up as he goes along, hoping someone plugs the gaps of a leaking dam for him as he sails past. What a shower of shit.

PrinceJohn

He’s making it up as he goes along, hoping someone plugs the gaps of a leaking dam for him as he sails past. What a shower of shit.

That’s what he’s done his entire life.

The pandemic has also hidden a lot of the Brexit issues. Such as the extra hassle of getting visa’s when visiting Europe etc…

kerley
    Free Member

The pandemic has also hidden a lot of the Brexit issues

It sure has, and there are loads issues. They just get a few seconds now and again amongst the latest pandemic nonsense from the government on how having a great vaccination program is all that matters and every other issue in the country is irrelevant.

Richie_B

Isn’t the definition of madness ‘Keeping on doing the same thing (Waiting two weeks to make a decision for instance) but expecting there to be different results’?

You can only hope that he has a moment of self incite and dramatically increases the funding of NHS mental health services.

Kryton57

Waiting two weeks

Well guess what, we are waiting two weeks to see if the Indian variant is an issue. Now, I know the scientists need time to view the data, but we surely have enough of a history already to know we should not have opened the country on Monday BEFORE this analysis should have been done?

Another indecisive bumble.

dannyh
    Free Member

Johnson has no plan. He basically rolls out of bed each morning and his ‘to-do’ list consists of one large item:

Get to tomorrow without too many people twigging on to me.

Every sub-action is done to achieve that basic goal.

Day 2 = repeat of day 1.

He’s a freewheeling jazz hat who has been blagging all his life. It has got him to Prime Minister. Why would he change?

People thought that Trump could be ‘tamed’. But here was a man who had bullied, cheated and lied his way through life and only ever been rewarded for it. Why would he change?

cookeaa

So, ‘Great British Railways’…

British Rail but Greater…

Thoughts?

crazy-legs

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/19/boris-johnson-triumph-covid-cummings-election

The Guardian seems kind of hopeful that he’s in for a rough couple of weeks as the shine comes off the vaccine programme, the surge of the Indian Variant and the Select Committee hearing with Cummings next week… I wonder how much of it he’ll just bluster through. Can’t see much of the shit sticking to him sadly.

dannyh
    Free Member

Can’t see much of the shit sticking to him sadly.

If it gets really bad he can just deploy the ‘Labour – soft on shirkers, soft on immigration, political correctness gone mad’ line and the prats will fall for it.

kelvin

GBR? Just a name for what is already happening. It’s obvious why the Conservatives having to undo so many of the mistakes of Major’s privatisation wouldn’t want to stick with the BR name. Anyway, this made me chuckle…

kimbers

He’ll sleaze his way through it, Labour are a mess so there’s little to contrast him with.

America got rid of trump and he’s now facing multiple criminal court, sadly we will let Johnson get away with all the incompetence and corruption unpunished

mrdobermann
    Free Member

BBC cones to mind.

binners

So, ‘Great British Railways’…

British Rail but Greater…

Thoughts?

Seems like they’ve just rebranded Network Rail and intend to facilitate the same profiteering by private companies.

Doesn’t it also come with a massive reduction in funding? Oh, sorry… I meant ‘increases in efficiency’?

kelvin

Obviously, easy to claim that GBR is just reflecting the tradition of naming conventions on the railways… there have been lots of “Great” names going back as far as you like …but we all know really it’s about hiding the failure of a Conservative led transformation of the service behind a feeling of… well…

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Wonder how that will work with Scottish Government plans to nationalise ScotRail? Supposedly UK gov didn’t consult Scot Gov

kelvin

Well, today’s document states a commitment to devolution as regards “current powers and to be democratically accountable”… but also “includes supporting a single national network”… so who knows, it could mean anything you want really.

FB-ATB

Does that mean NI are excluded as they are not part of Great Britain?

ElShalimo

Aren’t the trains in NI run by the NI Assembly anyway? i.e. they were never privatised due to 80s/90s politics

theotherjonv

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/21/government-bbc-diana-report-martin-bashir-panorama-interview-inquiry

Boris tells BBC to get house in order and not let it happen again.

The temptation to cross out their name, write ‘Boris’ back in in crayon and then send it back must be high.

AD

+1 the otherjonv

Brilliant isn’t it?
    Deceitful ex-journo bastard who has been sacked from two jobs for lying gets to complain about deceitful behaviour and try to claim some kind of moral high ground.

I think not Boris.

kerley
    Free Member

Plus it was actually quite a long time ago!

matt_outandabout

Oh look, an otter….

twistedpencil

Aye, we should also by rights therefore blame Boris for the Poll Tax, it’s only fair…

MoreCashThanDash

Boris tells BBC to get house in order and not let it happen again.

Shame its too far off for Starmer to ask some pointed questions about the rank hypocrisy at the next PMQs

dannyh
    Free Member

It also gives the Tory shitbags some leverage over the Beeb and the public’s opinion of the Beeb.

Trumpian media play.

twistedpencil
    binners

Did you see what he was wearing today? He’s obviously got jacket envy of Priti Vacant. Stood in front of a fighter jet too?

I’ll give it a few months until he goes full Gadaffi with medals and gold braid

dannyh
    Free Member

The plane would never get off the runway with that fat bastard on board. Assuming he’d managed to squeeze into the cockpit.

Nah, directing operations from a nice safe chateau is much more his style.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ll give it a few months until he goes full Gadaffi with medals and gold braid

Maybe not publicly, but I bet he’s already got the outfit in his dressing up box.

Klunk
    Free Member

dudeofdoom

Did you see what he was wearing today? He’s obviously got jacket envy of Priti Vacant. Stood in front of a fighter jet too?

Last time a countries government got an interest in snazzy uniforms it didn’t go well.

ElShalimo

But they were just following orders

This lot are willfully do it

kelvin

So Brownlow did pay for the £200k refurbishment… but Johnson says that he didn’t know who had paid for it… so that’s okay.

binners

Move along now. Nothing to see here

eskay

Not sure which thread this should go in, all of the usual suspects appear.

Yet more shocking (although it no longer is) revelations of how this government fleeced the public and lined their mate’s pockets.

https://goodlawproject.org/patel-mirza-and-the-middlemen

dyna-ti

Corruption in the 21st century.
    Our politicians are now only politicians to sell to other richer countries, as middle men, asking a large fee for their services, and ‘complaints committees’ are made up in house who will never find fault as they benefit from the money too.

And theres no hope of it ever changing. No judge will rule anything they do is corruption, hell, no complaints can ever be brought.

Britain, the latest edition to the banana republics list.

reluctantjumper

Boris isn’t going anywhere for a while looking at this poll done in the Daily Mail* (took a photo of it as I don’t want to put a link to their hateful website!)

The percentage who think Boris isn’t focussed on Covid, the vaccine success outweighs Covid errors and that he did say most of the gaffes he’s been accused of is quite frankly scary. That he holds a commanding lead in the polls is just downright depressing.

* at my parent’s who buy it so had a look to see how the Cummings story is being portrayed.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,241 through 4,280 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.