Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Boris isn't perfect shocker
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Not a fan of Boris Johnson at all and it is stuff like these allegations which means he will never become PM. He is entertaining though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21916385

Junkyard
    Free Member

well he may be a character but that character is deeply flawed [ he cannot keep it in his pants nor a though in his head or avoid claims of well that report basically [ and racism as well] ]

Its politics with a celebrity vote off tbh

Pigface
    Free Member

I am amazed by mates of mine who think he is the future, the bloke is a buffoon but a clever nasty buffoon.

rossi46
    Free Member

clever nasty buffoon.

Definately the next PM then 😆

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Polititian is a lying shit….. What a shock…..

brooess
    Free Member

I wonder if Dave set that interview up?

BJ does not come out of that well. Evasive and not able to think on his feet and positively give his version – which doesn’t bode well if he were PM…

IME people who do bad things and are that evasive when challenged tend to find their careers come to a shuddering halt sooner or later.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He is entertaining though.

Well entertainment is a very personal thing. Much is made of Johnson’s alleged comedy talent and yet I doubt whether many people can remember one single joke or a hilarious repertoire preformed by him.

In contrast, compare William Hague’s comedic genius in this unforgettable, and imo truly hilarious piece, preformed when Gordon Brown was still PM :

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Cj1b-rp1E[/video]

Polititian is a lying shit….. What a shock…..

I think the issue with Johnson is that he is an exceptional liar, by any standard. He was sacked by the Murdoch owned Times newspaper for lying, and also sacked for lying from the Tory front bench by the then Tory Party leader. All of which is quite an achievement for a Tory politician.

And he has recently managed to tell lies about cyclists, claiming that 62% of deaths and injuries are due to ‘cyclists breaking rules of the road’ when the figure is actually 6%.

Of course he has refused to apologise when this false claim has been exposed as a lie, despite the enormous damage it’s likely to make to people’s perception of cyclists.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNHV2wsO-0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

“Nasty piece of work” is probably a very fair description imo.

rattrap
    Free Member

He was sacked by the Murdoch owned Times newspaper for lying, and also sacked for lying from the Tory front bench by the then Tory Party leader. All of which is quite an achievement for a Tory politician.

All of which are old news, along with the guppy phone call (where its accepted that no address was ever given, and no attack took place, so it amounts to him humouring an old mate who was having a rant on the phone)

they were all done over years ago, and despite all this being established public knowledge, much to your chagrin Ernie, he still took the public vote in the London elections, twice!

I think its also quite interesting to remember his opponent in both those elections was your mate Ken, who as we all know was a paragon of virtue in his personal, financial, and professional life… ahem!

IanMunro
    Free Member

That’s an interesting 2nd video Ernie. Is there any back story as to why he wouldn’t apologise as it seems an odd thing not to just say ‘sorry, I was mistaken on the figure’?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And of course Z-11 comes along and tries to deflect the thread by attempting to bring Ken Livingstone into the issue ! 🙂

All of which are old news

Johnson is still an unrepentant liar. I gave his recent lies concerning cyclists as an example.

Pigface
    Free Member

I thought him being stuck on a zip wire and looking like a fat Pinata was entertaining 😆

scaredypants

All of which are old news, along with the guppy phone call (where its accepted that no address was ever given, and no attack took place, so it amounts to him humouring an old mate who was having a rant on the phone)

pity he didn’t say that instead of blustering uselessly

I quite like Boris’s buffoonery but I wouldn’t trust him or pretty much any politician and almost definitely not one who’s risen to high office

rattrap
    Free Member

Johnson is still an unrepentant liar. I gave his recent lies concerning cyclists as an example.

Ernie_Lynch is an unrepentant liar. I give his voting for Ken after saying to his face that he wouldn’t as an example. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

well the epiphany with the new log on lasted for longer than I expected – why do this what do you get from it?
    Why not defend Boris or say what you think about his behaviour rather than this tiresome trolling re Ken and to ernie?
    YAWN

rattrap
    Free Member

Why not defend Boris or say what you think about his behaviour

I thought I did – that they were old allegations that the pubic have already judged on. Wonder why they’re getting dragged up again now? I can’t see that this documentary has anything new or revolutionary versus the C4 dispatches one in 2009

Regards his behaviour – well, aren’t all geniuses flawed in some way? I know I am!

Never bullshitted or made a mistake an error of judgement yourself Junky?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes I once thought you had turned over a new leaf 😳

Pauly

https://soundcloud.com/#bloggerheads/boris-johnson-and-darius

Audio of the phone call with Darius Guppy where he conspires to injure a journalist.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Tbh I’m not convinced he’s any worse than the rest of them but probably less evasive on the uncomfortable personal challenges than most would be. He bridges the gap between “the people” and politicians better than most tho. Masterful interviewing yes but clearly underhand too.

rattrap
    Free Member

Seriously – why now?

I mean, all they can do is drag up decades old allegations that were already public knowledge?

Have they really not managed to find him doing anything wrong in office as the Mayor of London? has he really done such a good job that the worst that investigative journalists with the full resources of the BBC at their call can do is drag up a 22 year old phone call?

I’d say thats a pretty good vindication of the bloke to be honest!

aP
    Free Member

I know someone who taught him (at that school), and in his opinion Bozzer was the cleverest boy he had ever taught. I think that Bozzer has very carefully created a public persona which allows him to get on with the things that are really important to him, whilst being portrayed in the media as a loveable buffoon.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s boring to call his integrity into question these days. Anyone with half an arse knows he’s got shag-all.

Anyone read about his marvellous scheme to glue pollution to the roads? Failure costing a million and a bit.

He publicly converted from climate change scepticism and helped his election hopes with promises to tackle london’s pollution problems. He now appears to have gone back to climate scepticism, talking about childhood memories and has convinced himself we’re headed back to an ice age. So, it seems that increasing air capacity and road building is ok. A failure on both policy and integrity.

We could list these all day.

His greatest success? His failure to deliver on his pledge to agree a no-strike deal with the transport unions. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

what Bob Crowe would not agree with Boris ..this seems unlikely given the natural charm, charisma and shared outlook of those two.

Ernie that s a good link of Hague very and Milliband [ the good one] took it well

stavromuller
    Free Member

TBH have any of you seen Boris on “Have I got news for you”. the dolt can’t handle light hearted banter from the panelists, so what is to be expected when he gets tackled by someone wanting to go for the jugular?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Boris isn't perfect shocker’ is closed to new replies.