Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Bored of anti English Scots.
  • pingu66
    Free Member

Scottish history is different to English history so kids in schools probably get taught a different line. Mine was more about battling the French etc, very little about Scotland. And fair play that’s what they should learn its their nation, their history. Also remember we have a very chequered relationship even in recent history with the Scots.

As regards cheering France on! 😯 Never.

I used to spend a lot of time in Scotland and absolutely loved it. However there were a few incidents due to my Englishness. As I was dating a Scottish girl she was approached one night while with me by a group of lads who asked if I was English. I believe if she had replied in the affirmative I was due a kicking, however she said I was a Scouser which seemed acceptable to my new Scottish friends.

As regards Scotland fans beating up a blue badge holder as stated early on in the thread, you will unfortunately get pr1cks everywhere.

Personally I love the place and the people and I hope they keep doing what they are doing, being passionate about their heritage and taking the piss.

bryan-g-

I think everyone is a bit to touchy these days, I like a bit of crack with our neighbours over the border but can’t see it ever getting out of hand. Where I live on an island of the west coast of Scotland which has a very high number of white settlers and if it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be so busy at work. In fact I am just going for a pint with one of my English mates where I will probably bump into one of my Irish mates. I’m sure there is a joke there.

epicyclo

grantway – Member

…But regarding the Scots just what have the ever won in world sporting

Och, one of our blokes took out the world record for the most miles cycled in an hour, but he didn’t use the special cycling vitamins, so I suppose that doesn’t count. Then there’s that lad Hoy, he’s pretty handy on a proper bike.

Football doesn’t count, it’s not a man’s game. Rugby is for manly boys. Up here proper men play shinty.

br
    Free Member

See a UK passport or hear English being spoken and people are polite at best, but the minute they find out you’re Scottish they can’t do enough for you. I imagine the same would be true of Irish or welsh.

I use to work with a couple of Irish guys (Eire passports) and always made sure I was in front of them at the airport…, especially in less popular places and/or after an IRA incident.

airtragic
    Free Member

.As for being touchy; call somebody some of the terms used on here to describe Scots/Irish/Welsh in any public sector job and see what happens.

Armed Forces?

piemonster

Och, one of our blokes

Robert Millar and Colin McRae, also quite handy.

yossarian
    Free Member

Not at flying

piemonster
    piemonster

Not at flying

😯

grantway
    Free Member

Och, one of our blokes took out the world record for the most miles cycled in an hour, but he didn’t use the special cycling vitamins, so I suppose that doesn’t count. Then there’s that lad Hoy, he’s pretty handy on a proper bike.

Football doesn’t count, it’s not a man’s game. Rugby is for manly boys. Up here proper men play shinty.

One yawns, sounds like selective hearing and by the way Hoy done it for the UK with UK Olympic funding I believe

CountZero

What a pity Teej isn’t still on here, for an unbiased view… 😆

bencooper
    Free Member

One yawns, sounds like selective hearing and by the way Hoy done it for the UK with UK Olympic funding I believe

Yes, Scottish athletes are always British when they’re winning 😉

duckman

yossarian – Member
    Not at flying

POSTED 12 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Idiot.

konabunny
    Free Member

Aye,because casual racism is funny.As for being touchy; call somebody some of the terms used on here to describe Scots/Irish/Welsh in any public sector job and see what happens.

I’m not sure if you’ve really thought your point through: you started off by suggesting that the arrogant colonial masters posting here precipitated the ABE thing by being quite so horrid to the touchy Scots. You didn’t think it through that maybe some of the people teasing the touchy were Scots themselves. Maybe YOU’RE the racist for assuming that anyone that teases bad-tempered parochials with a Scots persecution complex is English.

Not so sure what’s so special about public sector jobs either – I mean, you’re barely at work with your 56 weeks off a year so there’s no much opportunity for ethnic bigotry, and even if it did happen you’re all shop stewards who can’t be fired without an act of parliament.

duckman

konabunny – Member

“Colonial masters” was not a term I actually used; that was a quote from somebody elses post.Let me get this straight, you are suggesting that casual racism, as mentioned by others as well as me,is teasing?

Maybe YOU’RE the racist for assuming that anyone that teases bad-tempered parochials with a Scots persecution complex is English

Nope,I think I will go out on a limb and suggest the vast majority of people who use the terms above are English,of course rather a worry that you are suggesting that anybody making disparaging remarks based on very old stereotypes of somebody’s country of birth is “teasing.”

Not so sure what’s so special about public sector jobs either – I mean, you’re barely at work with your 56 weeks off a year so there’s no much opportunity for ethnic bigotry, and even if it did happen you’re all shop stewards who can’t be fired without an act of parliament.

Is that the best you can do? Even in that attempt to make disparaging remarks about something you obviously know so little about, (you do seem to love a stereotype don’t you?) you can’t seem to make your mind up, either it is teasing or bigotry? You can’t seem to decide yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Bored of anti English Scots.’ is closed to new replies.