Bored in the office on a hot day – Celebrity Thread

Home Forum Bike Forum Bored in the office on a hot day – Celebrity Thread

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Bored in the office on a hot day – Celebrity Thread
  • Papa_Lazarou

I spotted Alexei Sayle a few rows away in the theatre once and said “****, it’s Alexei Sayle” out loud, instead of thinking it. He gave me death stares for a good few minutes afterwards. I don’t know him personally though.

I went to a spinning class with Jens Voigt a few weeks back and then out for a few beers and ended up dancing round a maypole and talking about little fish.

Premier Icon v8ninety
    Subscriber

I met Bill Bailey in heathrow baggage claim once, and bizarrely, Phil Jupitus in a pub in Aberystwyth. I have never met any other people of the telly box, and the two I have met were off the same show.

Oh and I once saw shadow off of the gladiators in a traffic jam on the M6. He was driving a vauxhall frontera.

IHN

I saw Bradley Wiggo and Mrs Wiggo in Wagamamas in Manchester the week after he came fourth in Le Tour. Congratulated him and shook his hand, he seemed nice enough.

My friend’s son once wiped snot on Vic Reeves jacket.

Saw Kevin Grand Designs “it’s just vaaaaast”, “the question is, will they pull it off?” McCloud in the Arriba cafe in Portree the other week. He and his Mrs were having a little tiff.

I could go on.

I went to uni with that Darius Danesh guy, he dropped out to do pop idol I think it was. He was a massive nob, so nobody really missed him.

Papa_Lazarou

Wiggo – my daughter had her photo taken with him, seems like a decent chap. Also, wife of the guy I sit next to at work is mates with his wife, this has (unsurprisingly) not resulted in me going on any rides with him.

atlaz

Oh, and Tim Rice stuck two fingers up at me on the M4 sliproad near Heathrow as he cut me up.

rusty90

this has (unsurprisingly) not resulted in me going on any rides with him.

Shame. I hear he’s having a cycling holiday in France this summer, why not ask if you can go with him ?

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Thinking about it I was in the same year at school (at the same school) as an Olympic gold medal winning track cyclist. And a double murderer. Go figure.

Mantastic

My mate fingered Claire Baldwin when she was in pre lezzo mode years ago, does that count?

TuckerUK

I know a few famous people that wouldn’t be recognised (although people would know who they were) , but I’m very proud to say I don’t know any ‘celebrities’, and I plan to keep it that way.

sambob

Don’t know anyone famous, but shared the Salcombe-East Portlemouth Ferry with Micheal Parkinson. Saw Martin Johnson on the beach down there too, he’s massive, even bigger than he looks on telly.

Premier Icon househusband
    Subscriber

I once stood at a urinal next to Matthew Kelly.

Andyhilton

I’m mates with someone on the GB Cycling Squad. Not famous on a big scale though.

tails

I’m mates with a guy in the white lies. My mums friends with an oscar and bafta winner. I was 2 years above john ruddy the goalkeeper.

But my only real A list moment was crashing a punt into a punt with Stephen Hawking in it!

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

Oh, too many to mention:

I was in a lift in a hotel once and the doors opened and Christopher Biggins got in.

I used to get a lift to school with George Cole’s son. Usually his mum took us (she’s also an actress, mainly theatre and radio drama but occasional TV stuff), but once or twice George himself would do the lifts. He had a jag as well.

My wife is friends with one of Mika’s backing singers, who also stood in for Senser’s shouty frontwoman when the original shouty frontwoman was pregnant. And through that connection, a passing aquaintance with Skunk Anansie’s drummer (he was in Feeder to), who is her other half.

Just remembered – I met Lisa Faulkner at the Good Food Show last week, and also a few other people who’ve been on Masterchef.

My mate stood next to David Seaman in the loos at Harrods a few years back. ‘Pound for a piss! That’s a bit steep’ was the limit of that conversation.

Need I go on – I’m practically nailed on to be in the next series of Big Brother, I’m that famous.

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

interviewed…..

kris akabusi – top bloke
    john craven – gets very close when talking to you; told me I should be on countryfile
    Kate humble – never shuts up
    Dr fox – n0b
    sue mcgregor –
    one of the sciencey presenters but I forget who
    the youngish posh explorer bloke – forgotten his name too
    the white and yellow snake britney used in a video once

and I once saw a shambolic looking peter fall walking down the road in Miami.

oh, and I know hora.

I served Arnold Schwarzenegger and his family ice cream in Covent Garden back in the early 90’s.

AND when he couldn’t carry them all he actually said “I’ll be back” then laughed his head off.

Still one of the coolest days of my life.

atlaz

I served Arnold Schwarzenegger and his family ice cream in Covent Garden back in the early 90’s.

AND when he couldn’t carry them all he actually said “I’ll be back” then laughed his head off.

Still one of the coolest days of my life.

Basically that’s a story you’ll keep telling even when everyone else is pissed off with you telling it because it’s so good.

samuri

I once stood at a urinal next to Matthew Kelly.

And I have stood at a urinal next to Bob off Emmerdale. He followed normal etiquette patterns and did not engage me in conversation until after we had finished weeing.

I’ve also shook hands with Honor Blackman.

Big hands.

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

Julie Goodyear – (Bet Lynch from Corrie) was friends with my Mum and Dad when I was growing up. She used to pull pints in our pub at Christmas and if she saw me walking home From school with my mates she’d pull up in her MG and give me a lift home. Very funny because she was one of the most recognise able faces in the country back then and would usually wear her trademark fur coat and Mahoosive earrings!

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

Oh and me and my mate met George Best outside the bogs at Old Trafford cricket ground. My mate shook his hand and made some daft remark about not washing it and Best said “I would if I were you I’ve just pissed all over mine”

I bumped into Kate Moss in a nightclub in Soho once.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Bored in the office on a hot day – Celebrity Thread’ is closed to new replies.