Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Border Terrier Question
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

😳 😳 😳

Hadn’t noticed that!!

justatheory
    Free Member

Lovely little dogs, I didn’t realise they were so popular.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Once again thanks all for your posts, It all helps I like the idea of a small dog with a big attitude to life. We have a huge garden to train the little fella and the wood are just up the road.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Captain definatly get one

I can’t add anything to the following from above

2hottie – Member
    Mine has been great, has a fantastic nature and loves to play and relax in the same breath. He’ll go all day if you like. As for kids we don’t have any but when meeting other peoples he’s amazingly gentle and is just the same with other pups. He has the heart of a Lion and will take on the biggest of MALE dogs but it’s more an issue of little man syndrome.

May be a girl will be calmer with bigger dogs, has anyone mentioned the hair loss though, luckerly Archie has never needed hand striping but some do, he just sheads. If you’ve got wooden floors they are perfect dogs 😉

And they make a great ride buddy

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hey John, that first photo…Molly does this weird thing of touching the back of my left calf with the ball when she’s got it – not to give it back to me or anything, but to let me know she has it or something…to be honest I haven’t really got a clue what she’s doing. Everybody thinks it hilarious when they see her doing it. 🙂

Archie do something similar?

marsdenman
    Free Member

I like the idea of a small dog with a big attitude to life

Then you’ll not go far wrong – Ted, our border, is a top little chap.
    A quick read up on the breed will tell you they were brought in to being to join the hunt – able to run with the horses for the day, digging out foxes that had gone to ground – hence their stamina, strength and (if pushed) their ability to punch well beyond their weight – nowt to do with small dog syndrome at all
    Ted does need stripping (loose hair pulled out, find someone who does know what they’re doing), don’t have them clipped, ruins their coat.
    They are kind of catlike though – your best mate when they want something / want to cuddle up. Not your mate at all when they get a scent they just have to follow. Ted is rarely off the lead yet – though i’d say that is 99% down to us, not him, he needs more focused training in that area 🙂

nunuboogie
    Free Member

I so want one a BT but the other half won’t let me as we are both at work all day 🙁

JohnClimber
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Hey John, that first photo…Molly does this weird thing of touching the back of my left calf with the ball when she’s got it – not to give it back to me or anything, but to let me know she has it or something…to be honest I haven’t really got a clue what she’s doing. Everybody thinks it hilarious when they see her doing it.

Archie do something similar?

He sure does and he doesn’t understand the word “drop”, he holds on to it for dear life. To get it off him I’ve got to use at least two other tennis balls as he can hold onto 2 of them as the same time.

nunuboogie – Member
    I so want one a BT but the other half won’t let me as we are both at work all day

Archie is never alone for more than 5 hours a day 5 day’s a week, any more isn’t fair as they need at least two x hour long walks a day and ano hour pay time in the evening.

sambob
    Free Member

As much as I like Borders, I’ll chuck in a curveball by recommending a Springer. Ours is amazing, so soft, but absolutely bananas, albeit in a good way. He’s asleep in front of the fire at the moment, not a care in the world.

Drac
    nickhart
    Free Member

ours is great, fast as a fast thing.
    the small one is ours

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Border Terrier Question’ is closed to new replies.