Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • booze thread anyone..?
  • yunki
    Free Member

I’m finding this quite amenable this evening..

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Stellas here,anyone tried the new cider yet 🙄

hh45
    Free Member

I’m not surprised at 7.2%. you’ll not be able to taste much after a few of those.

I had four pints of Doom Bar at lunch admiring the scenery in Mayfair and can’t take any more now as riding tomorrow. It was a slow afternoon after we finally got back to the office.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Stella here too. It’s washing down my Asda vindaloo 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

colnagokid

Few 1664 here then a half decent bottle of red for later

donsimon
    Free Member

Alcohol is sooooooooooooo lst year….

john_drummer
    Free Member

glass of red now

bottle of Thwaites’ new IPA (Indus Pale Ale) and a pint or two of this to follow:

it’s really quite tasty and at about 40p a pint, is very dear to my yorkshire heart 😉

binners

Carlsberg Export here. Bottle of Shiraz is winking at me seductively though. Would it be frightfully bad form to order some crack to go with it? Hmmmmmmmmmm 😀

Dangerboy
    Free Member

first ever bottle of hoegaarden rosee here. Not half bad…

stavromuller
    Free Member

Morrison’s St Omer, it’s the same stuff from French supermarkets and at £7.29 for 18 you can’t go wrong (well actually you can if you drink too many)

Keva
    Free Member

not really, i’m drinking one of these..

Kev

yunki
    Free Member

Would it be frightfully bad form to order some crack to go with it?

I say.. why not smoke some of these on a spoon..?

why has this happened to my innocent booze thread.. 😐

beanieripper
    Free Member

laudunum is sooo last century

mazz
    Free Member

Vodka & tonic.

Mellow way to end the week

allthepies
    Free Member

5 pints of a homebrew pale ale here. Now practising rehydration therapy ahead of a busy weekend.

juiced
    Free Member

vodka and orange ‘juice’ here 🙂

santacruzsi
    Free Member

The Stella Cider is ok. had one the other night, just tasted bit like Magners etc, but i’m not a Cider expert! Tasted ok though!

edhornby

inexpensive red from the coop that is surprisingly quaffable

cranberry
    Free Member

A Glass of red will soon follow.

maxray
    Free Member

Ah temazzis yunki.. tho they look like little 10s in your pic rather than the big fat green dogs 🙂 .. good times. It’s been mainly fursty ferret tonight mind.

alexpalacefan

Spent last night on Castle Rock’s Screech Owl. Got poorly head now, and working later.

Oops.

APF

peteimpreza

http://www.henneys.co.uk/henneys-vintage-cider.html

Had a couple of these last night. The best cider I have had in a long time.

SD-253
    Free Member

Try Gwatkins (http://www.gwatkincider.co.uk/home.html)
    Unlike most cider producers the majority of there ciders are made from vintage variety apples. Gwatkins charge about £2.20 a bottle for a minimum of A 12 bottle case (mixed if you want) …….OR £47 DELIVERED FOR 20 LITRES, ABOUT £1.20 A PINT. BIG CHOICE AND 1 OF THERE PERRYS CAN BE BOUGHT BAG IN THE BOX TO.
    Definition of vintage variety apples; – apples (and pears for that matter) which have no other purpose than cider production. And a secondary definition for the purist is can be used on there own i.e. unblended.
    Example of vintage varieties Foxwhelp, Norman (very popular, taste great smells shite) Stoke Red, Yarlington Mill (Gwatkins won best in Briton for there’s) Slack my girdle although latter is normally used as a blender, and so on. SEE
    http://www.greenworldorganic.co.uk/categories.php?cat=Cider+apples
    http://www.ciderappletrees.co.uk/cidervarieties.php

Hope this helps those who want to drink proper stuff unlike the crap that Magners sell which actually brags about using up to 17 varieties of apples to make there cider or put another way any old shite. They also are the manufactures of Bulmer’s cider in the Irish Republic again the manufactures of total crap. Buy good and buy cheap!!!

SD-253
    Free Member

PS I always buy Gwatkins when my own cider runs out. Made 34 gallons last year but didn’t drink it all myself as I found I had a lot of new friends once it got out that it was drinkable!!

SD-253
    Free Member

Went for 50 miler yesterday across the Lincolnshire Wolds, pub in the middle had a dinner turned out to be far to big with 6 pints (mainly Bateman’s XXXB) the 24 miles home (missed a few turning on the way there) was interspersed with a quite a few stops for some very minor evacuation of the stomach due to heartburn. First time that’s happened putting it down to the big meal. Normally just do pub crawls without food will revert to that……….pity good scuff. Went to the click’em Swinhope 6 cask beers……..nice

flip
    Free Member

I haven’t had a drink in 3 days, i seem to have toothache 😥

Its making me cranky..

Keva
    Free Member

you rode 24miles after drinking six pints ? crikey. If I drank six pints I’d probably ride 24feet and then plant my bike into the nearest hedgerow.

Kev

threeek
    Free Member

Which my wife misheard as “Dragon’s Doubt” – which is a much better name.

uplink
    Free Member

Finchley’s [Bateman’s] IPA from Aldi for me tonight

GRAEMEJONES

Hmm, left to right, or right to left ?

emsz
    Free Member

Had some of the Stella Cider last night, was OK. expensive though.

nothing tonight.

john_drummer
    Free Member

a good selection there Graeme. I’d start on the left, by the time you get to the hobgoblin you might not notice that it’s in a can 😉

GRAEMEJONES

Great minds think alike ! The cans were just to see how much difference there is to a bottle. Give me an hour and I’ll report back. It’s a dirty job but somebody has to do it in the name of market research .

Danny79
    Free Member

Emptied 2 jars of spare change this evening and cashed it in at asda change machine brought a bottle of this with the proceeds

Great straight but prefect with just a dash of coke.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’m having some codeine, washed down with this:

GRAEMEJONES

It might just be my addled taste buds , but the canned Hobgoblin seems to be a bit more malty/chocolatey than the bottled. The head seems to be a bit tighter though . I did use a clean , dry glass for this comparison ( off to get another from the cooler )

Haze

Morgans spiced for me!

Keva
    Free Member

all this booze is steering a spliff in the making…

neilnevill
    Free Member

finished off a bottle of red (had 2/3rds mid week) then a glass of Glenlivet, no on the Jamesons….may finish with JD

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘booze thread anyone..?’ is closed to new replies.