Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Booze – how much ? too much ?
  • whitestone
    Free Member

We’ll share a bottle of wine on the weekend nights, nothing the rest of the week. I struggle with beer these days – two or three pints is my maximum, I just feel bloated after any more and sometimes with that. We’ll occasionally have a malt – we’ve two in the house ATM, bought them about six months ago and have 2/3rds of each left.

Got very drunk on Pernod when I was a teenager – it was over twenty years before I could even stomach the smell of it but haven’t drunk any since then. Have had the one night getting drunk on whisky – that was enough.

scotroutes

After abstaining from Jan 1 to March 1, I went out with mates and had 5 pints.  I felt shit all day the next day.

This weekend I had 2 pints indoors while watching the Rugby.  I felt shit the next day.

Right now any booze is too much for me to consider TBH.

Maybe it’s just beer? Wine/whisky/cider have much less of an after-effect on me than beer. Having said that, I was “allergic” to beer for a while. I did some research on it and it’snot that uncommon. I’d put it down to just not being able to handle alcohol but narrowed it down to just beer,

handybar
    Free Member

Last time I had a break from booze, I remember the feeling of the buzz of the alcohol after three pints and thinking this is a one hell of a powerful drug.
    Like any drug though you develop a tolerance to it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My problem is I seem to have a remarkably high tolerance for the stuff despite being a light drinker. I can quite happily get through 8 pints and umpteen hip flasks at SSUK and still be having a really good time (as opposed to becoming a liability). But then by Sunday morning I’m regretting being utterly unable to contemplate going for a ride which with hindsight I think would be just as enjoyable!

. or only drink to that level outside and let the fresh air take care of the hangover?

or you were still pissed…………..

22 units of alcohol takes 22+1 hours to process, assuming you started drinking sometime after dinner, say 9, that means you wouldn’t sober up until 8pm the next day (and that’s average, it could be hours either way).

The trouble is you wake up more sober than you went to bed, and your body has no frame of reference as to how drunk you are, so you feel fine (probably better than fine, you’re drunk! Pain tolerance is up, inhibitions are down etc). Which is why so many people crash or get pulled over for drink driving the morning after.

bedmaker

The most desperate tale on this thread is the one where iDave ate toast.
    A truly tragic scenario.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Booze – how much ? too much ?’ is closed to new replies.