Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • boot mount bike carrier for Nissan quashqia
  • burko73

My sis who doesn’t have a tow-bar or roof rack (she’s 5 ft tall) needs a way of transporting her 2 kids bikes on her quashqai (?)

She’s after a boot mounted bike rack and I guess it would help if it didn’t obscure the lights. Kids are 12 and 8 so not massive bikes.

Whats the go to boot mount rack these days? last one I bought was a £30 Paddy Hopkirk from Halfords in 1990.

garage-dweller

To get those on even close to legally (I.e. not obscuring lights and number plate) she’s going to need a high mount rack, which is unlikely to be any good if she’s 5foot tall (and I’ve not seen one for ages).

Do it properly and get a towbar and electrics and then rack of choice and lighting.

Most boot mount racks I see fitted are a hazard through either bad fitting or light obscuring.

andy5390

Be careful where it rests on the rear hatch. The metal around the badge can dent very easily ie. Just by pushing on it to close it

burko73

Can’t see her going for tow bar etc. Just for occasional use for kids bikes. Easy enough to get an additional number plate as long as the light s are visible should be ok.

5lab

Easiest to put the bikes upright inside, with one seat folded flat I’d imagine

winston
    Free Member

My Auris isn’t allowed to tow (don’t get me started) so I had just the electrics fitted for around 150 and use a Thule raceway which is rock solid. The rack uses strong steel cable not straps and is a doddle to fit.

tthew

Intrigued to know why an Auris isn’t allowed to tow?

Anhoww, yes OP,

long as the light s are visible should be ok.

Until a copper decides the lights aren’t visible enough or someone hits the back, which would change liability.

I’ve fitted trailer electrics to a couple of my cars in the past and used a trailerboard with a boot mount rack, as Winston suggests.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘boot mount bike carrier for Nissan quashqia’ is closed to new replies.