Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Boot liner – useful for MTBers?
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I know a lot of you have estate and hatchback style cars – I've been using a pretty basic boot liner which does the job but just found this and ordered the split seat version with bumper protector for the Bimmer. £108 delivered.

Reports are very good – ideal for dog owners and MTBers – I think!

http://www.hatchbag.co.uk

spacemonkey

I bought a custom-fit one for our Freelander about 18 months ago – waterproof/dog vomit proof/pretty much "unbreakable". Worked perfectly.

Didn't use it for the bike though, but it would have been fine if I had.

Can't find the link anymore – plus the receipt was passed on when I sold the car.

catnash
    Free Member

Got a hatchbag for my civic I cant fault it. The bumper flap is useful for avoiding bumper dog-claw scratches.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Custom fit one for me too, from Over the Top. It's ace!

tron
    Free Member

I had one in my old Pug estate – it was a rigid plastic OE pug one. Worked fine, did a good job of keeping the boot clean and dry (was transporting a lot of wet and mucky stuff for work at the time). My only question would be if they're a fag to fit – the common seat covers certainly are.

gusamc
    Free Member

blimey, my shower curtain was 4 quid from B+Q ….

simon_g

They do look great – pricey, but I guess if you keep a car for a few years or more it can be worthwhile.

I got the sales guy to throw in the heavy duty boot liner for my Civic (I carry wetsuits, scuba gear and the like too) which works well, then I have some tarp to cover up the folded-down seats for bikes. Mind you, I usually wash them off if they're muddy before they go in the car so it's just stopping things getting damp/oily rather than loads of mud.

spooky_b329

I got a hatchbag off ebay secondhand, great bit of kit and tougher than it looks, I was expecting it to rip with sliding bikes in and out. Didn't really have to clean the boot when I sold the car 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

I worked in HSS Hire Shops years ago and they used rigid plastic liners and we carried all sorts of equipment in the (managers') cars and they were well protected. We weren't fussy about throwing stuff in either. Go and ask them and see if they still use them.

Northwind

Look cool, I like that they do full length liners. Though I just lined mine with some high density foam stuff instead, cost me nothing and works very nicely.

DezB
    Free Member

One of the first things I ever bought on Ebay was a "boot liner" – basically a tarpaulin with some eyelets. Zip ties into the boot, folds up when the seats are up. In it's 3rd car now, must be 10 years old.
    Cost £5

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

If it was just wet kit, I'd just use a liner for the floor but it's more often than not also a wet labrador – current one has been good but doesn't fit very well. This should basically be "fit and forget."

In the back of my fairly smart BMW estate so keen to try and keep it clean as well as looking well fly maaaan 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Boot liner – useful for MTBers?’ is closed to new replies.