Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Boot liner for car?
  • captainscrumpy
    Free Member

Is it worth buying a boot liner for a new car?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Depends on whats going in the boot, if it’s a dog and loads of muddy mtb gear then yes. If it’s an umbrella and the occasional suitcase then no.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Yes but not from the dealers

matt_outandabout

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Put the factory rug in storage to keep clean if you ever sell and cut an old carpet to shape.

peterfile
    Free Member

I got a Hatchbag for my car and it’s brilliant. Really snug fit, doesn’t move when I push/pull things in and out of the car, really durable, lots of different options for when i have the seats up/down etc.

Would definitely recommend.

allthepies
    Free Member

How far decomposed are the cadavers ?

pennine
    Free Member

Bought one of these for my Insignia estate. Really good quality liner and the front section rolls up when rear seats are up.
    Boot liner
    Delivered next day

matt_outandabout

How far decomposed are the cadavers ?

😆

Gary_C

Check out:HATCHBAG Bought one for my Focus C-Max. Highly recommended.

Rickos
    Free Member

Thanks peterfile. Just bought a Hatchbag for the 1 month old car that’s getting hacks already!

nealglover
    Free Member

I would buy one that fits the boot perfectly (if that needs to be from the dealer then buy it from there)

If you ever intend on selling the car, a spotless carpet in the boot can really help as it shows a well looked after car.

I give discounts on Valet prices for people who have a full/fitted boot cover, so if you get your car valeted three or four times its paid for itself.

captainscrumpy
    Free Member

I was looking at carmats4u

They seem to be priced quite well.

No cadavers in the boot at the moment.

sambob
    Free Member

We got some rubber mats made for both our cars, just measure the boot space and get some sheets of rubber cut. Pond liner’d work fine.

pjm84
    Free Member

Twice I have bought the OEM Volvo boot dirt liner for an XC70 / V70 and both times they have been a pile of cr*p. At £150 a pop it starting to grate a little as Volvo still cant seem to get it right.

Davesport

Is it worth buying a boot liner for a new car?

I’m a big fan of them. Especially the ones the manufacturers make to fit the boot. I had a hard plastic tray for my V70 that caught countless spillages & I then transferred that after 3 years into another V70. I also had the boot liner in a Seat Alhambra…again excellent & transferred to another car when I traded in. Now back in a Volvo XC 70 with the optional high sided boot liner & it’s been excellent. Although it’s a new vehicle it gets used. I’ve had the boot full of logs/chainsaws/slabs/rubble & I can say honestly I couldn’t do without it.

Twice I have bought the OEM Volvo boot dirt liner for an XC70 / V70 and both times they have been a pile of cr*p. At £150 a pop it starting to grate a little as Volvo still cant seem to get it right.

What’s the problem with yours ?

D.

andypandy85
    Free Member

I bought a ‘tarpaulin’ from Ebay for my boots, 6ftx10ft (I think) and it cost me about 5 quid. Does the job just nicely!

fakesounding
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those sports direct bags for life for all my riding clothing, and in the boot just a cheapo massive tarpaulin, which seem to do the job.

pjm84
    Free Member

The old one for pre 2007 model was velcro attachment at the sides. It just didn’t “velcro” to the carpet and would drop off. There was also a fricton fit to the rear of the seats that didn’t have much friction so again would drop out.

The lastest one seemed to have cured the problem with proper hook attachement to the side luggage system and straps over the head rests. Two problems. The hooks are too loose, particularly on one side so drop out quite easily. The headrest straps must be for the Volvo truck (not seat or headrest) as the straps are way too wide so it pulls the liner in at the seat backs like cheap shopping bags

2 dogs / 5miles and all hell has broken loose with the boot liner even with a dog matt to hold the base in place.

rockhopperbike

we have the hatch bag version for our v70, the sides fasten to the vents in the side of the boot, and the rest fits very well- dog proof so far – cocker and a weinm’er
    £115 – 10 days order time -job done

Pembo
    Free Member

+1 for HatchBag.

Best cheap solution is a patio furniture tarp which has a bucket shape so none of the crap rolls out.

rickmeister

Made one from the same material as those North Face bags, bit of care involved and it was brilliant. Car looked like new after 120k miles, loads of mtb trips.

Recommended you do something though.

TheFopster
    Free Member

I have a couple of old blankets left over from a house move – the sort they use to stop stuff getting damaged. Works a treat but a proper one might be less faff I suppose.

bland

I bought one of these for my Accord and you cant fault it for the price. Just pop it out and hose it down or shake all of the dust off it.

Fits well too, maybe not a 100% perfect fit but near as dammed it!

onehundredthidiot

Bought 10m of ripstop heavy duty nylon material and a stapler. 30 minutes custom fit. Long term fix but easy to remove if needs be.

AD

I have a fitted plastic one in my Forester which is great except for one thing – stuff slides around a lot. Might sound obvious but it can be annoying if you like driving briskly.
    I suspect the fitted non-plastic liners would be better if not quite as tough and a lot easier to store if you take it out…

properbikeco
    Free Member

1 use a 1 tonne builders bag

bike without wheels just fits in and wheel can go in too with a squeeze

If you took a knife to the bag and a wee bit of stitching you could easily custom fit it to car.

Cheap, tough and pretty water/dirt proof

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Boot liner for car?’ is closed to new replies.