Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Boot cut jeans and Henley tops
  • funkmasterp

I know it’s a crime against fashion as I’m over forty, but I need a new pair of jeans. My last two pairs have succumbed to the ravages of time in quick succession. Anybody know where I can get a pair of good quality bootcut jeans? Willing to pay up to £80 or so.

I’ve also ruined a bunch of Henley tops that have rubbish cuffs. I always roll sleeves up and the cuffs have now become very baggy as a result. Bloody cheap cuffs that stretch too easily. Any recommendations for hard wearing Henley style tops or T’s?

mattyfez

Sainsbury’s do boot cut jeans, £16 a pop, no better or worse than jeans 3 times the price IMO.

Most jeans these days seem to be fashion items rather than hard wearing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

bootcut jeans

😱
    😂

kayak23

Debenhams jeans is where I tend to get my bootcuts.

I hear they’re rather passe, but meh, I wear boots, and I like how stuff doesn’t fall into said boots.

binners

Blouson style tan-coloured leather jacket?

funkmasterp

Thanks guys. That’s why I wear them too, great when you wear boots, that and everyone looks a **** in skinny jeans. They might think they don’t, but they definitely do. I’ll be the bleeding edge of fashion, so far gone as to be the next big thing. I find most cheap pairs wear out in the pockets and crotch too quickly.

Blouson tan-coloured leather jacket?

More reddish brown with a huge collar. Funk by name and all that 😂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

funkmasterp

Are they actual crocodile shoes?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Those look more like sheux to me…

mattyfez

Maybe you should have gone for a medium leg rather than a long leg D’Arcy? 😉

funkmasterp

WTF is that guy with the breasts wearing? Way too long and appear to be designed for a man with much thicker thighs.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Those look more like sheux to me…

You knows what imma talkin’ abow… 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

a medium leg

In my dreams mate… 😂

mattyfez

Humble brag, I can barely get standard or skinny jeans over my thighs. Even then my junk is too squashed.

Straight cut works but the ankles are too narrow and look silly.

funkmasterp

Same reasoning as me mattyfez. I don’t like having my junk crushed and a full view of foot is just plain wrong

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

my thighs.

Standard STW jeans thread excuse. 😀

Plenty of places do slim/skinny with a bit of stretch these days for the, erm big waisted thighed.

rossburton
    Free Member

I can’t get anything skinny and a fair amount of standard cut stuff over my *calves*. Apparently a childhood of habitually walking on your toes does that to your calf muscles, does make buying trousers a bit tricky.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Apparently a childhood of habitually walking on your toes does that to your calf muscles

That explains a lot about my chunky calves.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

my chunky calves.

#Strangest

mattyfez

Wearing Jimmy choos with 6 inch heals will also do that. 😉

smudgey
    Free Member

You sound like the man from C and A OP. Go to Sainsburys,Primark or George at Asda and you’ll get sorted out.

funkmasterp

None of those will work because the crotch on the jeans will disintegrate and the tops will have shite cuffs that turn baggy like a kung fu villains robes after being worn twice.

How about straight jeans but with no daft taper and a decent sized leg hole?

househusband

Uniqlo selvedge at £34 or so. Have a few pairs now and I’ll never go back to Edwin!

RustySpanner

What’s a Henley top?

Is boot cut just another word for flared?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What’s a Henley top?

It’s what 50 year old football wannabe casuals wear with bootcut jeans.

funkmasterp

**** hate football, so that counts me out. It’s a basic grandad type collar T-shirt. Just a plain garment that can be worn with pretty much anything. No idea what nobeer is blathering on about.

Flares are like bootcut but more, well, flared.

mattyfez

What’s a Henley top?

A) a dodgy cocktail served near Reading.. Probably involves carling and jagermiester.

B) No

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What’s a Henley top?

OK, boomer.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Uniqlo selvedge at £34 or so. Have a few pairs now and I’ll never go back to Edwin!

Bit harsh on Edwin

RustySpanner

It’s a basic grandad type collar T-shirt. Just a plain garment that can be worn with pretty much anything. No idea what nobeer is blathering on about.

Flares are like bootcut but more, well, flared.

Ok, cheers!
    Not heard the Henley thing before – they’re still called grandad shirts up here.

mattyfez

The only thing about Henley clothing I’m aware of, is that it usually says ‘henley’ on it in massive letters.

See also;
    North face
    Patagonia
    Super dry
    Tommy hilfiger

funkmasterp

Different thing completely mattyfez. Didn’t know Henley was a brand until this thread. From a quick google it’s Henley’s and might be where the football reference comes from.

Will give Uniqlo a try. Thanks to whoever recommended 👍🏼

smudgey
    Free Member

Cant you ask your partner to go shopping with you? It sounds like your dressing very dated, no one dresses like that now.

funkmasterp

That’s because you’re a fashion victim and therefore have no sense of personal style. Who leaves the house to go shopping? What year are you living in? Finally I dress like this so your statement is false. If I’m dated it just means I’m ahead of current trends and don’t have my tackle crushed 😉

jjprestidge
    Free Member

This thread is the sartorial equivalent of the bit in the guitar thread where members have posted pictures of their awful Ibanez and other hair metal guitars. It’s not the f***king early 90s people!

JP

funkmasterp

Hair metal in the 90’s? Seattle scene was in full swing and hair metal was dead. Think I’ve found some jeans any way. You lot are lovely, but really **** weird. Who knew that a man’s choice in jeans leg style could bring out so many repressed fashionistas?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

no sense of personal style

Says the guy asking for clothes recommendations on the internet…..😂😂😂

funkmasterp

Says the guy asking for clothes recommendations on the internet

Only where to buy 😉 if I wanted advise on how to dress this would be the last place I’d come to unless I wanted crocs, shorts and a fleece recommendation

matt_outandabout

null

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Boot cut jeans and Henley tops’ is closed to new replies.