• This topic has 39 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by igm.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Booster tight chest and similar side effects
  • flannol
    Free Member

29/M/Relatively healthy
    So I had my booster (3rd round of Pfizer) 2 weeks ago, tomorrow
    And within a couple of days I had:

Tight chest
    Shortness of breath
    Intermittent pinching feeling from within chest (remains)
    Unable to sleep lying down
    Slightly lower than normal RHR

As it was the two week bank holiday, I ended up going to A+E at about 11pm on NYE as it was [going to be] the fourth night I couldn’t sleep [more than ~2 hours]. ECG & labs completely clear, senior consultant said ‘nothing to worry about – it can just happen – go and see your GP next week with the symptoms’

So I went to see my GP on theTuesday when they reopened. Who was very alarmed and got me in within minutes of talking to reception. ECG, stethoscope, and re-reading my lab results from the hospital. He again just put it down to ‘side effects’ and has cleared me completely for exercise etc (which I feel weary about)

In speaking to my friends, turns out someone else I know has similar symptoms but only when going very hard while riding (he’s welsh cx champ, so is ‘athletic’). This occurred for him directly after the booster, too. And has been going on for months. He had exactly the same A+E results: Bloods clear, ECG fine.

It’s almost cleared up for me now two weeks on – only have the occasional pinching feeling/sharp (but very brief) pain inside my chest usually when I’m turning over in at night (slightly disconcerting if I’m honest)

Ramble ramble. Not the nicest way to spend Xmas/NYE though.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar symptoms?

househusband

Nothing as bad as that. Had my booster early evening and was starting to feel a bit achey and shivery a few hours later but the greater was the fatigue; went to bed and didn’t make it out of bed the following day – day off work.

kayak23

I felt awful for a few days. Kind of flu symptoms.

oikeith

I had my booster this morning, what you describe I was forewarned about twice before being jabbed and covered in the leaflet I was given to take home, if I experience it I was told to contact 111/999 depending on the severity.

Intrigued how the booster will treat me, as super mild symptoms from first jab and none from the second, I have also since had covid too.

airvent
    Free Member

Someone I work with was in bed for 4 days after theirs and got a huge red rash on their arm, did you get that?

boombang
    Free Member

What you describe is very similar to a friend of mine just before New Year, only he didn’t have a covid booster. His was put down to respiratory virus.

kimbers

I had covid in Jan- hardly any symptoms

Double jabbed over summer, AZ x2- and had absolutely no noticeable side effects

Covid again in Nov/ Dec, Omicron?- and had much much worse fluey symptoms, worst flu of my life infact

Boosted this morning, Pfizer- so far so good!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I’ve basically had what I’d say are continuous cold like symptoms since my booster – everyday for the last 3 weeks I pretty much wake up with blocked sinuses/sore throat (or what feels like the start of a cold is best I can describe), pretty annoying now 3 weeks on tbh, obviously could be coincidental but knowing my own body i doubt it

did have a elevated HR for a few days but didn’t seem to stick around

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Had something very similar after my first AZ jab, when all the blood clot stuff was going on. I phoned 111 who sent paramedics as a precaution – ECG was all clear but they decided to admit me to A&E just in case. D-dimer and ECG, etc, all clear in hospital as well. Put down to unrelated/stress/anxiety and told to phone 111 if it reoccurred or got worse, which it didn’t.

andybrad

i was horrific after my booster. worse by far. Chest pains and flu.

fossy

There has been quite a few bugs going round, and very possibly you’ve picked one up. I was already a bit ‘ill’ when I got my booster, so it didn’t make an ounce of difference. Plenty of fluids and paracetamol.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I got a gobfull of mouth ulcers after my booster. Lasted all over the festive period which made eating bloody painful. Which was nice.

Booster was Pfizer, first two were AZ.

flannol
    Free Member

^ yeah perhaps

I forgot to mention constant hard thumping (visible outwardly in my neck it was that hard) heart palpitations too

They checked my labs (I believe) for markers of infection, inflammation, and obviously troponin/etc levels

rOcKeTdOg

1st jab – headache
    2nd jab – arm ache
    booster – honestly thought they’d missed my arm, didn’t feel anything at needle site and no side effects whatsoever
    Az x 2 and Phiz boost

everyone’s different i guess, just imagine how crap you’d have potentially been without the vax if that’s your reaction. those side effects are a small price to pay for protection

marcg868
    Free Member

Covid December 2020 milder version of the flu I had in 2009 with added migraines.
    Slightly breathless but Sats remained 98-100%
    First and second Pfizer no side effects.
    Booster swollen glands left side of neck and sore gums jaw left side, even went to the dentist but teeth and gums fine.
    Eased off after 5 days.

vicksplace

I has really noticable heart palpitations for a few days, and elevated rhr

shermer75
    Free Member

Sounds like a shitty experience, nobody wants to spend NYE in A+E. Thank god the ECG came back with good news! (Twice!!) You can’t mess about with those symptoms, but neither do they definitely equal something serious either- there’s a lot of very innocuous things that can cause similar (that’s what the ECG is for, after all, the seperate out the life threatening from the ‘you’re fine, you can go home and crack on’ type stuff).
    You must be very relieved it’s nothing cardiac related! At your age that would ve a very shitty deal indeed

igm

Interesting. Let’s say I’ve had similar symptoms since my second Moderna (had 3 now).

I got the ride in the ambulance 3 ECGs and 2 bloods before being told they couldn’t see anything (got into A&E at 4pm and out at 4am – not fun, but no complaints given the reasons).

Still got a tight chest – doesn’t seem to be affecting running or cycling speeds or distances.

I was convincing myself it was muscular – bad posture due to WFH.

Need to chase the GP again.

donks
    Free Member

Was just talking about this yesterday… I had booster on 23rd Dec (Pfizer) other two jabs were AZ. Never had any affects for a few days and then the mother of a cold which I still have and a horrendous hacking cough which I still have. Tightness and mild chest pains also. Been to doctors and given antibiotics which I’ve now finished but not feeling any better!! Might be totally unrelated but it’s coincidental?? Never held onto a cold for this long before.

rOcKeTdOg

Never had any affects for a few days and then the mother of a cold which I still have and a horrendous hacking cough which I still have. Tightness and mild chest pains also. Been to doctors and given antibiotics

How did you get an appointment so quickly for a “cold”!? It’s about 4 weeks wait round here if you have accidentally amputated a limb and are carrying it around with you!

dudeofdoom

I may or may not be suffering with a very stiff back due to my 3rd blast of Moderna.

I suppose the trouble is that anything that occurs to you after you’ve had a shot wants to be attributed to that shot.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Moderna booster on 8th dec after 2x AZ.

I was already ‘a bit ill’ but I wasn’t going to wait. I had a sore arm for 2 days, then got hammered by what felt like, and could have been a normal cold. In bed for a day, a snot goblin for 2 weeks and random, inexplicable hot flushes and a bronchial cough, with occasional lung pain not related to the cough. Doesn’t seem to affect exercise, but does effect recovery. Its very slowly reducing as time goes by.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

@marcg868 I had a very similar experience of LHS neck glands and gum swelling to the point it was sore to swallow. Passed after about 3 days. That could have been the booster but I caught covid 2 days later to who knows. Wasn’t fun. Chest has been fine but certainly not back to 100% fitness wise.

paul0
    Free Member

How did you get an appointment so quickly for a “cold”!? It’s about 4 weeks wait round here if you have accidentally amputated a limb and are carrying it around with you!

Also I woudn’t rate the doctor much if they are giving you antibiotics for a cold !!

donks
    Free Member

It was for the hacking cough I can’t shake….possibly chest infection but the nurse (it wasn’t the GP) said there was no give away signs of anything so out came the antibiotics in lieu of anything better…that haven’t helped. Anyway point is that since the booster my chest is nasty and I have this horrible cough ( may not be related to the booster…just sayin)

Autoelec
    Free Member

Glad to hear i’m not alone again. Tight chest after booster (Pfizer), first two were AZ. Not a nice feeling at all. Had many an ECG and blood tests after the second vaccine, similar symptoms including palpitations. Has eased since (21st December) still have a very achey back though.

terrynumbnuts
    Free Member

Just got my booster and am in bed feeling awful reading this thread.

Have any of you who experienced I’ll effects from the jab reported your symptoms to the yellow card scheme? If not why not?

Genuinely intrigued.

Drac

I had a slight ache for a few hours after in my arm.

-m-
    Free Member

Tight chest
    Shortness of breath
    Intermittent pinching feeling from within chest (remains)
    Unable to sleep lying down
    Slightly lower than normal RHR

I had a similarly unpleasant experience after my 2nd dose of Moderna. Noticeably elevated heart rate starting about 6hrs after the jab which then developed to be accompanied by a shortness of breath (unpleasantly so) and tightness in chest. It continued solidly for about 72hrs total which was pretty unpleasant – lying down/sleeping was difficult due to the breathing issue – then recovered very quickly.

I’m not aware of any long-term effects and went for my booster just before Christmas (which was Pfizer) and had nothing more than a bit of a sore arm and feeling very slightly off colour.

My first dose of Moderna was given on the first day it was being administered in the UK and I was the first person at the vaccine centre to receive a second dose (to the point that they checked about 5 times whether they were actually able to do it, despite me having booked it through the on-line booking system). I didn’t really worry too much about the side-effect leaflet when I had my second dose until I started feeling bad. Rightly or wrongly I didn’t seek medical assistance, but did report what happened through the MHRA yellow card system. It was a few weeks later they started talking about heart-swelling as a potential higher risk of Moderna for younger people (I’m over 40, so that’s not me, but I suspect that’s what I had…). Again, don’t judge me, but I didn’t mention the issue when they asked about experience of side effects before my booster and I survived that unscathed.

Hopefully you get over the residual effects that you have. As I said – I’m not aware of any longer-term effects in my case (I’m active and healthy but certainly not an athlete, so not pushing myself to physical limits).

-m-
    Free Member

Have any of you who experienced I’ll effects from the jab reported your symptoms to the yellow card scheme?

Yes, I did in my case because it seemed to be out of the ordinary at a time when Moderna was still very new.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Had my booster yesterday. Felt fine until 11pm. Then sore arm, achey etc. All standard side effects / vaccination symptoms.

Today feel super tired but not unwell enough to call in sick (although we’re encouraged to not attend work with any symptoms, the office gossipers are quick to talk about who’s in and who’s off. “Well, I was fine but XYZ is off with sick”. Couple of brandy’s and an early night methinks. (1 more day then I have a week’s holiday anyway)

I’m quite amazed reading this thread that anyone can get angry at someone who doesn’t want it.

Swelling of the heart is not a side effect you should be getting from a vaccine

Drac

Swelling of the heart is not a side effect you should be getting from a vaccine

mild myocarditis most cases have eased themselves in a few days, extremely rare reports of serious issues. The most common cause of myocarditis is a virus infection which can lead to chronic heart problems. Guess which one is common in?

BoardinBob

Booster 2 days ago and I have the exact symptoms you described. I felt worse yesterday than I did when I actually had covid

oikeith

Update, Boostered first thing monday, the minute the needle went in it felt like I was stabbed with a fork and arm has been sore until this morning. Felt very midly off the last few days like the start of a cold has been coming, this has now stopped. My Garmin wrist watch tells me my rest heart rate for Monday and Tuesday night was 4beats per minute higher up from 47 to 51.

Am I over it…

terrynumbnuts
    Free Member

Guess which one is common in?

Well given the above, how many colds have you contracted over the years producing the symptoms described here?

Chest tight, feel awful, RHR elevated.

BoardinBob

For me it’s awful fatigue, worse than I’ve been experiencing with the long covid I’m suffering from, headaches, chest pain, brain fog and flashing lights/ auras in my vision

elduderino12
    Free Member

Similar story for me. No effects from first two jabs, other than a sore arm.

Moderna booster on Dec 22. Short of breath and palpations on Dec 26, did a 25 mile ride on Dec 28 and all seemed fine. Palpations again on Jan 1. Had an ECG and blood test and all came back good.

I’ve had a really bad back too, but not sure if it’s related. Who knows. I might skip the next booster if it comes to it.

NewRetroTom

I’ve had similar to some of the above – chest pain, blocked sinuses, fatigue but it started a couple of weeks before my booster.
    Had the booster last week (Moderna) and feeling mostly ok since.

igm

Well given the above, how many colds have you contracted over the years producing the symptoms described here?

Chest tight, feel awful, RHR elevated.

Lots?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Booster tight chest and similar side effects’ is closed to new replies.