Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Boooooonen
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

Always good when even your own team are suprised you are still rocking 52 kph 260km in…

Hardman.

http://www.bigringriding.com/post/20966776702/boooooooonen-****-yeah

djflexure

enjoyed that – thanks for posting

skiboy
    Free Member

awesome and i’m no roadie, thanks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tracknicko
    Free Member

no bother. from the big ring blog which EVERYONE should follow.

shame there was no spartacus this year in some respects, but i doubt boonen would have gone 50km solo if he’d been there, so maybe good that he wasnt?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

shame there was no spartacus this year in some respects

+1

it would have been an epic clash! I think Cancellara is going to smash up the Olympics now

wwaswas

got a bit dusty in the car there at one point 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Excellent.. Most excellent.

mdavids
    Free Member

Great vid and a really impressive athlete. Always thought roadies could only sustain that kind of pace because they were shielded from the wind by the peloton. Awesome!!!

tracknicko
    Free Member

there was a section where he hit a headwind and his pace dropped, just as the sky lads were starting to put it together a bit, where it seemed in his eyes he was thinking ‘oh shit, this might have been an error…

was great to watch, the relief as he hit 10km with more than 1 min, and finished the last cobbles was palpable.

fantastic performance. true hardman.

Crell
    Free Member

Nice vid. One of the best single man efforts I’ve seen. Watching it live I thought he was mad going alone at 50km; but what do I know. I’m not surprised they couldn’t bring him back if he was doing 52Kph at that stage of the race.

tracknicko
    Free Member

just great to see two belgian ex pros in a team car look to each other and go ‘**** me!’ he’s doing 52!

gnnnnaaarrrr.

i dream of such things.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Boonan of old that, proper killer spirit. He’s rather nice isn’t he, I mean he’s no meathead, can string a sentence together, proper happy to chat to fans and the like. Proper lad, he’s moving back to Belgium too (from Monaco) the only problem he’ll encounter is the hysteria he’ll cause living down the road.

And he properly kicks it. Proper admiration.

He’s becoming one of my heros again, seems like it’s 2006 all over again. And I was just getting used to riding like Gilbert. I’ll have to reconstruct my style again.

tracknicko
    Free Member

i like the classics/giro season of the year.

proper racers, proper races.

think the tour (de france) gets a bit carried away with itself sometimes

IS A GOOD TIME OF YEAR FOR WATCHING SOME SERIOUS RACING.

arrgh shouting.sooryy

lazybike
    Free Member

I’m guessing van summeren had a bad day

tracknicko
    Free Member

not alone there

oldgit
    Free Member

Got any epic sportive vids 😛

lazybike
    Free Member

Boonen really dished it out…. Ted King has been posting his rides on strava, haven’t seen paris Roubaix on there but he put the flanders race on there, amazing how fast they go…

lunge

He Belgium, he’s nails and he’s not a bad looking fella either. There is nothing not to like about him.

I too love the spring classics, proper riding out there.

tracknicko
    Free Member

A little odd stylistically. but some highlights here..

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

He’s one of the classiest riders I think we’ll see in our life times and great to see grown men getting so excited in the video; thanks for the link

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think he rides a bike one size too small for him.. or is it just me?

Bendy back bloke.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Chapeau Boonen. The ride was AWESOME, almost unbeliveable, which I hope it wasn’t…

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Big Ring Riding is ace……Boonen is the man this yer – qualla.

King Fabu will fookin deal some hurt when Olympics arrive.

Top top ride from Boonen….the chasing group should have been ashamed of themselves.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Tracknicko …. voeckler ALWAYS looks like that, that face is NO different to normal!
    I am in love with Boonen … swoons! It was a fantastic race would’ve been completely different if Cancellara was there, no way Boonen would’ve got away and managed to TT 50km.
    As for Gilbert he’s already said he’s having a mare of a year and is really depressed, but on a plus note his little bro Jerome has just signed for a Belgian team and is debuting at Liege-Bastogne-Liege. Oh Boonen isn’t doing Amstel this weekend said he’s tired, too much of a Coke binge? who cares, he’s still awesome and it’s certainly not performance enhancing 😉 ….

tracknicko
    Free Member

Tommy v is ace for that exact reason. He makes it look what it is. HARD!

MrSmith
    Free Member

it’s the perfect size for him as is stem (normal 130-140 racers length)
    a 130-140 means more weight over the front wheel for better handling/grip.

jonba
    Free Member

No matter what size bike he is on he’s earned the right to declare it the correct size if he can do that on it.

Lots of pro riders ride smaller bikes with huge amounts of post/saddle lay back and long stems. I assume it works for them.

tang
    Free Member

He is something else. Him and Fab are just fantastic. I’d say road is in rude health, a lot of classy riders really dishing it out. Love it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah I know about sizes, I’m a bit old skool in that I like a bit of a stretch seeeeee, 130 stem on a 55″, oh well, bendy back flat back, whateva.

Wonder if he did it on a Raleigh Tomahawk he’d still win..

carbon337
    Free Member

Is it unjustified that I simply dont trust him…?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Back in 2009 he rode a 61cm Roubaix

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/pro-bike-tom-boonens-specialized-s-works-roubaix-sl2-custom-21190/

This years bike was a prototype but I can see him varying his geometry that much, he’s just a tall lad.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Yes it is unjustified. I think you have to take all racers at face value. Or stop watching races.

4 wins of roubaix without even a sniff of doping should help you eh?

What a shame doping was/is.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Yes it is unjustified. I think you have to take all racers at face value. Or stop watching races.

4 wins of roubaix without even a sniff of doping should help you eh?

What a shame doping was/is.

carbon337
    Free Member

tracknicko – I love watching pro racing and competing at the base level of the sport but for some reason I just dont trust his performances probably just because he has been so strong so far this season.

Ill relax and give him the benefit of the doubt but he just comes across a bit cold and unlikeable compared with someone like Spartacus. Would of loved Flecha to win it but nevermind.

tracknicko
    Free Member

really? i think he comes across very well indeed in most things i’ve seen him in.

compared to the lances, shlecks and contadors of this world he is positively gushing.

tomlevell

You do realise he’s had 3 (?) poor years with various injuries and before that was 110% of awesome.

Last years Roubaix he looked good and after the first mishap was recatching the Cancellara group at a fair rate. Chain jam and then a fall scuppered him though. Plus Flanders last year he was there at the finish in the lead group.

Coke – Yes
    Proper doping – No

Of course you can never be 100% sure I mean Armstrong was clean wasn’t he…

tracknicko
    Free Member

the absence of fab also makes him look stupendously better than the main pack.

that year the two of them were at it together was real racing also.

what **** awesome races.

kcr
    Free Member

Talking about “incredible” Paris Roubaix performances…
    I watched the finish of the 1996 race in Roubaix where three riders from one team managed to ride away from the best in the world and finish 2:38 up on the rest of the field:

Subsequent history puts a different perspective on what, at the time, seemed to be an amazing result.
    The team was Mapei-GB, also directed by Omega Pharma Quick Step’s current manager Patrick Lefevere.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m certainly no roadie but that was AWESOME!
    I like when they look at his speed and burst out laughing and how he slows down for the car.

oldgit
    Free Member

tracknicko – I love watching pro racing and competing at the base level of the sport but for some reason I just dont trust his performances probably just because he has been so strong so far this season.

It’s been that way for ever, fast Phil cleaned up last year. If you’re the fastest man then you’re gonna win

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Boooooonen’ is closed to new replies.