Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Books which are impossible to read on a train.
  • dingabell
    Free Member

I’ll start with “I Partridge” Keep getting some really funny looks when I burst out laughing at some point on nearly every page. Probably because I read it in my head in the voice of Alan Partridge. I have to stop reading out of pure embarrassment.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

pop up karma sutra?

Drac

Harry_the_Spider

A copy of this with a dedication from the author?

A mate on mine’s brother did a degree in human anatomy and used to read the text books on the train. Chapter 6 – How to bandsaw a head in half

DrP

When I used to train commute, I’d often read journals en route.
    Given the often gory nature, I’d be discreet about it.
    One day I got up to shift my bike, and put the journal on the table (closed I thought).

A chap walked past me and said “naughty boy, reading stuff like that” and got off….

When I got back to othe table, I’d obviously slammed the mag down, and it flopped open on a half page spread of a high quality image of a manky, infected c0ck……
    Joy…..

DrP

njee20
    Free Member

I love a good train crash, read several books whilst on trains! Likewise plane crash books when on planes.

mugsys_m8

‘Bad Wisdom’ by the guy from KLF. It has a rather disturbing scene involving Nuns on a train, on the way to the north pole…

fakesounding
    Free Member

I’ll start with “I Partridge” Keep getting some really funny looks when I burst out laughing at some point on nearly every page. Probably because I read it in my head in the voice of Alan Partridge. I have to stop reading out of pure embarrassment.

<threadhijack>
    I bought the audiobook rather than the physical book just so I could hear it read by ‘him’.

</threadhijack>

lucien

Do glossy mags count? In which case, too many to mention

Dancake
    Free Member

I bought the audiobook rather than the physical book just so I could hear it read by ‘him’.

when AP came out with “Tea Aids” I almost wet ’em

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member
    Dark-Side

My copy of Fisting for Beginners got me a few looks on the Friday commute.

project
    Free Member

love a good train crash, read several books whilst on trains! Likewise plane crash books when on planes.

Red for Danger, and Hidden Dangers, along with beyond Hidden Dangers are good reads about train accidents, along with
    http://www.railwaysarchive.co.uk/

Best book to read on a train,

Chavs, the demonisation ofthe working classes,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Books which are impossible to read on a train.’ is closed to new replies.