Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Book Review: Potholes and Pavements
  • stwhannah

Some years ago I met Laura Laker and she seemed to me to be an essentially nice and positive person. One of those people it would be hard to be misera …

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

Book Review: Potholes and Pavements

lorax

Excellent review, many thanks!

slowol

Thanks for the review. Is there any chance of Singletrack stocking this, amongst the other cycling books you stock?

Gives those of us without a local bookshop a better place to buy from than American tax avoidance vehicles. Thanks 👍

oldfart

@stwhannah

I’m a volunteer ranger for Sustrans and van telling you unfortunately our government has withdrawn funding so it’s down to us now 🙄Shortsighted cutbacks won’t help in the long run .😔

jeffl

Interesting review. I cycled Coast to Coast about 10 years ago with some work colleagues. Was a fairly chilled afair but the only GPS we had was a basic Garmin with breadcrumbs, before having to break out the phones.

We all became absolute ninjas at spotting tiny blue NCN signs burried in the undergrowth. For about 6 months afterwards I kept noticing them everywhere.

May have to grab a copy when I see it at the local book shop.

rhinofive

does it mention the bit of NCN included in a CX World Cup course?

20141128_132012

tractionman

It’s a great read, I am enjoying the book, my only slight criticism is I think it would have benefitted from some maps and some photos, but then I am more a visual person than a wordy one…

spooky_b329

I’ve just started this book, the Kindle price was a little above what I normally spend on ebooks but having met Laura at a bikepacking event I thought I would push the boat out a little!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.