Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)
  • Bontrager twentyfour12 – whos going?
  • stumpy01

I haven’t packed for a really wet one…make it stop!

Think I might dig my wellies out of the garage just in case…

Moda
    Free Member

It will be fine, look on the bright side it cant be worse than last year 😀

Picton you really going there ?

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Ha ha, surely it can’t be worse Moda, I live in hope. Just seen the forecast on the BBC, the rain will be elsewhere 😉

localhero94
    Free Member

Just doing my normal 24/12 packing – shorts, t shirts, waterproofs, sun cream, wellies, sun hat, umbrella….

amedias
    Free Member

…dinghy

IdleJon

I’ll be there. 12hr solo for me.

My kids will be breaking the course!

Sad that this is the last one in Newnham – the venue is very much part of the appeal for me.

mtbant
    Free Member

I’ll be there with a load of Castle bikes guys from Caerphilly, fingers crossed it will dry up tomorrow and sat!

jay_tht
    Free Member

first 24hr solo not done the miles I needed to but we give it a dam good go.. 🙂

jay_tht
    Free Member

First 24hr solo not done the miles I needed to but we give it a dam good go.. 🙂 Be on a cube with TunnelHillTrolls top on give us a push up the hills.

Glamping to and first time are 2 year son has gone camping so any cry I say sorry now..

Moda
    Free Member

12 hr solo for me in glamping field In South Downs Bikes kit. Will be a great shame if this is the last time at this course, I had heard that part if the course was not allowed to be used again. Any one else heard anything ?

julioflo
    Free Member

Any conditions updates from anyone who has arrived early?

We had a pretty heavy downpour overnight in South Devon, but my local woods were still very hard and non muddy this morning, just wet on the roots. Sun is now beating down as well. So i’d imagine the course conditions will be just fine.

No dramas.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Weather update:

It rained last night, the grass was wet this morning…

Its hot and sunny now, ground still really hard!

Oh, and perfect for cider drinking 🙂

julioflo
    Free Member

Bugger, ground will be hard to get me tent pegs into 😉

40mpg

I’m packing my mud tires, cos if I don’t, it WILL rain 😀

monkeychild
    Free Member

I hope it’s a dry’un as I am not in the mood or a pooh course aftery stressful bike maint day!!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

The sumo disco is in full swing 🙂

The jump of doom is in place 🙂

The cider stocks are disappearing.. 😉

This place is ace!!!

tazzymtb

keep an eye out for a midget on a SS in the 24hr solo. He may look like a psycho be he won’t bite (honest). He is el presidente of some single speed nichewhore attention mongers group and is really quite sweet.

stumpy01

Change of plan. I forgot to bring the parrot.
    We are camped near the start of the lap with a Slime branded ezy up.
    Spotted Team Sumo and the jump off doom.

Good course so far and nice weather. Catering tent is very rubbish.

pictonroad

So far so good, one lap down, course is excellent and it hasn’t rained. Yet.

stumpy01

We are double lapping so not been out yet. I’m due next. The course is pretty different to other years with a few interesting sections!

Have fun people!

rickon
    Free Member

Mwah ha ha haaaa. I’m looking forward to the rain hitting you poor souls, later tonight 😉

My bike is still covered in dust from last night’s ride, and I plan to keep it that way. 🙂

monkeychild
    Free Member

Well it’s still dry here. I’m 11 laps in solo and I am hurting from a few spills (is there a sweet pressure spot on geax saguaros?)I’m going to limp it round until I drop or the race finishes lol. Overall it’s a bloody great event!!!

stumpy01

Nice going monkeychild.
    just back from a double lapper and in need of some sleep. Will keep an eye out for you in the morning to wish you Happy Birthday.
    I’m near the start of the lap -just past the uppy downy start section. There’s a crowd of us near some Raleigh/Diamondback signage with a Slime ezy up.
    if you want to stop for a cup of tea, cereal bar, banana etc. feel free. Will be happy to sort you out if I’m not on a lap!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂 I’m no 61 and will mostly be looking like a broken man lol.

Harry_the_Spider

Just heard from Mrs Terrahawk via twitter that Terrahawk is 2 laps up on the field in the solo and going strong.

singletrackmind

and he’s probably on a Penny Farthing as well.

GO TERRAHAWK!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

All seven sumos finished at 12.05, after lurking in the quiet camp drinking strong cider for a while 🙂

Then we drank…. And we eventually fell asleep!

Right now we have 6 sleeping sumos and me!

Thanks for all the encouragement 🙂

PS. Yes, those suits are hot!!

crispybacon
    Free Member

I had a great time down @ the Bonti 24/12 supporting friends taking part, it was nice to have a dry track for once.

I saw the sumo riders at the start.

tazzymtb

brilliant ride by that terrahawk fella and an awesome second place in mens solo 24 hrs by the ultra hardcore SS midget that it jules Rider.

Hareydan
    Free Member

Just got back home, great weekend and a brilliant course! I’m shattered now, congrats to all the soloists, and the sumo guys! Looked hard work in those suits! I got interviewed today by a couple of guys for the xc racer website while I was waiting to go out on my last lap, will have to check later to see if I made the cut 🙂

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’m still here 🙂 too far to travel broken :p you sumo guys are nuts. And mr singlespeeder isn’t human!!

Nobby

Yep, you Sumos are legends!

Anyone got a link to results yet?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Sumo disco tent still going strong!

Sumo Jump of doom still on course 🙂

xcwanabe
    Free Member

Anyone got a link to results yet?

Timelaps have them up already. Isn’t modern tech wonderful.

We had a great 12hrs, first time Me and Mrs XCwanabe tried 12hr pairs (first race for Wifey) she loved it. Much more fun than me soloing and we did a lot better than either of us hoped. 99% of the other riders were great giving Mrs XC plenty of space and tolerating her slower average speed.

The one guy that pushed passed her early afternoon going through the bomb holes, sending her into a tree and almost put her off going out again. I hope your final finish position was worth it.

Annoyingly it did include a trip to Minor Injury Unit on the way home, I seem to have broken my little finger. I thought it was sore on my last two laps.

See you next year?

localhero94
    Free Member

Interesting race for me, clipped a rock with my pedal on my second lap, got thrown off and landed badly resulting in a hole in my arm and much blood spurting out. Many thanks to the soloist who stopped to help, the marshals who got me and the bike off the track and the St Johns people for treating me. 6 hours at A&E wasn’t the result I had planned, or the honour of officially finishing last, but these things happen :-/

Next year….

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I only experienced one lot of bad overtaking in the whole race, thanks mr london fruit

singletrackmind

I too have had bad experiences of Mr London Fruit . Hes a good rider and pretty quick, Shame he has to be a cock.
    Actualy thinking about it he was a cock at Erlestoke 12 and 24/12 last year, glad to see he’s been a cock this year as well just to keep a good level of consistancy .

bitemebryn
    Free Member

Brilliant couple of days, but it didn’t feel that way at 0300 this morning to be honest! The Sumo’s were an inspiration and the jump of doom kept the slog through the camp site interesting. Hats off the soloists. I don’t think I could bare that kind of torture!

rOcKeTdOg

hummerlicious – Member

I only experienced one lot of bad overtaking in the whole race, thanks mr london fruit

he was an ignorant sod in the change over at mayhem too, looked at people trying to chat with him like they were something he found on the bottom of his shoe

teasel
    Free Member

got thrown off and landed badly resulting in a hole in my arm and much blood spurting out.

Sorry to read that, geez. Hope you heal okay…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager twentyfour12 – whos going?’ is closed to new replies.