Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bontrager Duster wheels/hubs?
  • soulrider
    Free Member

I am still riding a Trek Stache 8 with the original wheels but the rims are now trashed.
    I am looking to rebuild the wheel around the original hubs, but I have no clue what the hub actually is so that I can calculate the spoke length for with the new Rim.
    Does anyone have a clue about this hub??
    (The bike is a 2014 – the wheels were Bontrager Duster, the hubs have centrelock disk mount.)

Poopscoop

I can’t help I’m afraid but might be worth posting some pics of the hubs mate?

simondbarnes

but I have no clue what the hub actually is so that I can calculate the spoke length for with the new Rim.

Just measure it

soulrider
    Free Member

Measure what?

simondbarnes

Measure what?

The hub, to give you the dimensions you need to calculate the required spoke lengths.

andyg1966

Its probably easier and not too expensive (given cost of rims and spokes and cost of your time) to buy some ProBuild wheels from Merlin

Merlin

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

As said BJ you need to measure hubs, mainly spoke hole placement (bcd). Offset to each flange.

See:
    http://www.wheelpro.co.uk/spokecalc/help-normal-hub.html

Are they boost or normal fit? I’ve some duster elites if you want. Unless you’re aiming for a wider/lighter than standard build!

chrisrobs
    Free Member

Duster elites? If so then they weigh a ton. Be maybe better investing in a new wheel set

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager Duster wheels/hubs?’ is closed to new replies.