Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Boltby Bash
  • duncancallum

So who’s in?

Looking forward to it!

jaylittle
    Free Member

Yep… me and 2 mates, usually a few more of us but people were slack and the enduro sold out in an hour.

fooman

I got a ticket at 9:10 and it was saying waiting list only by 9:15.

colournoise

I think I’m in. Entry process went a bit weird. Told me I’d got two payment processes running so neither would complete. Then I’ve got 3 confirmation emails – two the same and then a third different one. Sientries tells me I’ve got an active entry for it and I seem to be on the entry list so I think I’m in, but will have to wait and see how many entries I actually got?

jaylittle
    Free Member

Yes I had a bit of bother with the payment too. I did notice atleast one name duplicated on the entry list unless its 2 people with the same name.

Colournoise if you did get multiple entries I have a friend that will take it off your hands

russyh
    Free Member

I’m in again this year, 4 of us in total.  It’s my favourite event of the year nowadays.  Nice stages and great atmosphere.  Without the size of Ard Rock events

chrisyork

By 9:12 the enduro was sold out!! As much as I love biking it really frustrates me that people have to absolutely hound the website at 9am because it’s so popular!

I remember last year that the tickets were on sale for a month I think, 12 mins this year haha!

Got onto the waiting list, I’m not negative because I didn’t get an entry and even though it is fantastic for the MTB community it’s just a shame that you have to be so so fast to get into an event.

Will see what other events come up if Boltby is a no-no. Don’t get me wrong too it was fantastic last year and no doubt STW’s amazing review as well as other publications have made it so popular.

Well done for the people able to get a ticket in time, it’s a good ‘un!!

duncancallum

I got pointed to esk valley enduro as a similar vibed event

Jordan

@chrisyork I think the enduro sold out in around an hour last year. I was out with no internet access when they went on sale. Got home an hour or so later and they had all gone. The sportive were on sale for a while though.

Anyway I’m in this year. Was camping up Great Langdale yesterday morning with no phone or internet access so ended up sat outside the ODG hotel at 8.55 cadging their wifi connection.

andybrad

Im in with a load of us from calderdale. Well be the ones sweating and throwing up on the climbs because weve had too much beer the night before. then swearing on te downs because weve had too much beer the night before.

sandwicheater

Ah bum, forgot about this. Looks like a fun easy going event.

Also forgot about the PMBA entries going live, double bum.

Jordan

@andybrad you won’t be the only ones 🙂

jaylittle
    Free Member

Yes the 2019 event did sell out with a couple of hours, the year before however tickets could still be had months afterwards. Unfortunately demand far outstrips supply which can be said about most of these events.

StuE
    Free Member

At least the sportive runs on the same stages as the enduro, so if your not too worried about individual stage times you do get to ride the same course as everyone else

antares
    Free Member

Yes the 2019 event did sell out with a couple of hours, the year before however tickets could still be had months afterwards. Unfortunately demand far outstrips supply which can be said about most of these events.

That’ll explain the 20% increase in the entry fee then

chrisyork

Ahh is that right? I was sure they were available for much longer than that.
    It is crazy how little time you have though.

Goes to show we’re all racers at heart too as like someone mentioned, there were still lots of Sportive tickets left when the Enduro’s had long sold out this year!!!

chipps

I did the sportive last year and really enjoyed it. I’m not quite sure what the benefit of doing the actual racing version is, apart from a couple more hours in bed…

chrisyork

Chipps, the Enduro was ALL about literally racing to the bottom of the trail as fast as possible and gave you a time for every stage. Then you got a time for the combined stages.

It was a good job that the whole thing wasn’t timed as some of those hills on the transitions were horrible!
    Stage 1 end to get back to the top was horrible!!

halifaxpete

Yep, done it twice now enjoy the chilled vibe it has (hope it never gets too ‘big’) Did the Sportive last year and although I did alright time wise I’d rather do the enduro again TBH. You spend all your energy on the climbs so cant give it your all on the stages, I need to learn how to conserve energy properly methinks!

jaylittle
    Free Member

I agree Pete, it’s one of my favourite events and this is largely due to the limited numbers.

unsponsored
    Free Member

I’ll be behind the lens this year. A great event.

sturdylad
    Free Member

I’m in. One other friend out of 4 or 5 of them actually made the cut.
    Shame as it good to do it as group last year.
    They’re on the waiting list (about 0920 when they failed to get in!) fingers crossed for a few drop out.
    Really enjoyed it, we can only hope for weather as good. I bet it’s a long day in the rain!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Boltby Bash’ is closed to new replies.