Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Boltby Bash 2018
  • snotrag

Booked onto this ages ago, doing the ‘sportive’. Has anyone else done this previously?

We are only coming up for the day, and they reckon I need to be there by 7am to sign on ahead of a mass start at 8am.

Bit confusing, as that means all the ‘racers’ will be catching up with the pootlers, but oh well.

We were going to all stay over, do Saturday practice, camp, have many burgers and beers etc but work, pregnant partners etc has poo-poo’d all that fun.

lizzylou
    Free Member

I’ll take the entry if you can get the name (and gender :-p) changed over 🙂

andybrad

will be up with a load from calderdale MBC on sat. Look out for the slow ones (that’ll be me) and the drunk ones (me again)

Im stating my training tonight if i can. Else ill start on Wednesday…..

ready

Started my training at the weekend.  Buggered my rear mech last night.  Prep isn’t going well!

Celebrating my 20 year wedding anniversary whilst we’re there too, what else could possibly go wrong?

phil56

I have an entry but due to a clash I can’t use it – if anyone’s interested in taking my place please get in touch asap – a small donation to a charity of your choice would be nice if you want it.

I have no idea if we can still change the name etc at this stage

snotrag

How did we all do? It was absolutely STUNNING today! Best days riding I’ve ever had possibly, we practiced on Saturday and despite having slightly heavy legs for the race, felt really good, and once onto the stages it was fantastic. I’m no Richie Rude, but hit every line, stayed upright all day, smashed some berms, hit the jumps, I was literally whooping and Yee-Haw’ing my way round all day.

New bike behaved too, first proper big ride out on my Stage Four and I loved it.

Some quality photos from the assorted photog’s too!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/27hmYQN]randr-photo-2869983-5472px[/url] by simonholehan, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/24AKL9y]randr-photo-2871751-5000px[/url] by simonholehan, on Flickr

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I was there! (watching my lad)

Hope the rider who got a lift in the air ambulance from section 2 is ok.

bigwill
    Free Member

It Was a great day, absolutely brilliant, really well organised and jeez it’s grown since 2016.  esselgruntfuttock I spoke with one of his mates who said he was in ok spirits despite a pretty serious crash, hopefully a lot was precautionary and he makes a quick recovery.

riklegge

Loved it! Weather was fantastic and the tracks were great. Managed to marginally improve to more firmly mid-pack than previous enduros.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

Thoroughly enjoyed it – first enduro on the hardtail; rode it all well, but certainly not as fast or competitive as I had been in previous enduro’s!

Managed to get away in the first wave 830, completed in 3hrs – was a lonely race as I was ahead of most of my wave (was 4th across the line) and just behind most of the sportive!

Headphones in and blasting around Yorkshire Moors, can’t say it was disappointing!

andybrad

top doo. all the folks at CMBC had an awesome time. Some nasty crashes but plenty of smiles (and beer) all round.

just needed showers.

Hope it doesnt loose its chilled out vibe 🙂 weather was incredible. can we book the same weather for next year?

Anyone know what happened to the guy that had a heart attack?

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

just needed showers.

Shower bags were great in this heat! that and a pop up shower tent! most welcome to wash the dust off!

andybrad

my bike is covered in some kind of really fine powdered mud. i dint know what to do with it. Did anyone else have this issue?

Simon

Had a fantastic weekend, the traols were fun and the weather amazing. Wasn’t really riding my best and losing 1m30s due to a wrong turn on stage 3 didn’t help with my overall time!

Anyone else think the taping on 3 as you came out of the field could’ve been better?

andybrad

i honestly had no idea where i was going half of the time. full on target fixation on nearly every turn. Shocking on my side 🙂

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Hope the rider who got a lift in the air ambulance from section 2 is ok.

I was the marshall/first aider on Stage 2 at the accident.

The latest information I received late night was that he was out off the neck brace and awaiting some more tests from consultants. Which is a really good sign.

He fell on the course and due to the nature of his injury we had no option but to close the stage, with the hope that it would reopen but sadly it just took to long so the stage remained closed. Its a real shame to those who didn’t get to ride the stage sunday, but it was out of our hands.

Anyone know what happened to the guy that had a heart attack?

He is also doing ok.

markshires
    Free Member

I had an awesome day Saturday, my riding has definitely improved since last year! Unfortunately I couldn’t make the race on Sunday which was a shame! Here’s a little vid I made of my day!

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Aye was a good gig, first time for me and will look to do it again next year.

Shame about the lad and stage 2 getting shut down, was a great stage in practice, sounds like it’s not as bad as first sounded if he’s out of the neck brace. Hope he gets well soon.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Yep, proper good fun, really relaxed with stunning weather, riding the transition to stage 4 I felt I could have been down by the med. Finding stage 2 closed and seeing the helicopter and ambulance was slightly sobering, glad they are doing ok. I certainly hope to be back next year.

snotrag

I couldn’t resist buying this – look how happy I was!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/27oE2zK]randr-photo-2879350-5472px[/url] by simonholehan, on Flickr

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Boltby Bash 2018’ is closed to new replies.