Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bolt up/in hub axle
  • cframe
    Free Member

Waaay back in the day I may have asked this before but I don’t think it made it through the forum migration.

I’ve got a Genesis Day One with track ends and 15mm bolts for securing the rear wheel.

Is it at all possible to replace the rear hub axle with a ‘bolt up/in’ type one? The type I’m thinking of it like the Phil Woods or Hope bolt in.

Hope bolt in hub

I’m not really in the position of dropping big money on a whole new hub or wheelset for what’s mostly a beater bike so I’m trying to make the change as cheap as possible!

Thanks all

Onzadog
    Free Member

More dependent on hubs than frame as it’s the hub axle that the bolts will thread into.

cframe
    Free Member

Yeah totally, I think it’s a bog standard formula hub that’s on it

nixie

If it’s the OEM hub then very unlikely. If the aim is not to need to carry a spanner then any hub capable of 135x12mm and a bolt in axle would do it. Even a 142×12 hub with 3.5mm machined off the end caps. Wouldn’t be SS specific but spacer kit solves that. The original pro 2 (which can be bought more cheaply) also had a fun bolt axle option.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I used to run Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs with 135×10 axles and a Hadley aluminium bolt going through the middle.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Term is female axel. May help with Google searches

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bolt up/in hub axle’ is closed to new replies.