Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bolt Thru Rear Axle
  • BMC09
    Free Member

Eveing all,

wanting to put a 10mm bolt thru rear axle on one of my bikes, running hope Pro 2's so pretty easy to switch the conversion kits, but looking for ideas for the actual axle

so far the one that seems to be cropping up is the DT Swiss RWS Thru Bolt @ £35-£40

any ideas for other ones?

cheers as always

racing_ralph
    Free Member

superstar and fireye do one under a tenner

Kieran

Not an answer to your question, but I upgraded mine to the 10mm bolt up axle a couple of weeks ago and its great. Dont know if the full bolt through is lighter/stiffer but its certainly a vasy improvement over the QR

BMC09
    Free Member

looks good, might give it a bash @ £8

z1ppy

if you haven't bought the 10mm Thru axle conversion kit yet (as per this link), the consider this 10mm bolt-up kit instead? (no need to buy a QR, though a bit more hassle to fit no doubt)

BMC09
    Free Member

not bought it yet, no…

might pop the bolt up kit one on the SX Trail

do fancy a QR one tho on the Full Bounce tho

z1ppy

Bugger didn't realise Kieran had posted about it already..

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Had a Superstar 10mm which was good, now on an NC17 which is also good and a lot lighter. However the cam action on the qr was better on the Superstar one. Much cheapness either way compared to DT Swiss…

markyd

I've got a superstar one if you want to buy it. brand new unused. They don't compare to the DT swiss ones (which I also own). The QR ones waist down the 10mm axles to about normal QR thickness at the lever end. The thing is solid steel and heavy. I assumed it would be alloy like the DT swiss ones. The biggest advantage of the DT RWS is that the clamping force doesn't reduce like it does on a QR when the cam goes over centre. In that respect all you are buying with the QR ones is a thicker QR. Having said all that, not sure I could tell the difference even with the DT swiss one (It just seems like a much better solution that the old fashioned thin QRs)

igm

Hadley big old allen bolt here – simple, works, not too heavy -v- not cheap, you need a 6mm allen key.

I like it.
    Get them from Balle (when they're in stock)

Tyredocter
    Free Member

SJSCycles do axles plus excellent track nuts with the separate washers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bolt Thru Rear Axle’ is closed to new replies.