Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bolt help please…
  • CalamityJames
    Free Member

Am very close to rounding out my mech hanger bolts so would like some replacements, please can somebody advise what size/type these would be:

bigyinn
    Free Member

Your best bet is to take a bolt to a local fixings supplier.
    They don’t need to be massively strong, as the wheel and qr will hold the hanger in place.
    If we could actually see the whole bolt and what frame its for it might help though.

Northwind

You need to measure what you have tbh. Remember countersunk bolts are measured end to end- usually with bolts you just measure the shank and not the head, CS includes the whole thing.

I’d guess you’re looking at an M4x8 or thereabouts but no substitute for doing it properly. (slightly too long would be better than too short, if you don’t have good thread engagement it’ll tear out)

stevied
    Free Member

If it’s a 3mm allen key it’ll probably be M5, M4 is 2.5mm allen IIRC

Murray

What’s the bike make and model?

CalamityJames
    Free Member

It’s a 3mm Allen key fit so assume it’s an M5 then. Frame is a Stanton, but found a bolt from my old Cotic that fitted one that I lost..

andy4d

M5 countersunk would be my guess (i for one for my front deraileur blanking plate). Just not sure on the length, but about 5mm or so would be another guess.

tillydog
    Free Member

Length will be a smidgen less than the combined thickness of frame and hanger, so looks more like 8-10mm to me.

2p

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bolt help please…’ is closed to new replies.