Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • bolt/ fastner help
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

I know i have seen a type of bolt but i don;t know what it’s called or where to buy it..

A threaded bolt (probably cap head/ hex head) but the tip has a captive rotating plate.

Any ideas what they are called, or even where thay are used.

Please help….

tonyplym
    Free Member

Have you tried doing a Google Images search ? – might spot something that’s close without having to get the name exactly right.

chipster

Do you mean a captive washer under the bolt head, or at the thread end of the bolt, like a levelling foot?

thomthumb
    Free Member

Have you tried doing a Google Images search ?

yep – not even close – yet..

at the thread end of the bolt.

it’s not so much a foot – as the bolt still fits through it’s standard hole. eg m8.

nickdavies

What would it’s purpose be? The only thing I can think of that would be close to that is a set screw with rotating tip – normally a ball bearing or brass/plastic insert in the end.

nickdavies

kayak23

What are you trying to do with it?
    Might help narrow it down like.

thomthumb
    Free Member

it’s pushing against a plate – the bolt is to set the position of the plate.

The bolt is digging in to the plate (it’s stainless) – i thought that one of those screws with the ‘spinny tip’ would help. but bugger me i don’t know what they are!!

kayak23

It sounds a little bit like a variation of this sort of thing which is an adjustable or levelling foot.

You turn the bolt which freely turns in the plate.

Swelper
    Free Member

Think what your looking for is a toggle clamp stud. Quick google shows one in images

Can’t see.one in its raw form in the uk. But suggest a toggle clamp and strip out the stud and end

https://www.amazon.com/JW-Winco-Stainless-Assembly-Diameter/dp/B00G5754D0

carlos
    Free Member
    revs1972
    Free Member

I reckon you are thinking of this ??? The blind bolt

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘bolt/ fastner help’ is closed to new replies.