Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bologna
  • bigginge

So, I’ve got an unexpected 24 hours in Bologna by myself (starting pretty much now).

Very tempted to take it easy and eat too much, so does anyone have any recommendations?

martinhutch

Don’t ask for Spaghetti Bolognese. It doesn’t exist!

Just wander around, drink coffee, watch the world go by. The city centre is very compact. One of my favourite Italian cities.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Try da Silvio, didn’t make it when I was there but came highly recommended.
    Go up the outside of the basilico, it’s a good view from the top.

Oh it’ll be heaving with it being Easter but a lot of the very central bit will be temporarily pedestrianised over the weekend.

bigginge

Well, one coffee down and starting to wonder if beer might not be more appropriate.

Also realised that I didn’t pack my plug adapter so will need to go on the hunt for one of those soon or I may have to do without the the collective wisdom of the forum.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Go to the GD factory for a fun filled afternoon.

fatmess
    Free Member

see if you can get a spot on the Ducati tour/museum. well worth it. short taxi ride away

plumber
    Free Member

If you are at all interested in art then the museum is one of the better ones I’ve been to.

And I have been to many

I enjoyed eating here – La Prosciutteria Bologna – Via Guglielmo Oberdan 19/a | angolo Via San Simone, 40126 Bologna, Italy

scotroutes

see if you can get a spot on the Ducati tour/museum. well worth it. short taxi ride away

Best if you actually turn up on a Ducati. And have ridden from Scotland.  😉

weeksy

We found some little posh shopping place, indoor. Stupid expensive shops but they had a little restaurant upstairs and the food was amazing!

Food market downstairs, not shopping place apparently.

sadexpunk

Bookmarked as there for 2 weeks in august……

tonyg2003

I’ve been a couple of times. Lovely little town. Wander round the very old windy food district, stop buy some great food, stop to eat/drink and get some superb Parmesan. Visit the uni (especially the surgical theatre). They argue whether they or Cambridge are the oldest. Walk up a leaning tower etc.. I’d also (if you are into cars) take a train to Modena and visit the Ferrari and/or Lambo museum and buy some amazing balsamic vinegar.

bigginge

Well, I’ve mostly been wandering about (quite lost most of the time due to my phone battery going flat) and eating/drinking. In all very pleasant, though I’ve not managed to make it to any of the “proper” tourist attractions.

Dinner was at Gessetto Ristorante and was rather pleasant; particularly liked the semifraddo. Ended up in a nice little wines shop nearby after, not sure what the name was but the proprietor and his dog were very friendly and the wine was rather nice too.

May need to sleep now. It’s hard drinking wine by the bottle when there is only one of you.

bigginge

PS. It is a very walkable town, I managed to get out into the suburbs/countryside in less than an hour but did miss the park up in a hill that I was aiming for. I imagine there would be some nice views to be had if you had some better navigation than I’ve managed. May try again in the morning.

eulach

Watch out for Milo Minderbinder

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bologna’ is closed to new replies.