Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Boilers (again) – relocating current boiler – replace at same time?
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

My current boiler is 8/9 years old, Worcester Bosch, not causing any isssues.

I want it moved out my kitchen as it frees up the layout for a new kitchen install.

Was a little surprised to read the lifespan of a new boiler is only 10/15 years, so wondering if I may as well bite the bullet and just have a new one fitted. Wasn’t planning on the extra 2.5k for a new boiler install, but have no plans in the short medium term to move, so wouldn’t be completely wasted.

can you sell / trade in fully functioning boilers? Seems a waste to throw something out that still functions

wobbliscott
    Free Member

My boiler was a bit older than yours and by law they couldn’t re-fit it so you might not get a choice. Not sure what the cut off date is. But if it’s working fine, still a model that is supported by the manufacturer then I don’t see why not.

jam-bo

If you are moving it, that will cost pretty much as much as a new install minus the cost of a new boiler.

We bought new as the plumber we are using couldn’t guarantee that our old Worcester would take to the move very well and then you’d be in for a new boiler anyway plus they’d probably have to move the pipe work and fluework to fit the new one.

tjagain

I think I would.  The extra cost should be a lot less than £2500.  My new top of the range Valiant boiler was a lot less than that

footflaps

If you are moving it, that will cost pretty much as much as a new install minus the cost of a new boiler.

How on earth do you work that out? I’ve moved ours and it’s a day’s effort and the cost of a few m of copper pipe and a new flue (£50). Way cheaper than buying a new boiler plus all the same costs to install it in the new location.

My boiler was a bit older than yours and by law they couldn’t re-fit it so you might not get a choice.

You sure it wasn’t just British Gas lying and getting you to buy a new one (their service teams get commission on any new work they can persuade you to pay for)? Ours is 30+ years old and been moved twice without any issues.

jam-bo

doesnt much sound like the OP is planning to do it themselves and the bulk of the cost outside the boiler is labour.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Boilers (again) – relocating current boiler – replace at same time?’ is closed to new replies.