Boiler insurance

Home Forum Chat Forum Boiler insurance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Boiler insurance
  • Is this something that people have? I’m going to be renting out my house when I move to France at the end of the month and I’m just thinking of what safety measures to have in place if anything goes wrong in the house.

    I guess I’ll chat to some sparkys and plumbers and have them as contacts for the tennants. Anyone have any advise?


    I have found the British Gas HomeCare insurance to be excellent and great value in my opinion. That’s for a privately owned house though – I assume they have different rates for landlords.


    BG HomeCare is the only one worth having, esp. if you have a more-complex-than-normal heating system. From what I can tell of the others there’s a huge list of exclusions in the small print, notably unvented cyclinders, motorised valves and pressure regulators on the rising main, all of which are prone to failure.

    Just remember to cancel the deal every year and buy “new”, that way you always get the “introductory” rate. Don’t tell them you’re renting, they won’t know and the sub-contractor who actually turns up won’t care.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Boiler insurance’ is closed to new replies.