Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Bodged Pipedream Sirius build (pics)
  • el_boufador

Pics from building up my new frame yesterday…

Enough parts for a bike plus a small boy. We begin.

The correct tools for fitting a headset (boy optional)

Getting there

Temporary shim (think I will get a new uppy-downy post soon)

A hub

Done!

I've only popped out round the woods for 10 minutes so far – initial impressions are very good (though I am already missing the gravity dropper seatpost on my full suss). Looking forward to using it in anger this week 🙂

Feel free to praise / abuse as you see fit.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Looking good! Any idea on the weight?

What a coincidence! I have one of these on the way, and I bought the same rear hub for it! Tell me, does the cassette body on yours have a bit of tightening when you backpedal?

psychle
    Free Member

that is a loooooong seatpost! Is it past minimum insertion??

HTTP404
    Free Member

chain looks a tad slack and your seatpost looks way too low – can it go higher? 🙂

PeteJSmithy
    Free Member

Nice looking bike, always fancied one of these.
    Like the green as well… 🙂

Clink

Nice colour. Watch out for low flying aircraft whilst your up on that there seat! 😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

that is a mad lomg seatpost, whats the worst that could happen?

Bendigo
    Free Member

Very nice – is that Orc green?

druidh
    Free Member

I take it the small frame was at a bargain price and you couldn't afford one that fitted?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Seatpost height looks fine to me. Frame looks a tad noodly but otherwise great!

ampthill

I love the climbing frame!

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm confused, just checked the website and the black or bling ti come in at £346, but the page says £295.

Do they seriously charge £50 delivery?

Kuntoilija
    Free Member

295 + vat is the price

oxnop
    Free Member

Thats the VAT innit

I wanted to buy the Ti version as they are advertised at £699 but £821 when you go to pay 🙁

steve_b77
    Free Member

That's really a bit on the cheeky side don't you think.

The price on the page should have a +vat bit on it.

oxnop
    Free Member

That's really a bit on the cheeky side don't you think

Yep – I could just about justify £699.99 😆

MSP

They have only become vat registered this week, so you should have bought one earlier 😉

The green looks nice, can't wait for mine to arrive.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Tall rider buys frame too small shocker! Lol

Kato

Tall rider buys frame too small shocker!

Of course, we'll hear the "makes it more chuckable" line

dmiller
    Free Member

But makes it more chuckable if its a smaller frame. BMX's are small aint they?

vinnyeh

Nice looking frame there. I'd really like one at the moment.

'm confused, just checked the website and the black or bling ti come in at £346, but the page says £295.

Thats the VAT innit

I wanted to buy the Ti version as they are advertised at £699 but £821 when you go to pay

I don't get those prices at checkout- just £10 upcharge on the Sirius for postage, a bit more on the Ti?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

They've only just had to VAT register last week, so I'd guess this is a work around until they get a chance to sort the website more comprehensively.

el_boufador

nixon_feind,

No idea on weight but it feels 'quite light'. I'll get round to measuring it at some point.

The hub does have a bit of resistance when freewheeling, but in use it is fine. I fitted a different sprocket and overtightened the lockring, which made it much worse – so may be worth backing the lockring off a bit if it is an issue?

Ooooo ooo his seatpost is too long!

Sod ye: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/longest-seat-post-competition

letmetalktomark

Lovely.

My black R853 Sirius is currently waiting being built – bit of a delay re forks….. 🙄

Out of interest what travel are your forks? Look like 130mm 😕

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Looks nice. What size frame is it? I'm just waiting on DHL to get my "bling Ti" coloured frame (aka silver) to me, hope to get it today and then start the build slowly over the next few days as some components start to arrive in the post.

los
    Free Member

Glad I got mine for £225 when they planned to build it in 725, then honoured their quote when they changed to 853. No postage or VAT. Good chaps!

el_boufador

It's a 19.5". Running Revelations set to 130mm – doesn't feel wandery at all – very tight

another angle:

IamSam
    Free Member

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its green

Really like it Neil 😀

look forward to seeing it in the flesh, steel whatever

PS liking the seat post comments

el_boufador

Yeah I like it too. Best looking bike I own. I will ruin that soon enough by adding a gravity dropper and getting it filthy / scratching it up.

You know when you get a new toy and like going for a little peek at it? Well that was me yesterday – kept just popping out to the garage for a little look and rubbing my hands up and down my trousers.

Might be just me!

IamSam
    Free Member

oh thats sweet.

Know exactly what you mean though when I got the Zesty it lived in the dining room for ages just so I could have a look at it all the time plus it was cleaned after every ride, I even polished it once or twice.

It'll look better once its had a bit of off road love any how.

rOcKeTdOg

it woould look lovely if the wheels were in proportion to the frame/seatpost/height of the bars, consider 29er?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

it woould look lovely if the wheels were in proportion to the frame/seatpost/height of the bars, consider 29er?

That quote and similar are becoming very very **** irritating.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

That quote and similar are becoming very very **** irritating.

Dont let it bother you, its only a bike.

rOcKeTdOg

irritating or not, it looks out of proportion, as you can't tell how it rides from looking at a picture you'll see i haven't commented on the ride, just how it looks

KINGTUT
    Free Member

and as we know it's all about looks in the mtb world

To most on here possibly, not everyone though.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing the Ti version!!!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Hmph.

Me too.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Cheers for the info on the hub & weight. Looking forward to mine.

If, as a tall chap, you fancy having a play with bigger hoops.. the frame will accept 650B wheels quite happily .. which is how I'm building mine.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Where did you get the 650b wheels from?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Hmph.

Me too.

STILL waiting?! Good grief.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Bodged Pipedream Sirius build (pics)’ is closed to new replies.