Bobbing rear fox shock when climbing steep hills out of the saddle

Home Forum Bike Forum Bobbing rear fox shock when climbing steep hills out of the saddle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bobbing rear fox shock when climbing steep hills out of the saddle
  • crikey

De do dat dow don’t de?

argoose

A hardtail will sort that for you

Junkyard

yes when you put pressure on a shock it compresses and standing up puts more pressure on it.

It is usually less than you think it is
    I almost never get out the saddle on my Orange 5 as it pointless

We all notice this so either get a bike designed to avoid this – DW , faux bar etc or dont stand up

Rorschach

When riding uphill I tend to get out of breath,it doesn’t happen as much downhill.
    I think it is because of gravity.
    Does anyone else notice this.

flanagaj

I agree that remaining seated is the way and I usually always climb seated, but I find that when I am completely spent remaining seated is not an option, especially, when I am already in the lowest gear I have. It’s either stand and stomp or get off and push

Water

When riding uphill I tend to get out of breath,it doesn’t happen as much downhill.
    I think it is because of gravity.
    Does anyone else notice this.

😆

bigyinn

They all do that. Try not to really stomp on the pedals when standing up, reduces the bobbing quite a bit.

It probably has a compression damping lever. Flick it into pro pedal mode and it will reduce the wallowyness. Could shove a bit more air in to increase spring rate. Make one change at a time and small amounts. You won’t eliminate it entirely even on a vpp Dw or maestro designed bike.

flanagaj

It is pretty inflated as I was on a bike packing trip. I must add that feeling spent was after 10 hours in the saddle. Back to back days as well :-O

Not sure bikepacking and me are really suited

flanagaj

I find that if I get out of the saddle when climbing a steep climb with a low cadence I can feel the rear Fox RP23 shock bobbing far too much. When it bobs I know that I am wasting energy with each peddle stroke.

I think it is due to the fact that when climbing out of the saddle on the mtb I find it harder to peddle smooth circles like you can when seated. As a result I become a bit of a stomper.

Anyone else notice the bobbing when climbing out of the saddle?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bobbing rear fox shock when climbing steep hills out of the saddle’ is closed to new replies.