Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Boba Fatts fight to become Boba Thinn
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Continuing the further adventures of my fight to become a better, less rotund person, I ventured out on the bike today……properly

Went for a blast (ahem) up Threpmuir and the Pentlands……ok, i went to see how far I could do without killing myself. 6 miles give or take of reasonable gentle off road, nothing too major.

Even though it was freezing and I seemed to be wearing the coldest shoes this side of flip-flops I managed to get myself and the bike dirty (cue crappy phone pic)

Although i am a little kernackered, i don’t yet feel like passing out or stuffing my face with fried egg rolls – trying to cut down on the rubbish food so some soup for lunch *slurp*

Token picture of me pretending to be an extra from Call Of Duty Modern Warfare – Stay frosty!

Had so much fun i’m going to squeeze in a road ride before work tomorrow 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

good work old bean 🙂 i gave in to temptation and weighed myself yesterday… turns out i’ve lost a stone

just gotta keep cracking now, sticking with the healthier eating over christmas will be my biggest challenge

Hohum
    Free Member

Have you managed to stay off the cigarettes?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

err, um, ooh, ah!!!

ok, i’d be telling porkies if I said yes. After reading the advice on here I changed my mind a bit and have decided to do it in stages. I’d make up some excuse but what’s the point, I have let myself down on that score.

On a plus point though, the not nibbling everything in sight is going well. I’m pumped to do more exercise and I’m right of my medication too…….although if someone would like to tell me when the feelings of complete detachment are likely to stop then that would be swish

kaesae
    Free Member

Good on you mate! any idea about a new user name, or will you just add to the existing one?

Stick at it, spend the fag and food money on a nice new bike 8)

ridefree!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Boba Fitt?

Hohum
    Free Member

Boba Fatt – Member
    err, um, ooh, ah!!!

ok, i’d be telling porkies if I said yes. After reading the advice on here I changed my mind a bit and have decided to do it in stages. I’d make up some excuse but what’s the point, I have let myself down on that score.

On a plus point though, the not nibbling everything in sight is going well. I’m pumped to do more exercise and I’m right of my medication too…….although if someone would like to tell me when the feelings of complete detachment are likely to stop then that would be swish

To be honest I think that doing it in a phased approach is more sensible and more likely to succeed.

Good luck with it all.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Good going Bobba, everything in moderation. As for smoking, seeing my girlfriends dad die of cancer was enough to get me to quit. I couldn’t put my family through that. When I got a craving I looked at a photo of him, got upset, and replaced the cravings with that feeling. I didn’t plan on quitting using that method but i just fell into it. Keep going with the fitness 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

catflees46 – Member
    Good going Bobba, everything in moderation. As for smoking, seeing my girlfriends dad die of cancer was enough to get me to quit. I couldn’t put my family through that. When I got a craving I looked at a photo of him, got upset, and replaced the cravings with that feeling. I didn’t plan on quitting using that method but i just fell into it. Keep going with the fitness

I hate smoking, knowing that people will die and a lot of the time in an awful way.

Watching people do it for me is a nightmare!

Good on you for stopping.

Sorry to hear about you and your GF’s loss.

emsz
    Free Member

Good luck bobba. Can I have your extra? Despite weeks of sausage sandwiches I’m back down to 42kg again. Want to be 45. Any ideas?

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

emsz – Squats and milk!

Twin
    Free Member

Emsz

Try the TwinPlan diet: Food, Beer & Rugby in large quantites.

Currently exactly three times heavier than yourself.

Jerry Springer and a crane for Christmas methinks…

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Yup, if your prime objective is losing the weight, do not try to give up smoking as well. I put on a couple of stone when I gave up just from snacking and sweets. One thing at a time or you will probably fail on both. Once you have lost some weight and started to get fitter there will be more motivation to keep off the ciggies.

Naranjada
    Free Member

You GO Bobba!

Like (I think) Kate Moss said, ‘…nothin tastes as good as skinny feels…’ …a wonderfully insightful phrase from such a dullard.

Regarding the smoking, there is some good quality help out there that’s free. Start by cutting down, have your first smoke later in the day, try roll-ups as they’re far less convenient – just little strategies and small wins to help you. I’ve heard good things about aversion therapy, NLP too. There are qualified folk who could possibly help you rein it in or even quit with one (admittedly excpensive) visit.

Good luck with all of that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Boba Fatts fight to become Boba Thinn’ is closed to new replies.