Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Bob Jackson of Leeds closing
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m guessing Mr Woodrup is something to do with Woodrup Cycles.

frankconway

Yep, one of the two Woodrup directors.

velocipede
    Free Member

Interesting thread I found on Facebook – says the buyers pulled out on Monday – right up until then they were still trading and taking orders – as Brant says, something must have happened in the background – shame

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chestrockwell

From Retrobike.

I found out yesterday, but I didn’t want to post anything till I’d actually spoken to Donald. Bob Jackson’s is closing.

I popped by this morning to collect a frame I’d dropped off before Christmas for a respray & Donald confirmed that at the very last minute even with all the financials in place, the actual guy who was supposed to have taken over running the business should have started this week. He didn’t, it’s over.

A sad day for Yorkshire bike building.

I wonder what Tony Woodrup has in mind for the brand now?

Nothing to do with Covid. All staff working, protected industry, full order book, just the salesman from a local BMW dealer changed his mind.. leaving three local investors (lead by Woodrup) with a name but no building.

New landlord had prepared a three year lease, but no one paid the first months rent.

velocipede
    Free Member

That’s more than a bit Sh1t – big shame for all concerned – maybe something will rise from the ashes – I must admit if I wasn’t so busy on my own business, I’d be really tempted to have a bash at this –

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Maybe they should have answered Brant’s email.

damascus
    Free Member

Let’s crowd source @brant in return for a discount off his first batch of frames?

Would love to see what he’d do with no one to hold him back.

As he said, the scandal he’s just designed is the best bike he’s ever made. He’s on a roll.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Has anyone asked the Sick! gang if they fancy putting some money in?

simondbarnes

@brant doesn’t need crowd sourcing. He’s making millions selling jeans, socks and ponchos.

Blower
    Free Member

just seen this..

somet i would to have invested in..

trying to get out of the building game my bodies foooked.

.. and also known bob jackson and woodrup through my childhood with my parents having both of these frames etc some thing of a an interest indeed.

thepodge
    Free Member

Thats all sounding more positive

ElShalimo

I think the posts above from 5 months ago hint at something happening within 6 months…..anyone know what’s happening at Jacksons?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Bob Jackson of Leeds closing’ is closed to new replies.