Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 199 total)
  • Bob Crow dead
  • julianwilson
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be hypocritical enough to mourn the loss of the type of Trades Union Leader that inflicts misery on others for his own ends.

I’m not sure he did all that for his own ends, if he was doing his job then he did it for RMT members, surely? He didn’t really get paid all that much, (iirc 140k) considering the size of the union and the amount its members get paid because of his work.

Set aside that the organisation he headed being a union for a moment. Where else would a chief executive of such a large company/body/organisation get paid so little for changing so much for its members/employees/shareholders?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Get yourself a sense of perspective. People had to make alternative travel arrangements for a couple of days. well boo hoo for them

Especially since even with the strikes in place they still had a better range of transport options than virtually any other town in the country.

solman
    Free Member

wow. is english a foreign language on here? since when does using the word “significant” mean mild inconvenience?

significant here means, life changing. Huge impact. Not being able to be there for someone in time.

sbob
    Free Member

ransos – Member

In case you hadn’t noticed, most British workers aren’t unionised.

Well aware of that, unaware of your point.

binners

since when does using the word “significant” mean mild inconvenience?

I’m guessing its when you’re under the impression that you should just stand there, while the whole ****ing world revolves around you 😆

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

aye, didn’t agree with him, but it’s good we have a country where there can be a strong voice against the government/policy that gets listened to – we might not like the outcome e.g. strikes etc, but society needs people like that

Pigface
    Free Member

His dog was called Castro 😆

grum
    Free Member

Sorry, you’ve lost me, i must have missed the bit where all the thatcher haters got locked up

I was questioning your use of the term ‘not allowed’. It’s a classic piece of right wing bollocks.

dragon
    Free Member

He’s not a war criminal FFS.

Hang on he did support Millwall FC.

ransos
    Free Member

Well aware of that, unaware of your point.

The point is that where union membership is encouraged (Germany) we have better industrial relations, better terms and conditions, and better productivity.

easygirl

Hildodger
    When you die, get one of yiur family to email me, and ill come and dance on your grave.

Thats disgusting isnt it, well yiu started it

totalshell

didnt like his politics BUT massive respect to a bloke who went out with his heart on his sleeve and fought for his union every day.

he didnt do compromise he didnt do idle threats he didnt do anything other than slog his guts out for his members

RIP big fella RESPECT.

sbob
    Free Member

ransos – Member

The point is that where union membership is encouraged (Germany) we have better industrial relations, better terms and conditions, and better productivity.

Which we may have been able to have here, if it wasn’t for the unionists.

ads678

Grum – I do have bollocks but neither the left or the right one has wings. I try not to be a political person so i did not know that ‘not allowed’ was a political term. I just thought that people getting flamed for having an opinion on a dead man was a bit rich given the shit that was spouted after Thatchers death.

Personally I think it’s bad taste to slag off the dead, regardless of your opinion of them, but it just seems a bit like it’s ok for one side to do it but not the other.

Any way, I’m boring myself now………….

ransos
    Free Member

Which we may have been able to have here, if it wasn’t for the unionists.

1. They have it in Germany, where management encourage union membership and employee representation (which is required by law in large companies).

2. We don’t have it here, where labour laws are weaker, and most workplaces do not have union or employee representation.

Gee, I wonder what the connection is?

ransos
    Free Member

Personally I think it’s bad taste to slag off the dead, regardless of your opinion of them, but it just seems a bit like it’s ok for one side to do it but not the other.

I think it’s bad taste to rejoice in the death of an old, senile woman, but perfectly reasonable to object the virtual deification we saw. State funeral? FFS.

Pigface
    Free Member

How can you compare Thatcher and Crow, one was Prime Minister for a good few years, was involved in two major conflicts, huge chnges to the social and industrial landscape of the counrty etc etc and one was a Trade Union leader.

hora
    Free Member

Anyway RIP Bob.

ads678

I wasn’t comparing the people, but the fact that it’s ok for people to sing hallelujah when one dies but not ok for people to do the same when the other dies.

Any way that’s me done on the subject.

sbob
    Free Member

We don’t have it here

…because the country voted in a leader on the promise that she would smash the greedy unrealistic unions.
    It’s because of dinosaurs like Scargill that we don’t have the relationship that Germany enjoys between union and employer.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I wasn’t comparing the people, but the fact that it’s ok for people to sing hallelujah when one dies but not ok for people to do the same when the other dies.

^

this

Junkyard
    Free Member

wow. is english a foreign language on here? since when does using the word “significant” mean mild inconvenience?

significant here means, life changing. Huge impact. Not being able to be there for someone in time.
    I think you have had enough time now so what story would you like to fabricate tell us that Bob Crowe changed your life and the tube would have made all the difference

FWIW I have seen sliding doors is it like that?

allthepies
    Free Member

Lovely characters on display here.

grum
    Free Member

Can you find some examples of the same person saying it’s ok to celebrate Thatcher’s death but not Bob Crow’s? Because otherwise you’re just making a basic logical fallacy.

Clearly people are ‘allowed’ to say whatever they like about Bob Crow, as they were about Thatcher. It’s a classic right wing whinge to claim that you aren’t ‘allowed’ to say certain things, when it’s patently not true.

FWIW I thought celebrating Thatcher’s death was a bit tasteless – even though she was a vile woman who cosied up to some of the world’s worst murderers like Pinochet.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Anyone know the cause …. ?

Bird Flu ?

jon1973
    Free Member

The mans actions affected my life significantly in the last strike

You do realise they do an Eastenders omnibus on a Sunday afternoon?

ransos
    Free Member

..because the country voted in a leader on the promise that she would smash the greedy unrealistic unions.
    It’s because of dinosaurs like Scargill that we don’t have the relationship that Germany enjoys between union and employer.

You do realise that the miners’ strike was 30 years ago? Even if what you say is true (which it isn’t), that’s a very long time for successive governments to establish a German-style model. They haven’t, because they don’t want to. Meanwhile, the gap between rich and poor continues to grow – I’m sure you’ll try to tell us that’s the fault of the unions too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hush with your rational points we are throwing straw mans/ad homs/abuse at each other depending on what side of the political fence you sit

No need for rationality here

Northwind

derekfish – Member

I wouldn’t be hypocritical enough to mourn the loss of the type of Trades Union Leader that inflicts misery on others for his own ends.

…and the ends of his members. Now tell me, where do you stand on the sort of business leader that inflicts misery on their employees? Or for that matter, on the sort of business leader that in conjunction with union leaders creates the conditions for a strike? It takes 2 to tango.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Boris just gave him quite a nice “thumbs up” on the BBC News…

sbob
    Free Member

ransos – Member

You do realise that the miners’ strike was 30 years ago?

Yes, I remember it.

Even if what you say is true (which it isn’t)

We’ve already established we have a difference of opinion.

that’s a very long time for successive governments to establish a German-style model. They haven’t, because they don’t want to. Meanwhile, the gap between rich and poor continues to grow – I’m sure you’ll try to tell us that’s the fault of the unions too.

No, it’s Thatcher’s fault. Just ask binners.

footflaps

Yep, I blame Thatcher too.

dazh

With all this talk of how evil the unions are and what a money-grabbing hypocrite Bob Crow was, perhaps it’s a good time to point out that on the same day as his death, the chief executive of the Coop has thrown his dummy out of the pram and resigned because he feels the job is too difficult for the derisory pay of 3 million a year.

ransos
    Free Member

We’ve already established we have a difference of opinion.

Yes, you think it’s simple and I think it’s complicated.

Mostly though not exclusively. It’s certainly not the fault of the unions, which proves what I’m saying.

IHN

the chief executive of the Coop has thrown his dummy out of the pram and resigned because he feels the job is too difficult for the derisory pay of 3 million a year.

Well, no, but nice try.

IHN

It’s certainly not the fault of the unions

Is it Binners’ fault?

sbob
    Free Member

Mostly though not exclusively. It’s certainly not the fault of the unions, which proves what I’m saying.

Proves what you’re saying?
    😆
    Do remember when Thatcher was voted in?
    Do you remember why she was voted in?

I’ll give you a clue: I’ve already told you.

dragon
    Free Member

the chief executive of the Coop has thrown his dummy out of the pram and resigned because he feels the job is too difficult for the derisory pay of 3 million a year.

No denying his pay and others are over the top, but I think he is right about Co-op its a giant mess.

derekfish
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    derekfish – Member

…and the ends of his members. Now tell me, where do you stand on the sort of business leader that inflicts misery on their employees? Or for that matter, on the sort of business leader that in conjunction with union leaders creates the conditions for a strike? It takes 2 to tango.

They are equally to blame, but let’s consider who the business leader represents here? As with the case of the Coal Board back in the Gormley days, it was the state, that is you and me, so what was the eventual outcome? The pitiful situation we have today, by Gormley creating the seventies ransom, Thatcher became empowered to wreak her havoc. Bob Crows confrontational style will only hasten the inevitable automation with little public sympathy for the job losses and inevitable safety and insecure feelings that an automated tube system will bring.

footflaps

Do you remember why she was voted in?

Yes, she said ‘Look, if you f*** everyone else over and only care about yourself, you just might get lucky and be one of the well off.’ and about 43% of the voters said, ‘yep, I’ll take that, I never liked my neighbours anyhow’.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 199 total)

The topic ‘Bob Crow dead’ is closed to new replies.