Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Boat of Garten – recommendations
  • scruff9252

My heavily pregnant wife and I are off to Boat of Garten this month for a few days as a last trip away for just the two of us.

We’ve been to Aviemore a good few times so know some of the Rothemurchus / Ryovan / Loch an Eilean walks quite well, but looking for suggestions for gentile walks, <10km we can do in the area. Preferably with nice views / get some photos of the early autumnal colours.

Also any recommendations on where would be nice to eat as a wee surprise treat for my wife would be appreciated..?

Thanks!

dissonance

The RSPB reserve at Loch Garten should have a few walking options although long time since I have been there.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Try Anderson’s restaurant in Boat. It’s quite highly rated.

There are lots of nice paths through the woods at Boat of Garten. Have a look on Komoot or OS we recently had a nice walk from the pump track south through the woods then back to Boat via Kinchurdy road. There are also nice walks in the forest next to Carrbridge and there’s the Abernethy forest walks at Nethy Bridge/Loch Garten.

I’d recommend a coffee stop at Nethy House cafe. Great for coffee and cake or lunches.

Another nice trip out is the steam train from Boat to Aviemore.

robertajobb

Only other thing I’d add is to book / phone up before. We were up there a few weeks ago, and quite a few places are short staffed, so having to run at reduced capacity (plenty of tables but nobody to serve or cook for then! Another Brexit benefit 😖)

As per an earlier post, Andersons came recommended to us by a few people.( But we couldn’t get a table when we wanted to go).

arrpee
    Free Member

Ate in Anderson’s a couple of weeks ago and it was totally decent. The Italian menu options generally seemed to come out best. Definitely book beforehand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.