Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Boardman Pro, bargain. Im tempted.
  • GaryLake
    Free Member

120mm isn’t 4″ it is 4.75″

Rebas have gone up to 120mm this year haven’t they… 🙁

*facepalm*

tang
    Free Member

saw that confusion with the forks. the mag review has pics of the 120 maxle in the test and is on the spec list. bad mistake if theyre not on the real spec, surly they wouldnt send a test bike off with the wrong kit on?

Houns

I am sure they are 120 maxle. All the bikes i’ve seen are maxle but most are demos, will confirm tomorrow when back in work

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ourmaninthenorth

How many people do you actually know like this in real life though??

Almost every MTBer I meet. Most, unless it’s because they tend to work in IT and have issues anyway – tend not to look one you the eye, but inspect the bike you’re on.

Unlike roadies, who just inspect your legs for shaving/no shaving…. 😉

richc
    Free Member

Hmmm, also anyone know if the wheels and ritchey rims are anygood? as that seems to be where some companies try and save some money.

Houns

I’m using one of the Hybrids at the moment with ritchey rims on, doing a fair bit of off road stuff that they aren’t really designed for and they are standing up well

bent_udder
    Free Member

There’s one of those Time Trial frames in the local Bikehut to me in Dorking High Street. It looks pretty fantastic.

They also have one of the FS frames in, and, frankly, it looks like a very sorted bike.

Bear in mind that larger companies can get lower prices, as they buy stuff in higher multiples. Smaller brands like Boardman will have to pay a little bit more for the parts they buy in, because they can’t sell 10,000+ of each model.

I also thought Bikehut was being folded back into Halfrauds proper – might cut the available channels for Boardman bikes…

gingerflash

Just worth noting that while the mountain bikes are bargains, the time trial frame and forks are £2499!

bent_udder
    Free Member

Yeah, but the inside of the forks and rear triangle is painted yellow. YELLOW, I tell you! That’s easily worth two grand.

avalanche
    Free Member

I read somewhere that they skirt a licensing issue re the rear suspension by only selling the bike in the UK. thereby reducing costs through not having to pay royalties on the design.

bent_udder
    Free Member

I read somewhere that they skirt a licensing issue re the rear suspension by only selling the bike in the UK. thereby reducing costs through not having to pay royalties on the design.

Yep-ish. Lapierre and Cotic also have a pivot on the chainstay, theoretically making them Horst Links. However, a license fee is not payable if the bike is sold outside the US only. The Horst Link Patent is only applicable in the US. Scott did the same thing for a while, too.

james
    Free Member

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Pro, bargain. Im tempted.’ is closed to new replies.