Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Boardman Bikes – Long Wait For Bikes Ends Today
  • Mark

The ongoing shortage of bikes and parts continues to affect us all. Whether you are looking for a new bike or just trying to keep your existing bike(s …

By mark

Get the full story on our front page at:

Boardman Bikes – Long Wait For Bikes Ends Today

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

reminds me of Lynn telling Alan to downsize and drive a mini metro. My inner snob says no

snotrag

Mine did for a long time but I fondly remember my (2017?) FS Pro for which I paid only £1000 and had Pikes GX 1×11, Guide brakes, and was genuinely a really good bike.

ads678

It might be the best bike the world, but look at it.🤢

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Looks like an old SC Nomad, or one of the longer travel Whytes.

agis2012
    Free Member

Its gopping. Shame as good value.

IdleJon

Isn’t the article just an advert for Halfords? Will there be similar adverts for other big bike shops who have a few bikes in stock? 😀

ayjaydoubleyou

It might be the best bike the world, but look at it.🤢

better than contemporary Whytes, GTs, most Cannondales to my eyes at least.

feed

Beauty in the eye of the……..

I think it looks amazing.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Mine did for a long time but I fondly remember my (2017?) FS Pro for which I paid only £1000 and had Pikes GX 1×11, Guide brakes, and was genuinely a really good bike

Still got mine. Been a great bike. Not sure what I’d ‘upgrade’ to next tho.

blitz

That FS Pro with the Pikes has surely got to have a strong shout for the best bang for buck bike of all time? My mate still rides his and has been all over with it.

Not keen on the looks of this model though but still good VFM in the current climate.

zerocool

Did the curve all the tubes just to fit a bottle in the front triangle? It would look better with a straight top and down tube

IdleJon

It would look better with a straight top and down tube

That would be the previous model – they curved the tubes a few years ago. Of course, if they straightened the tubes it would look even more old fashioned, because all you’re looking at is a standard 4 bar suspension design.

zerocool

No one said that old fashioned looked bad. Change for the sake of change is silly. But then I guess they need to show that it’s different and that they can hydroform now.
    It just sees strange that they’ve bowed the TT upwards. As said above it looks like MK1 Nomad which also looks dated.

hooli

If you take off the tanwalls I think it looks fine, good value too.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I like tan walls – all bikes look better with tan walls to me.

Oblongbob

I like Boardman generally (I have a boardman road bike and it’s been great) but I agree that it looks terrible. Not entirely sure why, but the front half is just wrong. I say this as someone with a Whyte s150 which I think looks nice, so maybe I should be disqualified.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Bikes – Long Wait For Bikes Ends Today’ is closed to new replies.