Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • BMX needed – Worthy cause, any ideas
  • ashmonkey
    Free Member

As part of my work I am dealing with a family who are fleeing an extremely nasty situation. They had to move to another area of the country and leave all their belongings.
    I am working with a young lad in this family who has expressed a keen interest in getting a BMX, he has lost his due the recent problems.

I work for a charity so funds are extremely limited. Any ideas how I can get a used BMX for very little money. There are local charities but they recycle old mountain bikes etc
    This lad is not expecting anything but a half decent BMX would make a massive difference to him, considering what the family have been through I am really keen to find something.
    In the Oxfordshire/Berkshire area

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Don’t know about sourcing the bike, but I’d like to chip in some cash to help the purchase – can I do that?

spchantler
    Free Member

cycle recycle in hebden bridge will probably give you one for nowt, one of the people that works there commutes to london so may be able to sort out delivery? let me know, i can go down this aft and have a look see if there’s one there in a decent enough state

tthew

Looked on Freecycle.org?
    Keep an eye out on your local groups, something will probably turn up.

bookwyse
    Free Member

How old is the lad as may be able to assist with a bike?

matt_outandabout

There is a nice Specialized bmx locked up, not moved in a couple of years and two flat and sun-bleached tyres at a location in Stirling that I keep meaning to “liberate”….

ashmonkey
    Free Member

He’s 14, average height. I have approx. £40 already. No idea if this will be enough.

qwerty
    Free Member

You could try asking here: http://www.jolerider.org/shop/the-bike-shed

MikeG

I’ve got an x-rated snare sat in the garage which you’re welcome to if we can sort transport from Leicestershire.
    It needs one spoke/nipple replacing in the front wheel and new pads in the rear vbrake but otherwise seems in very good condition. I rescued it from the tip and had vaguely thought about using it as the basis of a tadpole trike but realistically that will never happen!
    email in profile if you’d like some pics or more details.

beej

The Newbury furniture project recycles bikes as well – have you tried them?

http://www.cfpnewbury.org/index.php

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Stick a post up at Radbmx.com – I’m sure everyones got a few shonky old parts they can donate.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Would you collect from about 100 miles away…?

bentandbroken

6079…. Where are you? I could pick up and deliver to the OP FOC if you are anywhere between my home and Office +25ish miles either side/end of the route. Others may be able to it I am in the wrong place

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Yo ashmonkey!

I have a Haro park bike you can have. Can’t remember the name? I do remember it’s an F series, maybe an F3? Just need postage if that’s okay?

It’s not top of the line but my lad thought it was ace! Got him well on his way to rad skillz

It’s pretty much all black, it’s seen quite a bit of use but has plenty life left in it.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Down in Soviethampton these days! A 2012 half cromo, all sealed bearings adult model bought new in 2013 fyi

scaredypants

I have an unused Felt BMX in my garage no idea what model

Pretty heavy, but I suppose that = robust (may be typical weight for a BMX for all I know)

Purple IIRR

Near Southampton if you can collect

ashmonkey
    Free Member

Not such a bad bunch are you 😀

I can do Southampton, I live in north Hampshire so not a million miles away. If your sure, would make his day.

MarinNo8
    Free Member

There’s a GT Jaime Bestwick bmx for sale on a local Facebook hub page. Looks pretty good. If that is suitable, I’ll buy it and send it on. My email address is ti.marin@live.com

Regards,

Gareth

PePPeR

I have a Krave Berzerk, in gray with a gyro uprated Avid brake levers sat here, its hardly used and would be great, we were after £30 for it, I live at the other end of Oxfordshire.

scaredypants

ashmonkey – you have email

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘BMX needed – Worthy cause, any ideas’ is closed to new replies.