Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • BMW 5 Series Touring
  • doomanic

I did 60K miles in an ’07 E91 325D Touring before it got written off. I’d just finished paying for it and had decided to keep it for another 100k miles or death, which ever came sooner. Punto-**** made that decision for me. Apart from tyres and servicing I didn’t spend a penny on it and it was a great drive. The only thing wrong with it was the gearbox; I should have bought an auto.

I replaced it with a 2010 520D Touring auto. I wanted the newer shape and figured with the long commutes I was doing the smaller engine would be much cheaper to run (it’s not). In real terms it’s not much slower than the 325D until you chuck some corners into the mix and the 5 starts to show it’s size. It’s more comfortable than the 3er and better equipped but I just don’t feel the same way about it that I did the 3. I was gutted when that was written off. The 5 gets yet another car park scrape and I just go meh.

tall_martin

The 3 seems pretty massive to me

Think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen/heard that comment in relation to a 3-series

I parked my 3 in a space at a car dealer and in sainsbury today. It was slightly too long for both spaces, width was fine.

It all depends on your frame of reference I guess. If you have been in a 4×4 or some derivative, it will feel tiny. Coming from a Honda civic, it’s massive to me 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘BMW 5 Series Touring’ is closed to new replies.