Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BMW 120D Coupe M-Sport auto
  • craigxxl
    Free Member

My wife is looking at getting a 2010 BMW 120D Coupe M-Sport automatic. Anything I should be looking out for or reasons not to buy?

loddrik
    Free Member

or reasons not to buy?

The 123d.

hammyuk
    Free Member

^^ This – check it is actually a .0 – surprising how many aren’t!
    Unless you are looking at one of the £30 py tax models then just get the 123D

craigxxl
    Free Member

She wants an automatic and the 123d are manual from what I can see

Bimbler
    Free Member

Hateful cars, my old dear has had two 120d’s (hatchback), uncomfortable, terrible sports suspension, awful visibility, the interior is beyond bland, grey/black, feldgrau dour. Rear legroom is laughable and boot is tiny.

On the upside it’s well built and is pretty good to drive – except if it’s snowing in which case I recommend at least all weather tyres.

mashiehood
    Free Member

I had one, kinda agree with Bimbler – very uncomfortable ride, feels like you are sitting in a piece of coal and boot space / legroom is shocking.

Mine was super cheap to run, very reliable and fantastic to drive.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Good car if you don’t spec m sport suspension..

Offroading
    Free Member

Don’t buy one unless it’s doing 20K a year otherwise the DPF and EGR will fail. Pain in the arse to replace on them too. And mega ££££ of course.

That model year has issues with the timing chain failing early. Find out if it has been replaced (engine out job) otherwise don’t touch unless covered under some sort of warranty.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BMW 120D Coupe M-Sport auto’ is closed to new replies.