Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Blur LT/Nomad Help (chain guide)
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

My way is better. No drag, cheaper, silent and light. Just do it!

ulvaskar
    Free Member

Twohats: I have a Nomad without ICGS tabs. Have you managed to fit your around the BB?
    ulvaskar

deadkenny
    Free Member

A little old thread, though I’m fitting a guide to my Nomad so… 😉

You’re not supposed to use Taco style bashguards on Nomads (and probably Blurs too) as they invalidate the frame warranty.

Just to clarify. It doesn’t invalidate the frame warranty, it’s just if the ISCG tabs are broken they won’t give you a new frame. The frame is still under warranty for anything else.

To quote their FAQ:

Can I use a taco style bashguard on my Nomad?

Yes. However there are a couple things you need to know. If you sustain a heavy enough impact on your guard, it may damage or break the ISCG mount on your frame. If this happens, we will not give you a new frame under warranty. The frame still works, and you can still use a variety of chain guides and bash guards, but you might have to live with crumpled ISCG mounts. This will not effect the integrity of your frame, and we won’t hold it against you if you send your frame in for some other reason at some other point in time.

I think it would take a serious hit to break the tabs, and the taco would probably snap first. Still, it’s a typical lawyer warning to cover them.

So anyway, just fitting an X-Guide and hoping it doesn’t clash with the chainstay.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Blur LT/Nomad Help (chain guide)’ is closed to new replies.