Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Blur LTc bash guard for Shimano M785 2×10 cranks
  • zelak999
    Free Member

I’m trying to find out if anyone has successfully fitted a bash guard to a pre 2013 Blur LTc running a Shimano M785 2×10 crankset with 38/26 rings. (Not 3×10 with big ring taken off).
    There are a few 2x specific products out there (MRP & e13) but I’m trying not to splash a wedge to find out it won’t fit on the Blur.
    Any of you good folks had a positive experience with this?

thered

i have and my mate still does run MRP XCG’s on our Blur’s, I’ve just changed to an MRP 2X and after 2 rides it had swung back into the swing arm so jury’s out.

All mount between BB and chainset and have saved our chainrings on numerous occasions. My XCG is now for sale on the assumption that the 2X will be ok, it fits up to a 42 chainring.

thered

BTW My mate run’s M785, I run M985.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zelak999
    Free Member

Thanks thered.
    What caused the 2x to hit the chain stay? Did it cause any damage?
    You reckon it will work with a bit of a tweak?
    I prefer the 2x to the xcg.

thered

I don’t think I’d tightened everything up quite enough, didn’t do any damage, but it’s something I’m gonna keep an eye on

funkybaj
    Free Member

I had a demo ride on a 2013 Blur LT at the weekend. It was running the M785 with an E13 TRS+ bash guard, looked spot on.

zelak999
    Free Member

Cheers thered, please can you post back after a few rides for an update?
    I’m tempted but
    the 2x is best part of £100, if you don’t mind being my Guinea pig!
    funkybaj, I think the 2013 Blur has ISCG tabs for the chain device but thanks anyways.

zelak999
    Free Member

@ thered, any chance you can email me some pics of your 2x set up?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Blur LTc bash guard for Shimano M785 2×10 cranks’ is closed to new replies.