Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Blur LT2 to new 4X transformation?
  • Rickos
    Free Member

The Blur LT2 has a shock of 216mm with a stroke of 63mm to give 140mm travel. So, how much lower would the BB be with a 200mm shock or even a 190mm shock? 57mm stroke would be 126mm of travel and 50mm stroke would be 111mm travel, so could we have a short travel, low and slack razzer out of the LT2?

hora
    Free Member

A tinkerer…me like 😀

Rickos
    Free Member

I just wanna know how low that BB could be got to. Interesting idea me-thinks.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

have you got a geometry diagram?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yes, but…………………..

the eye to eye length at full compresion would also be shorter, so at some point (probably fairly early on) you’d find the rear wheel/swingarm/links hitting the frame/each other.

and………………….
    aren’t VPP’s ridiculously sensitive to sag settings? So by removing the first third of the travel you’d probably mess it all up (might even end up with a bike that exadgerates bob if you end up in the wrong part of the S-shaped axel path).

and…………….
    VPP’s are very progressive, so removing the first 5mm of stroke your removing 15mm of travel etc. And adding 5mm at the end (say in the case of realy sort shocks as the bottom out length decreaces) would be 5mm, or quite likely less (the shock might actualy be moving moe than the rear wheel).

Rickos
    Free Member

Ah well. Back to the drawing board…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Blur LT2 to new 4X transformation?’ is closed to new replies.