Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Blur LT Bearing replacements, how much??????
  • earl_brutus

So i pop in to the lbs for a quote to change the bearings on my sc blur lt, £120! wowser, the bearing kits are £35 is this this an easy home DIY job, anyone recommend me a good bearing extraction tool?

SBrock
    Free Member

Errr SC offer a lifetime warranty on bearings

purser_mark
    Free Member

Easyish job depending on your spanner skills. It will require hitting you frame with a mallet and drift to get the old bearings out, that can be a little disconcerting. You soon get pretty flippant after you have done it a few times.

You will also need the press tool to get them back in. I think it cost me £35 from the Santa Cruz uk website, well worth the money. If your handy with a lathe and have a mate with a CNC he could probably sort one out, otherwise buy the proper tool.

If you buy the service kit from Santa Cruz you get the loctite etc thrown in and I don’t think it’s massively over the odds on price, been a while since I have done it though, it may have gone up since!

earl_brutus

did my superlight bearing last year and that was a doddle, ill look at the press tool too then!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Blur LT Bearing replacements, how much??????’ is closed to new replies.