Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Blur 4x owners – i need your help please
  • fozzybear
    Free Member

As some of you know I’m selling all the stable but I still want one bike to use.
    I’m 5’7-8 and looking to get a blur 4x for my one and only bike for the occasional trail riding i will do and all sorts of riding on it.

do i go for a large and short stem or a medium and a ponger stem?

thanks

also any info about
    frame size, your height, stem length please.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Same height running a medium with a 70mm Thomson and Joplin (so a bit of layback). Feels perfect.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

If you are up in Scotland ever you can have a go of my large.

I’m 6’3″, like short bikes and use a 50mm stem and inline post.

It is no good for long days though.

stuartw

Mike
    Free Member

100% medium, I’m same height and ran mine with a 50mm stem/inline seatpost

SBrock
    Free Member

You had a Heckler then a Nomad, surely you are pretty good up SC geometry??

Did you sell your Nomad?…. Lovely colour I wanted one!

fozzybear
    Free Member

DBW thanks so much.. i’ve been stalking you to see your stats 🙂

Stu thats a kind offer but work and life is preventing me from getting much holiday or money atm 🙂

Steve
    the 4x is a little different, shorter TT and straighter seat post.

The nomad is for sale here atm.
    it’s yours for £1k mint condt.

SBrock
    Free Member

Not interested in a swap for a butcher & cash?

fozzybear
    Free Member

L sorry steve 🙂 i’ve have all sorts of offers 🙂 but i really want the cash sadly.

unless you have a 4x 😉

SBrock
    Free Member

I understand mate, what size is it? What shock on it? O god I am very tempted now

fozzybear
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/santa-cruz-nomad-mk2-medium-jalapeno-green-anno-lyrik-uturn-coil-tftuned

Here. as per me, i covered it with copter tape and rode it like a girl and being the fair weather rider i rarely got out on it 🙂

SBrock
    Free Member

Got you now, I take it the monarch hasn’t been used as you ran a coil shock, is that right? Ok im gonna sleep on it James but god I soo love the colour

fozzybear
    Free Member

yup was running a tftuned coil, that shock hasn’t had one full ride on it.

i pop’d it on and did a 1/2 loop of the woods to make sure all was well and didn’t need servicing but it’s as new, buttery.

Thanks for the info about the 4x.

any for sale? 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not selling mine (about to undergo a xmas makeover) but heres a pic of it in its current-ish guise:

Plans are for 150mm Revs, XT cranks, lighter pedals, RF Atlas FR 785mm mega low rise bars and a few other bits to easily knock a kilo off the total weight…

nickegg
    Free Member

Sorry, I’m abit late to this one!

Same height as OP and i’m on a medium with a 70mm stem and Inline post. Find it perfect for abit of everything, from DH uplift days to 4 hour trail rides. Only run 120mm forks at the moment but i managed fine on those at a recent uplift day at Hopton.

On the look out for something travel ajustable though as would prefer a higher front end for more DH days.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Blooming heck nick!

i’ll swap the nomad frame for your x4 plus cash my way 🙂

nickegg
    Free Member

I’m not selling the 4X, no chance. The crazy thing about it is that despite only having only 115mm tavel (which is great for bristol’s new super smooth trails) when you charge through rough stuff it feels like it has way more. Soaks up big hits superbly too with no obvious bottoming out either.

Sorry, that doesn’t help you at all does it?!

fozzybear
    Free Member

its helps yes, but not to me acquiring one 🙂

i may have to mug DBW!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

My Mrs is 5’8″ and rode a medium with a 70mm stem.

It was still a little on the small side to be fair. They are little bikes.

I had one, and now I have a Nomad (albeit a carbon one). To be fair, I think the Nomad is a better bike. It’s noticably lighter & a well set up shock means you don’t even realise it has 160mm travel.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Hob Nob.

That’s my issue with the nomad, it’s TOO good.
    You plough though stuff and don’t notice it, the most fun i’ve had was my mk3 heckler with 140mm travel.

I rode the alps, swiss DH, local loops, canals, dirt jumps all the time while not as “efficient and plush” it was a hoot to ride, just inspired me to jump off stuff (smiles for miles)

The nomad just takes everything in its stride and swallows the rough stuff, it removes the essence of MTB for me and i think it’s added to me quitting MTB as a full time hobby.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Blur 4x owners – i need your help please’ is closed to new replies.