Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Blur 4X out. Orange Alpine 160 in.
  • guitarhero
    Free Member

First new bike in nearly four years.
    Despite loving my Blur 4X more than is probably healthy, I couldn’t resist the lure of a shiny new bike, so the Blur has gone to a new home and this purple beauty (beast) takes it’s place.

Yum

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

ditch the second/lower cable mount and the rear cable run is almost completely straight from headtube to rear dropout, possibly why mine has the best shifting of any MTB Ive had since I ditched 8 speed.

tyre/rim/logo/valve alignment needs fine tuning.

White bars to complement forks and soon to be not so white saddle?

Looking good otherwise 8)

guitarhero
    Free Member

ditch the second/lower cable mount and the rear cable run is almost completely straight from headtube to rear dropout, possibly why mine has the best shifting of any MTB Ive had since I ditched 8 speed.

Cable routing needs a bit of work. I’ll have a look at that.

tyre/rim/logo/valve alignment needs fine tuning.

Meh, I have a life.

White bars to complement forks and soon to be not so white saddle?

Blue bars from my old bike a.t.m are a bit clashy. Thinking Renthals. Saddle is actually a year old and stays remarkably white surprisingly.

Looking good otherwise

Thanks

MRanger156
    Free Member

Wow, I want one of those. What’s it like going uphill?

guitarhero
    Free Member

Wow, I want one of those. What’s it like going uphill?

Slow, but sure. Climbs well actually. Seems to be well balanced. With the 1X10 gearing, I like to stand and crank when it gets steeper, and the geometry allows me to keep the back weighted nicely. Sitting at a tad under 32 lbs at the moment. A few careful upgrades will get me to 31 ish, so not too heavy either

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

climbs a hell of a lot better than the Mk1 Nomad it replaced in my case. Mine’s heavier than the OP’s (GD post, Easton f(l)atboy pedals, CCDB all heavy) and heavier than the Nomad but feels lighter as it climbs so well in comparison.

I’d believe you on having a life if the logos werent so close to being properly aligned rather than just having thrown the tyres on (mind you those logos go half way round the tyre!) 😀

What is the colour called? Heres mine in cruddy low res pic mode

swiftyx2
    Free Member

Looking Good,!!!!!!

You tried it down stuff much ?,
    Bet it is awesome,!!!.

Think of going double/single on my Marin, but not sure the old legs will cope going up, lol

All the best and have fun with it.
    Steve

guitarhero
    Free Member

Sinbad purple I believe. Your pics not working Munqe-chick.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Not too much swifty, as I’ve had exams and family commitments. But what I have done has been awesome 😉

-Shines-
    Free Member

Looks really nice, i’ve heard people slate the colour before but I think that sinbad purple looks really good.

Here is mine, it now has a Reverb post so currently weighs in at around 33lbs, It climbs excellent (my pervious bike was a Blur LTc and bike previous to that was a Mojo SL so I think I would know if it climbed like a dog) Cant wait to get it out to the Alps in August 😀

Im running 1×10 too and cant see me going back (currently buying bits to change my Soul to 1×10)

Hope you enjoy it as much as im enjoying mine!

EDIT – Just realised i’ve posted under my GF’s profile – Oxnop

guitarhero
    Free Member

Mmmm Oxnop. Looks great in polished. Had that been an option I would have been tempted.

lilesy
    Free Member

whats the bos fork like have been thinking along the same lines just trying to justify it over the five

saxabar
    Free Member

Liking the purple a lot – it’ll look great with Renthals. Here’s mine in white 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

Never going to like purple but its a nice bike

chakaping
    Free Member

Apart from the purple paint, that is EXACTLY how I would want to spec one of them – right down to the tyres!

How are you liking the Bronson?

mboy
    Free Member

Why the long cage mechs on all these 1×10 machines? You want to be running the shortest cage mech you can…

BOS forks on the OP’s bike though… Nice!

Gunmetal Grey. Love the polished finish above – Can you get that as a refurb job Oxnop? Mines over 3 yrs old now and could do with sprucing up.

Now got a CCDB which has made a great bike even better.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Got a few runs on the fork today, and so far very impressed. Did a great job of letting me go quick over rough ground. Front wheel felt Very planted, with grip for miles. The Bronson was hooking up really well today too, on mostly loamy, rocky, rooty stuff.
    Really like the inner peace casing. When I puncture a tubeless tyre, it’s usually when it pinches the rim. The sidewall is uber thick here, but still came in at 790grams.
    As for the long cage, if Shimano did a short cage mech, I’d be all over it like a rash. I hate the look of the enormous cage on this thing.

mboy
    Free Member

As for the long cage, if Shimano did a short cage mech, I’d be all over it like a rash. I hate the look of the enormous cage on this thing.

They do a short-er cage mech in XT and XTR. I’ve got the shorter version of the XT on my 1×10 hardtail setup.

guitarhero
    Free Member

XTR mech, Renthal bar and stem added now. Really impressed with the Renthal stuff. The bar feels really solid with a lovely finish, and the stem is a work of art. Gained a bit of weight on the bar over the RF atlas FR, but lost a bit over the Thomson X4 50mm, so all in about the same (give or take 10grams)
    The XTR mech saves 100 grams over the SLX, and thankfully has a shorter cage.
    Currently sitting at a smidge over 31lbs.
    Going to get either Point One Podiums or the Spank Spike pedals, once either is available, which should dip me under 31lbs, which was my target while building.
    Also considering the XTR trail lever mod for the Saint brakes which will save a whopping 70 grams
    Feels really nimble and just wants to pop off any rock or root on the trail. Loving it 🙂

Northwind

Very nice… Is it wrong of me that I only came into this thread to try and poach your Blur? :mrgreen:

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Ooh thy jammy git, when did those BOS turn up? Having a nightmare getting hold of some, been waiting since March 🙁

guitarhero
    Free Member

Blurs gone Northwind. 🙁 Hope it’s making it’s new owner as happy as it made me.
    RJ, Got them a week ago. They’re the TRC 160 tapered, which I believe are in stock with R53.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Blur 4X out. Orange Alpine 160 in.’ is closed to new replies.