Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bluetooth help please
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

For a technophobe so be gentle. My wife has bought a new Skoda Citigo. Dimwits at the dealers didn’t tell her that, unlike the past two, this one doesn’t have a CD player. They rattle on about pairing her phone but why on earth would she want to do that? It assumes that she has it every where, wants its switched on and I am not in the car. Daft. Anyway to the point. Its got a Bluetooth radio. Can a Bluetooth mp3 player talk to it? Are there any strange things like different types of bluetooth? Simple answers with no techy language please.

Oh yeah, 1?what dimwit put the new topic box at the bottom of the page so I have to scroll through the slowest website in the universe to get there? Why not at the top like the old days?
    2) what cretin invented the word bluetooth?

fossy

A bluetooth MP3, and anything bluetooth can link to it. If she’s not bothered about that, it’s likely to have a USB socket – so rip your CD’s to MP3 format and load a few on a USB stick.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Got USB port so we could do that but the port sticks out of the top of the dash like a spare ***ck at a wedding. Might go that way though. I can do that once I work out (again) how to copy the CD. A cable would be better, neater.
    TA

mrhoppy

My yeti didn’t talk to my one plus phone, new Sharan does so it would appear not all Bluetooth is equal.

fossy

You can get really small USB sticks now

dissonance

It assumes that she has it every where, wants its switched on and I am not in the car

Why does it assume you not being in the car?

Can a Bluetooth mp3 player talk to it?

Possibly. Although if both are meant as the targets for pairing it might not work.

Are there any strange things like different types of bluetooth?

Yes. They should be backward compatible though as far as I am aware although implementations arent always the best and so not all devices will work well with others.
    Only real way to be sure is to try and see.

what cretin invented the word bluetooth?

A viking did. It was the nickname of the king who first ruled what became modern Denmark.

joshvegas
    Free Member

A viking did. It was the nickname of the king who first ruled what became modern Denmark.

His name written down is also the bluetooth symbol isn’t it.

Not sure why they’re dimwits for not telling you it didn’t have a cd player when they’re shit and no one wants them

Its not got a tape either is that a different thread?

Just st accept it. Get a phone. Get a spotify account and marvel about how wrong you were. You can pair both phones aswell i think.

I think citigos used to have a microsd card slot aswell if you have that you could stick your entire CD collection on and just have it permanently in the car!

jb72
    Free Member

Have to agree with the others … get a small usb drive. Much better than having a load of CDs floating round the car.

Cougar

It assumes that she has it every where, wants its switched on and I am not in the car. Daft.

Why would you not carry a phone with you if you have one? Playing CDs assumes you’ve got a CD with you, does it not?

Why would you want to carry a phone switched off when a) you can charge it in the car and b) can stick it in aeroplane mode if you don’t want to be contacted?

What’s your presence or lack thereof got to do with the price of rice?

Daft, well. MP3 is only a 25 year old technology, I suppose it might take a while to catch on yet. You could probably burn your entire CD collection onto a pendrive.

For what it’s worth, the lack of a CD player in my car irritates me from a convenience point of view, but there’s hardly a lack of alternatives.

stumpy01

Sounds like easiest solution would be to just get a USB drive. I’ve got one in our Ibiza that only sticks about 5mm from the port.
    Like this:

Compact USB Drive

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth help please’ is closed to new replies.